How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Crossdressing

meowjennie

Virgin
Preface: Crossdressing isn’t a monolith. It’s a sensitive and complicated subject, and well beyond the scope of this post to address every single reason that a person might crossdress. I speak only from the perspective that I have personal experience with, which is a cis male who normally presents as masculine but fully presents as feminine on occasion with a desire to be as “passable” as possible. Many crossdressers don’t dress fully, or don’t desire to pass, and that’s perfectly fine. It’s possible that you don’t agree with what I have to say, in which case please open a dialogue so that we can better understand each other!

One of my earliest memories is going into my mom’s room to put on one of her dresses; it was so long that I could barely walk in the thing. Even though I didn’t quite know what I was doing, I knew it was “wrong,” so when my mom came to her room to look for me, I tried to keep her out by pushing against the door with all of my five-year-old strength. My memory is murky after that but I can only assume I got a scolding and a firm explanation that dresses were for girls and not boys.

Over the years, the compulsion got stronger. When at a friend’s house I might opportunistically steal a piece of clothing from their sister, not because I wanted to do anything lewd with it, but because it was pretty and I wanted to wear it. In junior high, I bought my first piece of girls’ clothing: a cute striped halter top from a retail store, nervously lying to the curious cashier that it was for my (fictitious) girlfriend.

In college I got a real girlfriend, and of course that meant I would secretly borrow her clothes to wear. On one occasion, she dropped by the dorm to surprise me and I refused to see her because I had been experimenting with her eyeliner and couldn’t figure out how to get it off. I lied and told her that it was because I hated surprises, and she cried. It was the first time my secret had spilled over into “real life,” and the consequences were very real.

Eventually I was able to move into a studio apartment of my own. Away from prying eyes, I purchased awful wigs, heels that were either too big or too small, fashionable clothes that would literally rip at the seams when I tried to squeeze into them, and makeup that didn’t match my skin tone. Nonetheless, I was in love with all of it, because it was the first time I could transform from head to toe into the girl that I wanted to look like. I relished the sensations of tight spandex, silky polyester, and delicate lace, and when looking in a mirror after a few glasses of wine, imagined that I almost looked pretty.

It was chasing this feeling of prettiness that led me to make an account for my femme persona on a dating site. In my mind, the highest form of validation of my feminine appearance was the interest of another guy. At that point, I knew deep down that I still wasn’t very passable as a girl, so I was incredibly flattered when this tall, fit, gentleman with a great smile invited me on a movie date. Up until that point, I had only ventured around the block dressed up under the cover of darkness, so it sounded like a grand adventure to be able to experience being a girl for a night in public. Tentatively, I agreed.

My date was very sweet, and didn’t mention my broad shoulders, narrow hips, or square jaw, even though I got more than a few curious or alarmed looks from other people. By the end of the night, I was extremely confused. It sounds silly and naive but I hadn’t ever considered the possibility of having sex with a guy, but I was so caught up in feeling like a girl that I wanted to go home with him. This deviates from the majority of crossdressers, who are straight, but I ended up losing my virginity a second time that night.

I’ll never know what happened to him after that, because as soon as I got home I deleted my dating profile and tossed all of my girl stuff into the dumpster.

Many crossdressers will likely be familiar with “purging,” or getting rid of all their girl stuff. Purging is usually triggered by being or nearly-being “caught,” and wishing to avert embarrassment or as part of a compromise, the crossdresser resolves to never again indulge in such behavior. For me, my first purge was triggered by the terrifying realization that I might not be completely straight. I told myself that if I simply never crossdress again, I could live out the rest of my life as the regular straight dude that everyone thought I was. Perhaps over time, I wouldn’t even want to crossdress anymore.

For a few years, it almost worked. I would catch myself being a little too interested in the racks of clothes when shopping with my girlfriend, or spending too much time admiring a cute girl’s outfit on Instagram, but would immediately quash any stray thoughts. Eventually, a really bad breakup shattered my vow of abstinence, and I splurged to fully restock my feminine closet almost overnight. This time, I told myself, it’d be different: I had gotten all of that bisexual stuff out of my system.

Of course, that was a lie. I liked girls, and I had no romantic interest in men, but when dressed up I would nonetheless find myself seeking their validation. I had become the very kind of girl that I disliked: insecure and attention-seeking.

Queue several cycles of hooking up with a guy, purging out of guilt and shame, a period of abstinence, only to cave again.

At some point I realized the futility and wastefulness of it all—the desire to crossdress had begun when I was but a wee tyke and would remain with me until the day I died. Purging and abstinence were ineffective in eliminating or even reducing the urge. There are some parallels to be drawn with alcoholism: the compulsion will always be there, though it can be suppressed.

But did I need to or even want to suppress it? An alcoholic destroys both himself and his relationships with the people who care about him, but I wasn’t harming anyone with my hobby, and though filling up two closets was more expensive than filling one, I was able to afford it. I could either continue to unsuccessfully fight it, or learn to embrace it in a healthy way.

I was able to choose the latter, but it’s not difficult to imagine situations where the choice becomes much more difficult. Perhaps a crossdresser was caught by their partner, who can’t accept it and delivers the ultimatum of either giving up crossdressing or separating. Or perhaps a crossdresser lives in a part of the world where their job or even safety can be at jeopardy if they’re ever discovered. I’m fortunate that these aren’t factors for me.

Today, I’m free to become Jennie whenever I wish. By embracing my feminine side and shedding the guilt and shame, I’m a happier and more complete individual. I can talk about my feelings more deeply and more openly. I’m more sensitive to the needs of others. As an added bonus, my complexion has significantly improved when I discovered feminine skincare, and it’s also a powerful motivation for me to stay in shape and stave off the dad-bod so that I can continue to fit into the girl clothes I own.

Are there other crossdressers on Literotica who can relate to any of this? I've started a crossdressing blog and am very interested in different perspectives on the subject. It's difficult to get people to speak candidly about crossdressing, even on the internet, but I thought I'd give it a try.

-Jennie

Last edited:
That was a very interesting post to start this thread. Thank you for sharing in such detail!

That's a beautiful post. 💖 Loads of elements in there that chime with my own story.

And Jennie, physical appearance is not such an issue on the forum... Can I just say that from your post, and your use of language, you sound very pretty. 💋 Your underlying femininity really comes out.

Let’s dress to impress N. Georgia or Tn.

Oh I would love to find people in my area with similar interest. I have alwaywanted to dress with others and have a slutty slumber party. That would be hot especially since I am sure I could be made passable. HMU please
Sincerely,
Danni 👗👄💄😘

love cross-dressing

I hope I am not out of line with my own crossd-ressing story:
As the title of this thread states I love cross-dressing. It did not start at a young age for me, the seed wasn't planted until my late 30's. One night my ex wife and I were having sex in our living room. She stopped for a minute and said she would be right back, she then went upstairs and came back down with two pairs of pantyhose. I have never cross-dressed or even thought about it at that time in my life. She asked me to get undressed and put on a pair of the hose. I did as she asked and she put on the other pair. I do not know if she did this to embarrass me or if it turned her on. The sex was very exciting that night. We did not discuss it after that as we were not getting along and divorced shortly after. For me the experience was electric, I loved the feel of the panty hose it made me feel free, different and sexy. It wasn't until many years later when my present wife and I were on a cruise and we were getting dressed for dinner I asked her if I could wear a pair of her panty hose. She seemed rather shocked but said that I could, with that I wore them all night under my regular clothes. For me it was the start of my love of cross-dressing.
Unfortunately it has caused a lot of problems with my wife and I. I find cross-dressing so arousing I can't even explain how turned on I get. We have gone through years of arguing and purging and buying clothes over and over again. I wanted to have a four way with another couple where the husband also cross-dresses. At first she was willing but then backed out. Throughout the years she has helped me out with getting dressed and putting on polish on my nails and toes. At one time she even let me buy a wig and helped me with make up. Some where along the line the wig went out with of the many purges I went through. All I know is that the more I dress the more I want to suck a cock. I want to get together with a cross-dresser and experience getting dressed together and enjoying each others bodies in all ways possible. My wife right now has lost her desire for sex mostly due to age and physical problems. We have sex 2 to 3 times a month and most of the time it is very vanilla. She is not up for much in the bedroom. We have not had intercourse in about 12 years. I could easily have sex twice a week with no problem ( I am 70 so it takes a little longer to build up my testosterone levels), my wife could go a month or more with no sex at all.
I can understand my wife's problem with my desires as she did not marry a man to have him dress up as a woman and get turned on by it to the point that he wants to go suck cock. We did go to a counselor for a while and she brought up the cross dressing and he did not make a big deal about it and said it was just a fetish. She expected him to blast me for the dressing and when he did not she just shut down and lost interest in going to counseling.
I get a chance to dress up with her about once every month or so. I tell her how much I appreciate her letting me do this and I also tell her how it makes me feel. I tell her that I want to get together with someone who enjoys the dressing up as much as I do. She has reached a point where she says I should go find someone and do the things I want to do. She feels that her lack of sex drive is a failure on her part but she is not sure what she can do about it.
I have always been a take charge type person but when I am in the bedroom I want her to be in charge and that causes even more problems for her. When I dress up I get very submissive but I want to be submissive with another cross dresser not some macho type guy. I am not into humiliation or pain at all. I love looking at all the pictures on literotica and imagine sucking cock and licking ass holes. I don't know if I will ever get the chance but for now the internet is my outlet.

Wow Jennie, I was dressed up in girls clothes by my older sisters when I was about 6 or 7 I think and after that when I was 12 and would be home alone (I was the youngest of 5) I would go into my eldest sister or middle sister's room and wear their panties and bra or their bikinis and then jack off until I came. I started putting on their dresses too. Oh God how I loved wearing their clothes! My eldest sister had a pair of purple satin panties that I loved wearing and she had the cutest lacy bras too! And she had a cheerleader's outfit with the matching panties! Oh my! My middle sister did ballet so I got to wear her leotard and stockings, what a thrill that was! As I grew and started doing jobs at peoples houses (I was a painter) I would look through women's drawers at their panties and bras and fantasize about wearing their underwear with them! Then when I got my own place, I'd go to an abs and get stories about crossdressing. Loved those books! I've always been a voracious reader and fetish and kink books were GREAT reading! I had my own panties that I'd wear to bed and would jack off to stories or some crossdresser magazines! Then I gave one of my girlfriends some lingerie that included stockings. She didn't like the stockings so they became mine.YEAH, awesome! Then I got a bustier and loved me some nights in my lingerie! Then I met my future wife and I purged everything I had. Sniff, sniff.

It's me, AddyB. If anyone wants to hear of my ongoing story, just let me know.

It's me, AddyB. If anyone wants to hear of my ongoing story, just let me know.

Love to hear your “on going” story.
I’m very lucky in that my wife new about my pantie fetish before we married. Now I have my own femme wardrobe. We have lots of lovely girly times. It’s been a real helpful distraction during lockdown.

My dressing began in earnest with my ex. One evening she asked if she could do my hair I it was shoulder length at the time) and put makeup on me. I saw no harm and let her do it. When she finished she looked at me with surprise and said I would make a pretty woman. The following weekend she asked if she could do it again but wanted me to also put on one of her dresses. again i agreed. I found the experience so arousing that it just took off from there and I have never looked back. I love to dress

My dressing began in earnest with my ex. One evening she asked if she could do my hair I it was shoulder length at the time) and put makeup on me. I saw no harm and let her do it. When she finished she looked at me with surprise and said I would make a pretty woman. The following weekend she asked if she could do it again but wanted me to also put on one of her dresses. again i agreed. I found the experience so arousing that it just took off from there and I have never looked back. I love to dress

You are so lucky to have experienced that.

When I was young (late teens) my first proper girlfriend kept telling me that because I have long eyelashes she wanted to make up my eyes! This was never happening to an insecure 18 year old. I'll forever look back on that as a missed opportunity. 💔😔

You are so lucky to have experienced that.

When I was young (late teens) my first proper girlfriend kept telling me that because I have long eyelashes she wanted to make up my eyes! This was never happening to an insecure 18 year old. I'll forever look back on that as a missed opportunity. 💔😔

What was most fortunate was that I could wear her clothes and shoes. I found it so very luxurious slipping my stocking clad foot into a pair of heels I will never forget that feeling.

What was most fortunate was that I could wear her clothes and shoes. I found it so very luxurious slipping my stocking clad foot into a pair of heels I will never forget that feeling.

The luxury and sensuality of feminine clothes and underwear are what differentiates them from drab, serviceable male attire. I mean, they are visibly gorgeous too, with their lace fringes and little bows, but it's pure indulgence having them hidden away underneath. 💖💖💖

The luxury and sensuality of feminine clothes and underwear are what differentiates them from drab, serviceable male attire. I mean, they are visibly gorgeous too, with their lace fringes and little bows, but it's pure indulgence having them hidden away underneath. 💖💖💖
I quite agree. It's a shame that society frowns on crossdressing. I love wearing high heels and so wish i could wear them all the time with my toes painted. I love the sound high heels make on a hard service. I vividly remember the first time i ventured out dressed how turned on I was by the sound of my heels on the sidewalk.

I quite agree. It's a shame that society frowns on crossdressing. I love wearing high heels and so wish i could wear them all the time with my toes painted. I love the sound high heels make on a hard service. I vividly remember the first time i ventured out dressed how turned on I was by the sound of my heels on the sidewalk.

Yes, the combination of that sound and silicone forms bouncing is absolutely intoxicating. 💖😲💖

I also love the feeling of a gentle breeze up my skirt or dress

Oh yes. The first time I wore panties, stockings and suspenders (in private, in my bedroom) I couldn't believe how naked I felt. more than naked, if that makes sense. It must feel amazing outdoors in a short skirt or summer dress - I still haven't experienced that. 💖

Oh yes. The first time I wore panties, stockings and suspenders (in private, in my bedroom) I couldn't believe how naked I felt. more than naked, if that makes sense. It must feel amazing outdoors in a short skirt or summer dress - I still haven't experienced that. 💖

It is what's more arousing is when a man looks at you approvingly thinking you're a woman. I found this experience to be particularly arousing. This first happened to me at a hotel in Virginia while my ex and I were getting somethings out of our car.

It is what's more arousing is when a man looks at you approvingly thinking you're a woman. I found this experience to be particularly arousing. This first happened to me at a hotel in Virginia while my ex and I were getting somethings out of our car.

I don't think I'll ever get to experience that. 😞

Back