How do you help someone get over being abused

Don K Dyck said:
Go Gil !!!!

<Psst!! How many days until Nostress gets into his tutu . . .

. . . and Bertie sits on your knee only in tiara and fishnets . . . :devil: :D :devil:

I think i need another trip to Sin City for this. :devil: :D

Many wonderful responses here. I would second the recommendation of couples therapy. It can really help for a disinterested outside observer to help us see ways that we replay roles from earlier, more hurtful relationships in our current ones.

Don K Dyck said:
Go Gil !!!!

<Psst!! How many days until Nostress gets into his tutu . . .

. . . and Bertie sits on your knee only in tiara and fishnets . . . :devil: :D :devil:

Hi Don it's now day 22 & i thought it was a 3 week deal so will be sure to keep an eye on the Aussie thread for Trev's pics & can't wait for Bertrande's visit although i'm thinking BANDIT:heart: is keener on her visit than Trev's pics.

Knight_Errant said:
kikmosa said:
God I was so afraid that it was just a new way to torture me. But it wasn't. He did leave and I packed up and ran as fast as I could. I filed for divorce and ran again. It's been four years now and I still live in fear of him. QUOTE]

Two ways.

1) I won't have sex with you, I'll just hug you a bit. I like hugs. I need em, too.

2) I'll go kill the bastard. Slowly.

That work?
I'm so sorry that I was lax in my reading past pages and missed this, K_E.
1. A hug would be very nice, I love hugs too. It may take me a few minutes to get up the courage first, though.
2. He's not worth the time or effort of killing, if he's still even alive right now. He may have already made that last mistake by now. I don't know and I no longer care. Although I'm tempted to have him tracked down and sued. Bastard owes me about 7 years of back alimony. I've never had the nerve to try and get any of it.

But the hug will definately work. :D :kiss: :rose:

hey Kiki!!!! Nice to see you!

Good going Gil! you can do it. Please link to Trev's pic when he does it ;) I just love seeing men in tutu's :D

Hi Everyone!

Read it all.

Well, it took me two days of solid reading (when I wasn't working, lol) but I've gone back and read the entire thread, start to finish. I saw many thing I'm ashamed to say I missed entirely, posts I should have seen but didn't because I wasn't paying enough attention. All I can say is I'm sorry for all of the people I may have hurt by lack of a response. I will try to do better.

I also saw many other things. People who were hurting, angry, scared, ashamed, unsure. And people offering comfort, calmness, protection, hope, understanding, unconditional love and caring, ideas, resources, advice, a new outlook, confidance and prayer. I saw people come here with no hope and no reason to go on and leave with a new hold on life and a future to look forward to. I saw people put aside their own pain to help someone they didn't even know to cope with their pain. I saw people looking for help, not for themselves but for people in their lives that they cared for. I saw people come here timid and trembling and leave ready to take on the world like a tigar. I saw tears and laughter, despair and dreams, sorrow and joy, hate and love, hopelessness and hope. I saw the worst side of mankind and the best side of mankind. Above all I saw the one thing this world needs more then anything, people caring.
No matter what life throws at me now I know I can handle it, because I have this place and all of the people here to help me through it. I bless the day I first pm'd Gil, for without him and this place he created and peopled with so many angels, my life would not have been worth continuing and I would have missed so much.

God bless every person that opens this thread with the same peace and hope that I have recieved.

Thank you, Gil. {{{{{{{{{{{{Gil}}}}}}}}}}}} :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

kikmosa said:
Well, it took me two days of solid reading (when I wasn't working, lol) but I've gone back and read the entire thread, start to finish. I saw many thing I'm ashamed to say I missed entirely, posts I should have seen but didn't because I wasn't paying enough attention. All I can say is I'm sorry for all of the people I may have hurt by lack of a response. I will try to do better.

I also saw many other things. People who were hurting, angry, scared, ashamed, unsure. And people offering comfort, calmness, protection, hope, understanding, unconditional love and caring, ideas, resources, advice, a new outlook, confidance and prayer. I saw people come here with no hope and no reason to go on and leave with a new hold on life and a future to look forward to. I saw people put aside their own pain to help someone they didn't even know to cope with their pain. I saw people looking for help, not for themselves but for people in their lives that they cared for. I saw people come here timid and trembling and leave ready to take on the world like a tigar. I saw tears and laughter, despair and dreams, sorrow and joy, hate and love, hopelessness and hope. I saw the worst side of mankind and the best side of mankind. Above all I saw the one thing this world needs more then anything, people caring.
No matter what life throws at me now I know I can handle it, because I have this place and all of the people here to help me through it. I bless the day I first pm'd Gil, for without him and this place he created and peopled with so many angels, my life would not have been worth continuing and I would have missed so much.

God bless every person that opens this thread with the same peace and hope that I have recieved.

Kiki, the first time I opened this thread, it was your story that I read, I went straight to the last page and started working backwards until I found you, I can't tell you how happy I felt that a complete stranger was still here alive and fighting.

I really don't know what I'm trying to say here (been having a lot of trouble with that lately :confused: )
This thread if nothing else at least shows us that there are still good people in the world even if the world today doesn't give that impression. Of course it does so much more than that as your words above say so beautifully.

Gil, if I remember correctly you started this thread to help just one person, and that alone was a good enough reason, but man has it done so much more, (the words I want are not coming) so Thanks.

Noor said:
hey Kiki!!!! Nice to see you!

Good going Gil! you can do it. Please link to Trev's pic when he does it ;) I just love seeing men in tutu's :D

Hi Everyone!

i think there are a coiple of ladies who might be helping organise his wardrobe for the big event but no tutu i think i have that covered.
it's more than likely he'll use it as his AV for some time as that was my addition to the deal he made & it's day 23, still not easy at all, very stressful.

kikmosa said:

KIKI you will always have a special place in my heart that is so much more than our BOND we share you are a wonderful lady & your strength has help me in place when i've been down.

Of course there are many others who have come here for help & then returned often to offer support for others & of course the ones who just show their big hearts by there involvement thankyou everyone & we have avoided the trolls here (only remeber one trying to raid the thread but he quickly left with his tail between his legs ( like all trolls caught being an idiot,fool & my favorite Aussie saying a real wanker.

quoll said:
Kiki, the first time I opened this thread, it was your story that I read, I went straight to the last page and started working backwards until I found you, I can't tell you how happy I felt that a complete stranger was still here alive and fighting.

I really don't know what I'm trying to say here (been having a lot of trouble with that lately :confused: )
This thread if nothing else at least shows us that there are still good people in the world even if the world today doesn't give that impression. Of course it does so much more than that as your words above say so beautifully.

Gil, if I remember correctly you started this thread to help just one person, and that alone was a good enough reason, but man has it done so much more, (the words I want are not coming) so Thanks.

over the time of this tread i have shed many tears & been deeply ashamed of being a male (first was going to say man but any male who abuses there partner isn't a man) but then found out that the rate of abuse is an almost equal share between females & males as i don't get why anyone would want to abuse the person they say they love.

i did start this thread in a desperate hope of helping one lady & so very pleased that so many have benifited from the love & care shown by many on this thread, all ppl who care about others which gives me hope that this world has hope we just have to get more ppl involved in showing love & care for others.

i also benifitted from the thread as i offered a caring arm to a lady & she took the chance to meet a guy with very poor health in another country & that is my beloved BANDIT:heart: she has been my rock through so much happening with my failing health, through it all she has been by my side, hours with me in the hospital, i'm so blessd that she accepted me as i am.

kikmosa said:
Bumping again. ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) for everyone.

I'll jump right in for one of those wonderful hugs & return one for Kiki too. :nana: :nana: :nana:

hey gil how have you been? i havent been on much because of work and my new girl. everything is going good here so far.

Gil_T2 said:
over the time of this tread i have shed many tears & been deeply ashamed of being a male (first was going to say man but any male who abuses there partner isn't a man) but then found out that the rate of abuse is an almost equal share between females & males as i don't get why anyone would want to abuse the person they say they love.

i did start this thread in a desperate hope of helping one lady & so very pleased that so many have benifited from the love & care shown by many on this thread, all ppl who care about others which gives me hope that this world has hope we just have to get more ppl involved in showing love & care for others.

i also benifitted from the thread as i offered a caring arm to a lady & she took the chance to meet a guy with very poor health in another country & that is my beloved BANDIT:heart: she has been my rock through so much happening with my failing health, through it all she has been by my side, hours with me in the hospital, i'm so blessd that she accepted me as i am.
this is a gorgeous pic of the 2 of you-you really do suit each other. keep me informed as to wedding arrangements-i wont promise to be there (although i'll try) but i will send up a little something for the 2 of you

mortalwombat said:
this is a gorgeous pic of the 2 of you-you really do suit each other. keep me informed as to wedding arrangements-i wont promise to be there (although i'll try) but i will send up a little something for the 2 of you

BANDIT:heart: says fantastic as she enjoys your meat so much.

Will explain in pm only to clarify.

tbon45 said:
hey gil how have you been? i havent been on much because of work and my new girl. everything is going good here so far.

it's pleasing to see that you are living an active life just to remember keeping it open & honest & i'm sure it will help you recover more as time goes on.

mortalwombat said:
did u just call my meat a little something? i think i'm offended

Ah but isn't quality the most important aspect to be considered. :confused:

Last edited:
Back