Ignore doesnt work. How do I contact Xenforo?

Alice2015

Literotica Guru
I've read that the "ignore" bug is not Lit's problem but is the problem if the people providing service to Lit, Xenforo.

How do I contact Xenforo through the Lit site? I looked for a contact link; the one at the bottom of the Bulletin Boards home page goes no where. I could get to them through a Google search, I'm sure, but I'm thinking that a link on Lit might be more direct...?

Any help?

In case you don't know about the bug, here's the gist:
  • You put a Litster on ignore.
  • You stop seeing their content.
  • But you still get notification of all of their posts.
  • So, essentially, they aren't on ignore at all.

Xenforo doesn't talk to people that do not own a license.

I have notifications turned off.

Xenforo doesn't talk to people that do not own a license.

I have notifications turned off.
You misunderstood my meaning for "notifications". My error.

What I mean is that if I put "JoBlo" -- made up name -- on ignore because I don't like his posts in the "Whatever" thread, when I open my "Watched threads" tab, if JoBlo posted to the thread I still see his post. I don't see the content, but I still see his post with the phrase "You are ignoring this user's content".

Why in the world am I seeing this? Shouldn't I see nothing from him at all? It's like getting a restraining order against someone but every time you step out on the front porch, they're standing there flashing a copy of the restraining order at you to remind you that you are ignoring them.

I think the Ignore feature for the forums works so much better than it did before the Xenforo upgrade. I never get a notification of activity from anyone on my ignore list, but I also do not have any watched threads. Sounds like the issue might be turning on notifications for a thread’s activity overrides the Ignore?

What I mean is that if I put "JoBlo" -- made up name -- on ignore because I don't like his posts in the "Whatever" thread, when I open my "Watched threads" tab, if JoBlo posted to the thread I still see his post. I don't see the content, but I still see his post with the phrase "You are ignoring this user's content".

Why in the world am I seeing this? Shouldn't I see nothing from him at all? It's like getting a restraining order against someone but every time you step out on the front porch, they're standing there flashing a copy of the restraining order at you to remind you that you are ignoring them.
I only see that "JoBlo" has posted if he's the last poster in that thread.

Once someone posts after them, there's nothing unless someone quotes them.

I have my notifications turned on, but I do not get a notification if that person is on iggy, even if they "like" my post like that creep lancegibs does. 🙄 I see nothing if they resply to me or quote me, so I'm not sure why you are still getting notifications.

Why in the world am I seeing this?
Like Earth Wind and Fire said, that's the way, of the world.

XF is aware of the issue as many have discussed it on web hosting related forums. I haven't seen if they're working on a fix/change, or if one is even possible.

I only see that "JoBlo" has posted if he's the last poster in that thread.

Once someone posts after them, there's nothing unless someone quotes them.

I have my notifications turned on, but I do not get a notification if that person is on iggy, even if they "like" my post like that creep lancegibs does. 🙄 I see nothing if they resply to me or quote me, so I'm not sure why you are still getting notifications.
This is my experience, too. I literally see nothing. I don't have any “watched threads,” though. Maybe it has something to do with that. Also, the OP is probably going to say you’ve also misunderstood what they meant by notifications. Apparently they didn’t mean notifications.

This is my experience, too. I literally see nothing. I don't have any “watched threads,” though. Maybe it has something to do with that. Also, the OP is probably going to say you’ve also misunderstood what they meant by notifications. Apparently they didn’t mean notifications.
My first two sentences were in reference to "watched threads". That's the only time I see them unless I'm looking for them. 🤣

My first two sentences were in reference to "watched threads". That's the only time I see them unless I'm looking for them. 🤣
Well, then I’ve got nothing, lol.

What’s the purpose of watching threads? I should probably know that. You get a notification if the thread has activity?

Well, then I’ve got nothing, lol.

What’s the purpose of watching threads? I should probably know that. You get a notification if the thread has activity?
It makes it easier to find the threads I'm interested in across all the boards. It puts them all together in one neat little package. If I want to check out a forum for new content, I just go to that forum.

Back