Keep getting rejected for AI despite following all known instructions.

See? But I kind of hate that. I have to write like shit to get my stories published? That's garbage! But I guess if we have some kind of solution.
Oh I agree, not ideal. But from my POV, getting some feedback, seeing what themes/stories work well and which don’t, won’t stop me from taking the original versions to put into my manuscript for submitting to an agent later on.

So it sort of helps, but doesn’t. I know it’s frustrating, it’s frustrating for me too.

I am also caught in the ai-detection loop on a story that has 30 parts yet to get published. Got the first part published after editing it after a first ai-detection kick back. Then the second part has been rejected more times than I can count. I did write some other stories that went through on the first pass. The only difference I could note is that the ones that passed were written in the first person, while the ones that are getting kicked back were written in the third person and explored the view-points of multiple characters. Not sure if that is true for anyone else.

I am also caught in the ai-detection loop on a story that has 30 parts yet to get published. Got the first part published after editing it after a first ai-detection kick back. Then the second part has been rejected more times than I can count. I did write some other stories that went through on the first pass. The only difference I could note is that the ones that passed were written in the first person, while the ones that are getting kicked back were written in the third person and explored the view-points of multiple characters. Not sure if that is true for anyone else.
All of my stories are entirely third person. Interesting!

All of my stories are entirely third person. Interesting!
And some published, some rejected? So maybe that doesn't have anything to do with it? Maybe its the multiple viewpoints?

Ugh.. Speculation. Would be nice if someone could come back and say, "dont do this or you'll get rejected..." Seriously considering other ways to get this story published cause I'm a little frustrated rewriting every couple days because I'm going to get rejected again.

Just for note. I wrote these stories in MS Word, and used their editor tool to fix spelling, grammar, etc. Everything I've submitted in the last month has been written that way. Some passed in less than 24hrs. And EVERYTHING in my long story has been bounced back. Which makes me think there is something very particular in THAT story that is getting rejected.

And some published, some rejected? So maybe that doesn't have anything to do with it? Maybe its the multiple viewpoints?

Ugh.. Speculation. Would be nice if someone could come back and say, "dont do this or you'll get rejected..." Seriously considering other ways to get this story published cause I'm a little frustrated rewriting every couple days because I'm going to get rejected again.

Just for note. I wrote these stories in MS Word, and used their editor tool to fix spelling, grammar, etc. Everything I've submitted in the last month has been written that way. Some passed in less than 24hrs. And EVERYTHING in my long story has been bounced back. Which makes me think there is something very particular in THAT story that is getting rejected.
Yeah, it really is frustrating.

So my official hit rate after a month and a complete change of writing style, length of story, and even phrasing, is about 33% approval at the minute across the twelve or so chapters I have written and submitted/resubmitted.

What is perhaps most galling is seeing my April Fools day piece, not a seriously intended chapter in the series, have its date changed to tomorrow and yet I’ve really not done much different to some of the other chapters.

Overall I still think the AI checking is entirely hit and miss, but maybe there is something I am hitting I am not seeing. Who knows.

So my official hit rate after a month and a complete change of writing style, length of story, and even phrasing, is about 33% approval at the minute across the twelve or so chapters I have written and submitted/resubmitted.

What is perhaps most galling is seeing my April Fools day piece, not a seriously intended chapter in the series, have its date changed to tomorrow and yet I’ve really not done much different to some of the other chapters.

Overall I still think the AI checking is entirely hit and miss, but maybe there is something I am hitting I am not seeing. Who knows.
I have ran my next...4 chapters(?) through multiple AI And they all came back with less than 15% on average. They are all 'pending', which is better than constantly rejected, but if they wallow in the pending box, it kind of feels like a way to kick the rock down the hill so to speak, and nothing gets solved or looked at.

I have ran my next...4 chapters(?) through multiple AI And they all came back with less than 15% on average. They are all 'pending', which is better than constantly rejected, but if they wallow in the pending box, it kind of feels like a way to kick the rock down the hill so to speak, and nothing gets solved or looked at.
So I have two in pending now that have lost their date for publishing, this is normally an indication of an AI rejection. Today I also published two,

The problem is I can’t correlate what the difference is between the four stories - the only thing that is definite is the length, the longest stories are all getting rejected multiple times over.

So I have two in pending now that have lost their date for publishing, this is normally an indication of an AI rejection. Today I also published two,

The problem is I can’t correlate what the difference is between the four stories - the only thing that is definite is the length, the longest stories are all getting rejected multiple times over.
This is the problem I am having too. I used to request having stories published one a Monday or Friday to try and create a regular schedule, but I might have to just start saying publish at your earliest convenience because there is a chance they just sit in the pending box or they get kicked back for "AI".
I wish there was some more clarity on this to be honest, but I know we can't all get AI feedback from Lauren(?).
I have submitted different story story that is in a different genre. I want to see where this one goes. It is more 'in line' with how most Lit stories are told (and far less flowery), so maybe that will make the difference.

my experience has been that once you submit something, it'll sit for approx 24hrs. If the submission date changes, and it doesn't now say "new" with a future publishing date, then it'll sit for 7 more days, THEN get rejected for AI. If you watch the date of your submission, it'll change when it is reviewed. If that happens, and it still says "pending" then, in my experience, it is going to get rejected.

my experience has been that once you submit something, it'll sit for approx 24hrs. If the submission date changes, and it doesn't now say "new" with a future publishing date, then it'll sit for 7 more days, THEN get rejected for AI. If you watch the date of your submission, it'll change when it is reviewed. If that happens, and it still says "pending" then, in my experience, it is going to get rejected.

Great. This is the current situation with Part 2 of my series. If that is indeed the case, then it seems likely my story will be rejected for the third time.

I don't know how helpful this is. ALL of my stories are just pending. They approved my most recent chapter but everything else is pending with the proper date that it was submitted, but nothing is moving. I have no notes, nor messages, nor anything else. My stories have been sitting in the pending box for 8 days...And I am hearing nothing.
I have had long stretches where stories waited, but...This is getting slightly out of hand.

In the past day it has come to my attention that one of the best new writers in the past 5 years in E&V suddenly disappeared from the site along with all his stories because suddenly he was getting flagged as AI.
This writer is EXCELLENT and was writing here with the same characters long before the AI moral panic gripped the site’s owners.
This is the type of damage being done we don’t even know….
It’s a no brainer to say that established authors that posted at least 2 years ago shouldn’t be flagged for AI but instead they are being driven away.

In the past day it has come to my attention that one of the best new writers in the past 5 years in E&V suddenly disappeared from the site along with all his stories because suddenly he was getting flagged as AI.
This writer is EXCELLENT and was writing here with the same characters long before the AI moral panic gripped the site’s owners.
This is the type of damage being done we don’t even know….
It’s a no brainer to say that established authors that posted at least 2 years ago shouldn’t be flagged for AI but instead they are being driven away.
Information like this, coupled with my stories wallowing in the pending section, does not leave me feeling encouraged. I do not know what the recourse it or even where the substitute is. Lit has some of the widest reach for certain stories. I am not sure where else I could tell the stories I am trying to tell.
I hope someone can come up with an answer.

Everyone should run their stories through AI detectors before posting and share the results here. This would help narrow down which AI detector is being used on this site. It would make it much easier to understand what is triggering the detection and fix any issues. Currently, trying to fix a 30,000-character story without knowing what is triggering the AI detection is like finding a needle in a haystack. Personally, I can pass most detectors with the exception of Sapling which seems particularly hard towards my writing style.

Everyone should run their stories through AI detectors before posting and share the results here. This would help narrow down which AI detector is being used on this site. It would make it much easier to understand what is triggering the detection and fix any issues. Currently, trying to fix a 30,000-character story without knowing what is triggering the AI detection is like finding a needle in a haystack. Personally, I can pass most detectors with the exception of Sapling which seems particularly hard towards my writing style.
While this seems like a good exercise... i'm finding luck in publishing on another site.. I really like the rating system here on Literotica, and it makes me sad that my 30+ chapter story will not publish here, but i'm done fighting that insane detection garbage...

I have been doing that. I don't know if you saw that, but I check 1200 words at a time. ANY rudimentary poetry sets off the detectors to some degree. Simple phrases like 'he said' can set it off. But my writing usually is less than 15% 'AI detected' or '10%' mix on others, and if I add superfluous details, it can get it to 2%, but maybe emulating Hemingway might not be the solution.
Some of my stories just passed the 'sniff' test as it were, but a story I have been working on for a year, and wrote offline still set off the 'AI Detector'. This problem seems systemic. The site might need more transparency, or at the very least, a staff of some kind(?). I don't know what else to suggest. I don't want to leave LitE because it gets me a wider audience, and I can get critical feedback, which helps me improve my writing.
I know AI is improving, but we have to do something better about it.

I am finding this thread scary. I only publish a story every couple of years and have not published one in a while. I am currently working on a new story but I don't want to put all the effort in to only be rejected by AI. It is hard and time consuming to the write the initial story so I am certainly now going to rewrite it because of some AI tool. Unrelated to writing stories, I have found copilot to be very judgmental in what questions it will answer and we all know the problems with Gemini so wonder how are people getting AI to write an erotic story?

It sucks. If you use any type of grammar tool it increase the chances of AI rejection. You can only fix the basic grammar errors not the sentence structure error. I'm feeling like you can't even practice rich sentence structure anymore. It's not fair. I write to improve my English. If I don't try new and hard stuffs then how I can improve. This AI detector software are suck. They should use human to detect it not an AI. If human can't tell the difference then what's the problem.

Impossible. AI doesn't allowed lewd stuff and they write it their own way so you're not getting what are you expecting. You can generate certain scenario or conversation but still you have to work on it to match with your story line and tone. Simply you can't feed your imagination to the AI and that's why the output will never fulfill your expectation. I think this is where we shine. The urge we have it can't be copied. We don't like the same thing over and over. When you read or watch lewd stuff you may have a type but you don't get turned on by the exactly same thing every time. You always look for something different/new. That's because of our urge and imagination. We always set up a mental model of our expectation and it's different every single fucking time, haha.

I just want to remind everyone that this thread is for people who have faced countless AI Rejections to share their stories, not to speculate over whether AI can/can not create erotica content.

Those sorts of discussions can happen in Authors' Hangout, not here as it defeats the purpose of this thread being a place for the falsely accused to discuss the issues they faced with a baseless AI Rejection.

Thank you.

It sucks. If you use any type of grammar tool it increase the chances of AI rejection. You can only fix the basic grammar errors not the sentence structure error. I'm feeling like you can't even practice rich sentence structure anymore. It's not fair. I write to improve my English. If I don't try new and hard stuffs then how I can improve. This AI detector software are suck. They should use human to detect it not an AI. If human can't tell the difference then what's the problem.
I agree. It seems if you use the most basic sentence structure like "They passionately kissed." that would pass but you write to try and paint a picture and evoke a feeling from the reader it will get flagged as AI. I last published my story before ChatGPT so I don't believe they were doing any AI detection then but I am working on my latest story now and wondering. Good luck on your writing.

I guess that is a possibility
I asked my IT staff and they said it's very easy as AI chatbot's only are censored in the online versions if you download the file directly and run it as a program on your computer there is no censorship.
He showed me one we use for technical data review editing and it's totally uncensored however it operates nothing like a chatbot ...it has like parameter fields and seems quite complicated to set up.

Back