How to get help writing a possibly bi-curious female character

Alkymist

Virgin
Hi all,

Very long time reader, but I'm not much of a poster. I've come across a problem that I'm hoping people can assist with. I've been trying to figure out the best place to post the request and ended up here. Suggestions for a better location are welcome if the more experienced posters think it should be elsewhere.

I'm currently working on what is technically my second story submission, but really my first major length story. The main character is a young woman and the story mainly focuses on her romance (and overcoming some psychological hurdles) with a male character. However, as I've been writing this out, I'm discovering something that many long-term writers probably already know - despite being creations in my head, characters can have a mind of their own. As the story has progressed, she's discovered an attraction to two other female characters (her long-time friend more so than the other).

I'd like to pursue this thread in the story line while maintaining the original F/M romance. The problem is, I'm a straight male with no viable experience on female bisexuality. Realistic character development is important to me and I want to ensure that the material I produce doesn't come across as someone's clueless assumption (or worse, ignorant fantasy). There's far too much of those on this site.

Ideally, I'd like to have the opportunity to have professional, but frank, private message/email interviews/discussions with women who have discovered this in themselves. I think that would allow the greatest degree of freedom to fine tune and ask specific questions. However, I also recognize there is a pervasive problem with guys hounding women online hoping for some action and I do NOT want to come across that way at all. My intent is research, not a hookup.

If someone's willing to assist with this, please let me know. I'm also totally open for answering any initial questions you may have if that helps you determine your willingness.

Thanks.

Back