Assistance with Writing

CMK89

Literotica Guru
For years, longer than a decade, I've had an idea to write a fantasy novel/series. Though everytime I start to write it, I feel like it's not good enough or I run into fear of not writing correctly. The story is not erotic and is going to require extensive research, because its biblical apocalyptic with fantasy lore. I'm hoping someone experienced might be able to help give me pointers with writing skills. Such as how to write out character profiles, how not to deviate back and forth in thoughts on a "scene" or from the main plot of the book. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Such a dream! To create, to bring visions to life...

I'm no expert, but the old line 'walk before you run' has some merit. Perhaps you should try your hand at some shorter stories first, get used to arranging your thoughts on paper.

There are many better writers than I around here and perhaps you might ask the same question on the Authors' Hangout, but my opinion is that one shouldn't worry too much about process. The important thought is to get words flowing, for editing follows with a purpose.

There is a current thread going on creating character sheets: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/create-a-character-sheet.1571454/

Good luck.

Back