Has iOS autocorrect got worse?

EmilyMiller

Perv of the Impverse
You’d think that it wasn’t possible, right?

But it now seems obsessed with twisting every other word into the name of some Z-list “celebrity.” And no, it’s not getting any of that shit from me.

Emily

I've noticed that. Not so much the celebrity, but random two word suggestions. I spend a lot of time telling it to stop displaying appropriate suggestions.

I get Grande quite a lot as well - Ariana I assume. What I don’t get is it changes a non-capitalized word into a capitalized one.

The hacker who sends me a mod to disable autocorrect on all my programs will get my eternal gratitude. I have never been so annoyed by a good-intentioned program in my life.

You can disable autocorrect straight from the settings, no need for matrix shenanigans.

Then again, my typing on my phone would suffer tremendously. I've probably grown so used to having a margin of error that I mistype all the time...

Much more invasive and much more obtuse. I think they put an AI behind it.

You can disable autocorrect straight from the settings, no need for matrix shenanigans.

Then again, my typing on my phone would suffer tremendously. I've probably grown so used to having a margin of error that I mistype all the time...
I just have fat thumbs and poor aim.

Much more invasive and much more obtuse. I think they put an AI behind it.
I think so too. It loves to guess what I want to say now.

The problem is that even when it guesses correctly, it takes more time for me to stop typing, read what it says, and accept the suggestion, than it does for me to just type it myself. 🫥

Yeah - I’m like that. I tried without and it was harder. Just wish it was less crap.

K. It literally just took the word ‘since’ and turned it into ‘so nice’ when I hit the space bar. It’s not only AI, it’s got a fucking vendetta.

And it does both its ↔️ it’s and your ↔️ you’re totally wrong all the time.

I mean I write its when I mean possessive and it changes it to it’s and I write it’s when it’s a contraction and it changes it to its.

It did it like four times in the last paragraph.

Rather worryingly, on another thread, it just changed pretending to preteens 😱

Emily

In a txt to a friend recently it changed "bitchin'" to "bitcoin"

Me and my big fat thumbs rely heavily on autocorrect. But it's like a drunk English teacher, going through my proper spelling and grammar and adding apostrophes and weird malaprops in all the wrong places.

Every version of iOS seems to have its own quirks with autocorrect. They fix one and a different one pops up.

One I remember well from a couple versions back was that it would randomly insert an 'a' between words. Very annoying.

Back