GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
dizzylia said:
:kiss:

I'm all for the dawning of an open age altogether. I'm tired of being someone else's secret in the closet, y'know? :rolleyes:

Why, why, why do people think it's perfectly all right to foster biases (often violent ones) against alternative sexualities? How is that possibly rationalized in any way even approaching logic?

I wish I could answer that for you..but I can't. Then again, it's the same mindset that allows people to foster violent biases against race and religion as well.

Luna_Wolf72 said:
I wish I could answer that for you..but I can't. Then again, it's the same mindset that allows people to foster violent biases against race and religion as well.
It's generally the same, yes. But at least the protection for those situations are more or less upheld and enforced within our law enforcement groups. A person can mostly assume that if they tell someone they're <insert race> or follow <insert religious affiliation>, they have a good chance of being accepted or having that admission dismissed as irrelevant. But can people assume the same about admitting their particular sexuality? Granted, we're catching up, but I think the gap is still too large. The precedent, in fact, is "don't ask, don't tell", which is supposed to be interpreted vice versa as well.

Sorry... I'm not usually so adamant or (dare I say) political. Maybe it's pent-up frustration with The Way Things Are, which is forcing me to move out of my current living situation in the near future.

(Edited for clarity)

Last edited:
Sexuality taps into the back of our heads, where our dinosaur brain still lives.

Attitudes aren't rational, they are, for most simply visceral.

(laughing) either that, or they are afraid that they might being queer too much...

SophiaY said:
Sexuality taps into the back of our heads, where our dinosaur brain still lives.

Attitudes aren't rational, they are, for most simply visceral.

(laughing) either that, or they are afraid that they might being queer too much...
Very true. Though many of them are fostered from the cradle on, as well. So those (un)natural fears are fed with the knowledge that it is "acceptable" to feel that way.

(As I am yet again reminded how fortunate I was from the cradle onward :eek:)

And more, because I feel like it

I love that idea that you can "catch" queer. OMG! Accepting someone who's gay will make me gay!

Because OMG! Accepting someone who's <race> will make me <race>! :rolleyes:

dizzylia said:
I love that idea that you can "catch" queer. OMG! Accepting someone who's gay will make me gay!

Oooh. In which case, my genetics totally kick ass. :D

Spent my entire lunch hour riding and dodging idiots and feeling the wind try to take my cap and getting my knees all cool! BFG life is good! I do need those new chaps though.... damn promises..... *sigh*chuckle*

dizzylia said:
:kiss:

I'm all for the dawning of an open age altogether. I'm tired of being someone else's secret in the closet, y'know? :rolleyes:

Why, why, why do people think it's perfectly all right to foster biases (often violent ones) against alternative sexualities? How is that possibly rationalized in any way even approaching logic?

Its probably because most of humanity is afraid of anything different to themselves, they see it as a threat to their way of life, which it totally isnt, the same things happened throughout history to anything different, be it religion or whatever, there is always resistance, humankind doesnt always follow the best track.

dizzylia said:

So that would make me a gay male lesbian then? :rolleyes:

Anniejustagirl said:
Spent my entire lunch hour riding and dodging idiots and feeling the wind try to take my cap and getting my knees all cool! BFG life is good! I do need those new chaps though.... damn promises..... *sigh*chuckle*
Oooh, sounds like fun. :)

I'd like to see you in /only/ chaps. *halo*

dizzylia said:

I think you dropped this. *hands Dizzy her halo*
I found it over there on the floor..... :p

dizzylia said:

You mean you actually want me to put some clothing back on??!?! :rolleyes: okie dokie then

Afternoon, Soph :rose: :kiss: Mark..... :p {{{bear}}}

mark197205 said:
I think you dropped this. *hands Dizzy her halo*
I found it over there on the floor..... :p
Oh, thanks! We ran out of horseshoes earlier and got bored. I'll just buy another one at Wal-Mart.

Anniejustagirl said:
You mean you actually want me to put some clothing back on??!?! :rolleyes: okie dokie then

All in moderation, my dear. :cathappy:

Anniejustagirl said:

You mean your nekkid? :D :nana:

dizzylia said:
Oh, thanks! We ran out of horseshoes earlier and got bored. I'll just buy another one at Wal-Mart.

Cool, get me a new one while your there, I seem to have misplaced mine.... :rolleyes:

All right, folks. I need to run. Time to finish my my work. After that, I'm off to babysit. The weather is amazing today, so I'm going to run them around outside, then toss them into the tub. Hopefully it'll all be done in time for Survivor and CSI. :D More CSI than the other, though.

Anyway.... *zoom!*

-dizzy :rose:

P.S. Thank you for helping my day fly by!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back