GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Check-up

Mood: A strange mix of relief and dread
Music: "Fly Away" by John Denver. Why, I don't know. *peers at iTunes*
Wearing: A gloomy, dark wool sweater that is very out of place for this rainy, nearly-spring day. But then again, maybe not. I'm also wearing a new bra I bought this weekend. It's a pretty color, but it itches like hell, which is extremely disappointing. Oh well. I'll see if lotion helps.

And... whee. I decided today that I need to quit my job. Hello again, job insecurity. I've missed you. Really. I hope it's not an emotional decision, because those usually don't work out so well. But my sanity, she is suffering most pathetically, which affects everything else in my life, of course.

So therein lies the reason for the relief and dread. Welcome to Monday!

-dizzy :rose:

dizzylia said:
Mood: A strange mix of relief and dread
Music: "Fly Away" by John Denver. Why, I don't know. *peers at iTunes*
Wearing: A gloomy, dark wool sweater that is very out of place for this rainy, nearly-spring day. But then again, maybe not. I'm also wearing a new bra I bought this weekend. It's a pretty color, but it itches like hell, which is extremely disappointing. Oh well. I'll see if lotion helps.

And... whee. I decided today that I need to quit my job. Hello again, job insecurity. I've missed you. Really. I hope it's not an emotional decision, because those usually don't work out so well. But my sanity, she is suffering most pathetically, which affects everything else in my life, of course.

So therein lies the reason for the relief and dread. Welcome to Monday!

-dizzy :rose:

G'morning Dizzy, hope your day comes together for you. :rose:

Good morning all...

The sun is shining and I already have something crossed off my list, so that's not too bad for a Monday is it?

Ahhhh, just got an email from my mom, they are coming not just one day early now, but three, so this Thursday! And we have had a snowstorm with lots of wind and have nowhere ready to park their motorhome.

OMG-there go the thoughts of today proceeding in an orderly fashion.

Deep breath-I bet lots of people wish they could go back in their lives and spend unplanned time with their family. Another deep breath, could still get work done and house ready and, and, and, hmmmm, maybe won't be spending too much time on lit or online next few days....

OK feeling like my strength is gathered and my plan is re-organized-(I am like, totally, lying through my teeth here)....

Onwards and upwards... :cool:

MOOD-Panicked
UNDERS-that would be telling!
MUSIC-The Arrogant Worms-Go to Sleep Little Leech

playwithlezli said:
Good morning all...

The sun is shining and I already have something crossed off my list, so that's not too bad for a Monday is it?

Ahhhh, just got an email from my mom, they are coming not just one day early now, but three, so this Thursday! And we have had a snowstorm with lots of wind and have nowhere ready to park their motorhome.

OMG-there go the thoughts of today proceeding in an orderly fashion.

Deep breath-I bet lots of people wish they could go back in their lives and spend unplanned time with their family. Another deep breath, could still get work done and house ready and, and, and, hmmmm, maybe won't be spending too much time on lit or online next few days....

OK feeling like my strength is gathered and my plan is re-organized-(I am like, totally, lying through my teeth here)....

Onwards and upwards... :cool:

MOOD-Panicked
UNDERS-that would be telling!
MUSIC-The Arrogant Worms-Go to Sleep Little Leech

Morning lezli, you need me to bring my plough over and clear your drive for you? all part of the service... :D

mark197205 said:
G'morning Dizzy, hope your day comes together for you. :rose:
Thank you. It seems to be. :)

As a good friend told me, "At least you have legs. Just think what this would be like without legs."

dizzylia said:
Thank you. It seems to be. :)

As a good friend told me, "At least you have legs. Just think what this would be like without legs."

Good to hear. :rose:

That is so very true, very similar to the statement no matter how bad off you think you are there is always someone who is worse off.

The meaning of Peace

There was once a king who offered a prize to the artist who could paint the best picture of peace. Many artists tried. The king looked at all the pictures, but there were only two that he really liked, and he had to choose between them.

One picture was of a calm lake. The lake was a perfect mirror for the peaceful towering mountains all around it. Overhead was a blue sky with fluffy white clouds. All who saw this picture thought that it was a perfect picture of peace.

The second picture had mountains, too. But these were rugged and bare. Above was an angry sky from which rain fell, and in which lightening played. Down the side of the mountain tumbled a foaming waterfall. This did not look peaceful at all.

But when the king looked, he saw behind the waterfall a tiny bush growing in a crack in the rock. In the bush a mother bird had built her nest.... a perfect picture of peace.

Which of the pictures won the prize?

The king chose the second picture. Do you know why? "Because," explained the king, "peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart."

That is the REAL meaning of peace.

Afternoon and Evening to all

The snow is beautiful, but the ice underneath is a bit trecherous. Was actually surprised that there were only 4 cars in the ditches on the way to work... 3 being SUVs of course... the 'invincible breed'. Yeah, right?!

My software idiot is lucky that he lives 90 miles from my work.... *sigh* I really want to get medieval on his ass. Breathe... just breathe....

Daughter got into her new house. Nearly everything moved before the ice and snow so glad they are settled. Grand daughter loves her new room. She has a 'zoo' area for her giraffes and ladybugs... a princess area for all that pink shit... i mean adorable disney-type trappings....and space for Grammie to finally get her puter hooked up. *grin*

MOOD Ecstatic and pissed off
WEARING: Thermals!
MUSIC: Crazy Train remix... Madonna and Ozzy! Love it! followed by
Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover.... Sophie B. Hawkins... another for the sexy list!

Have an awesome day all! :rose:

Sexiest Song List

Sexiest Song List {updated 1325 hours (GM-6), 3/13/06}

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

Gladys Knight & The Pips - You Are The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me

Divinyls - I Touch Myself

Alanah Myles - Black Velvet

Madonna - Justify My Love

Enigma - Me Culpa

Sade - No Ordinary Love

Roxette - Excited

Craig Davis - Fill Me In

Darren Hayes - Insatiable

KD Lang - Sexuality

Cassie - Me and You

Indigo Girls - Ghost

Jill Scott - I Am Not Afraid

NIN – Closer

KD Lang - Constant Craving

Puccini - Any love-related aria or duet...

Esthero - I Drive Alone

Roberta Flack - The First time Ever I Saw Your Face

LL Cool J – Doin’ It

Meredith Brooks – What Would Happen(If We Kiss)

Madonna - Like A Prayer

Madonna - Where is the party?

Rachel Stevens - Funkydory

Shakira - La Pared

Shakira - Da De Enero

Shania Twain - Man! I feel like a woman

Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover

Stream of conciousness posting

mark197205 said:
Morning lezli, you need me to bring my plough over and clear your drive for you? all part of the service... :D

You are so wonderful! Thank-you :kiss:

(but do you do windows too?)

And arms, it would totally suck to not have arms.

Nice thought Nirvana, thank you :kiss:

Hey Annie, glad everyone got moved ok. I filled in a quiz lately, they asked what my favourite Disney character was-I said I didn't have one, then launched into my diatribe on not properly crediting original sources, inappropriate body types, dark and ugly does not mean "bad person" etc. I do however, like some of the songs.

Hi Sam-I love AbFab, but they don't have it on over here anymore, there was some silly American knock off but it sucked.

Hey Abs, I need some kahlua in my coffee today-any chance of that?

Hugs to Hugo-tag. :)

OK Lunch is over-back to work (crack the whip, or better yet, I saw some little almost whippy thing with like a hundred soft ends, let's crack that instead. I am sure someone around here must know what that is called. Lovely images floating through brain, lalalalla, oops, wait no....must have discipline....must cross things off the list I wrote this morning.....damn, must go take a Tylenol first.....then work....) (Take that Faulkner-crack-or better yet...oh never mind)

sigh....bi for now

Running in hugging everyone in my way :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

P.S. Muffin - Dallas Green is Fabulous!! Thank you for the intro... I need more :cool:

Stream of conciousness posting

mark197205 said:

You are so wonderful! Thank-you :kiss:

(but do you do windows too?)

And arms, it would totally suck to not have arms.

Nice thought Nirvana, thank you :kiss:

Hey Annie, glad everyone got moved ok. I filled in a quiz lately, they asked what my favourite Disney character was-I said I didn't have one, then launched into my diatribe on not properly crediting original sources, inappropriate body types, dark and ugly does not mean "bad person" etc. I do however, like some of the songs.

Hi Sam-I love AbFab, but they don't have it on over here anymore, there was some silly American knock off but it sucked.

Hey Abs, I need some kahlua in my coffee today-any chance of that?

Hugs to Hugo-tag. :)

OK Lunch is over-back to work (crack the whip, or better yet, I saw some little almost whippy thing with like a hundred soft ends, let's crack that instead. I am sure someone around here must know what that is called. Lovely images floating through brain, lalalalla, oops, wait no....must have discipline....must cross things off the list I wrote this morning.....damn, must go take a Tylenol first.....then work....) (Take that Faulkner-crack-or better yet...oh never mind)

sigh....bi for now

stupid pooters

i dont know how to make the second one go away

argghhh

going to my happy place now, thinking happy thoughts, happy thoughts

at least i have legs

and arms

yes happy thoughts

playwithlezli said:
i dont know how to make the second one go away

argghhh

going to my happy place now, thinking happy thoughts, happy thoughts

at least i have legs

and arms

yes happy thoughts
:rose: :rose:

*GRizzly Bear Hugs*
hugo

playwithlezli said:

As far as i'm concerned...the only Disney character worth more than my giggle time is Donald Duck.... Serious temper problems on that fowl... and i Like it... course.... wait...they bought out the Muppets.... i am a huge frog fan so Kermie also has my vote...It ain't easy being Green, ya know?!

Thanks Hugo! :kiss: Always Johnny on the spot!

Evening Nirvana... productive day in corporate duds?

Anniejustagirl said:
As far as i'm concerned...the only Disney character worth more than my giggle time is Donald Duck.... Serious temper problems on that fowl... and i Like it... course.... wait...they bought out the Muppets.... i am a huge frog fan so Kermie also has my vote...It ain't easy being Green, ya know?!

Thanks Hugo! :kiss: Always Johnny on the spot!

Evening Nirvana... productive day in corporate duds?
Always try to please :eek:
*Grizzly Bear Hugs*

Hey Everyone if I missed someone.
*GRizzly Bear Hugs*

Hugo

Good Afternoon/Evening All.
We are going to have a big storm roll through here so I'm about to turn off the computer for the evening. :(

Nirvana said:
Wearing: Something appropriate for the corporate sector
What is it that you do Nirvana?

LzBnLvr said:
Good Afternoon/Evening All.
We are going to have a big storm roll through here so I'm about to turn off the computer for the evening. :(

What is it that you do Nirvana?

Sometimes I am not quite sure myself Sweetheart... but i believe it's called being a writer :cool:

Nirvanadragones said:
Sometimes I am not quite sure myself Sweetheart... but i believe it's called being a writer :cool:

Really...that's cool! You work at home alot, if you have unopened Christmas cards! LOL Do you work for a magazine or something like that?

LzBnLvr said:

Really...that's cool! You work at home alot, if you have unopened Christmas cards! LOL Do you work for a magazine or something like that?

Not quite... sometimes it feels more like I design and develop comic books lol (joke)

Here is what I do (for money) Instructional design

Last edited:
still having pictures dancing though my head

of corporate suit, pencil skirt and blazer, light colour with slightly darker pinstrips, a white blouse, sheer hose, high heels....

and underneath

oh so sexy

garter, stockings, push up bra

oh, shakes head, wait I am not even here, never mind....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back