girls, can you drive a stick?

I know this is for girls but i learned right after i got my license but my current vehicles are autos except an old beater pickup that only hauls.

But my next economy car will have a manual

Hell yes! On the floor or up on the column. :D

Three on the floor; four on the floor; five on the floor...

Six on the floor; eight on the floor; twelve on the floor (trucks).

Three on the column; four on the column; five on the column (bl***dy Italians!)...

Right hand shift; left hand shift.

Three gear levers - early Landrover.

Shift on the dashboard (weird French!)

Preselect gears.

Gearboxes with synchromesh; gearboxes with synchomesh on all except 1st gear; gearboxes with crash gear boxes (double declutching necessary for upward and downward shifts)...

depends on which kind u speak of...hehe.
just kidding, I was taught on a stick. I can drive anything I have tried to drive and well. so, yup, I can drive a stick,

All my cars have been manual, starting with my first, a 1964 Mini, to my latest, a 2011 Suzuki Swift. I learned to drive in my parents Toyota HiAce van (three on the tree), which was friggin' hard when it came to uphill starts. Master that handbrake/clutch thing and... Voila!!! šŸ˜„

The only really difficult thing when you're learning is being stopped on a steep incline. You cannot let it drift backwards and don't want to ride the clutch long so it's a bit nerve wracking for learners. One thing I've never understood is why reverse is not always in the same location. It varies from car to car. Not easy to use a clutch in heels either so those have to come off while driving.

It's easy really. There's lots of hills where I live. Just keep the handbrake on and get to the biting point. At which point you'll feel the car 'lean forward' and then just take the handbrake off and make sure to apply more throttle and slowly release the clutch.

Easy peasy.

It's easy really. There's lots of hills where I live. Just keep the handbrake on and get to the biting point. At which point you'll feel the car 'lean forward' and then just take the handbrake off and make sure to apply more throttle and slowly release the clutch.

Easy peasy.

You should see how accomplished I am with a stick....... :devil:

Back