girls, can you drive a stick?

Learning with manual ( or else I'd have to retake the exam if I learnt on auto )

I did wonder if this was a Hogwart's thread :)

Hahaha

You Americans, constantly needing to have your arses wiped for you!

Both of my parents' cars were stick shift, so if a I wanted to borrow a car when I was 16, 17 years old, I had to learn! I lived in a smaller town, and I would go out late at night and practice shifting, especially on the hills when there was no traffic!

hmmm

From my observations, there are MANY girls that drive my stick wild. Oh, wait. . . .

I can. Prefer it really. It's not easy anymore to find cars that aren't automatic. My dad taught me on his truck and at the time it was all I could do to see out the front and reach the pedals.

It's the other way around here in South Africa, while automatics are available, they have never been very popular, and are mainly driven by old men and a few younger ladies. I am 56 and have driven automatics, but have never owned one. Maybe when I reach 80. :)

I've never met a gal ( or a guy for that matter) that I wouldn't let drive my stick.

Mrs Dirt is very capable of driving a stick. Be it car, truck, tractor, or my own stick. She was a farm girl growing up and that was just one of the things she had to learn.

When we were first married she had a Mustang with a 4 speed. She traded it when she was pregnant with son #1. Decided a 4 door with automatic was going to be easier to deal with when the baby arrived than a 4 speed/2 door.

My wife refused to learn to drive a stick, her father owned a trucking company and she figured if she could drive a stick she'd find herself as a cross country driver.

She started as a child taking the truck mileage reading weekly, kept doing that and learned to check the oil etc. until she says by the time her father sold the company she had done almost every job except drive a truck.

I was just starting to learn how to drive a stick when my parents sold that car. I haven't met anyone with a stick shift since, so I had no opportunities to really learn. I'll happily trade manual favors if I ever meet anyone local with a stick.

My dad had a classic muscle car when I was in high school and while it wasn't a stick, I had ridiculous amounts of fun driving and parking in that car. It was boy bait for sure.

I always buy manual transmission cars. To me, it's real driving. I will also say that guys who can't drive a manual transmission vehicle seem to shrivel a bit when they find out that I can.

A boyfriend had an old truck with the stick on the floor. I would sit close to him stradling the stick and shift for him. Once he asked what I was thinking about, I was a little puzzeled and asked why ? He just grinned and said I hope you stroke me later like your stroking the stick! :eek:
:cattail:

I know how to drive a stick, it's helluva fun but I always get scared when I have to make a complete stop going up hill.

I'm proud to say I can drive a stick shift my dad was always eager to teach me now it would be interesting trying an automatic one

I learned on a stick, a Comet. Drove it until it had some serious expensive issues. I bought a new Blue Volkswagen bug, loved that car. Anyway wife didn't drive a stick shift so necessary to teach her. Brand new car, what a trip. In fact, she drove an automatic with two feet, ie she used the left foot to brake and the right foot to accelerate, thank god not at the same time. I probably ( I know ) was a jerk, my military father taught me and that was the worse experience of my life. I passed that on to my lovely wife, I apologize.

Back