Everything Baseball

Spring Training is kicking off soon. As a long time Dodgers fan I'm excited to see what this season has in store. Anything less than a world series win would be a huge let down to me.
A longtime Tigers fan, I sure hope all their young players develop into making the playoffs this year. It has been a long drought for Tiger fans.

BTW - what is up with Amazon Prime and Bally Sports?

A longtime Tigers fan, I sure hope all their young players develop into making the playoffs this year. It has been a long drought for Tiger fans.

BTW - what is up with Amazon Prime and Bally Sports?
As a White Sox fan, I’m beyond jealous of you Tiger fans. You guys snared the best play-by-play guy in the business this offseason when you took Jason Benetti from the White Sox. In addition to being great at play-by-play, the man is absolutely hilarious. You’re going to enjoy your baseball broadcasts a lot more this year. For my lowly White Sox, Benetti and Steve Stone were the only reasons to watch that lousy team last year, because as bad as the baseball was, the broadcasts were always entertaining.

Well, the Cardinals won one, lost one. Hopefully not a recipe for season success.

The Royals won too

As an expos fan, I think we’ll have an undefeated record.

There are some rumblings that Montreal may be awarded an expansion franchise. or that maybe the rays may go there…

I’m not a Mets fan, but I play one on tv.

Ohtani homers in his spring training debut. Hope the guy stays healthy and replicates what he did last year with the Dodgers.

For first time in ages I dont think Rays have enough to compete but they will probably prove me wrong.

For first time in ages I dont think Rays have enough to compete but they will probably prove me wrong.
I don’t know if I’d ever feel comfortable betting against the Rays, because they have such a history of making the most out of limited resources. Other teams (I’m looking at the White Sox) should be so effective.

Chapman to the Giants.
Now where does Boras’ next target land.
I need Snell news to drop, I still feel like Monty will go back to Texas?

Thoughts? Crazy to me that Snell still doesn’t have a team.

Chapman to the Giants.

It seems like there are so many teams crying poor mouth due to the collapse of regional sports networks that they’re hiding behind that as a reason not to spend. Bellinger just went back to the Cubs on a very friendly deal, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Snell twists in the wind a little longer until another big market team signs him at a discounted price. I also wouldn’t be surprised if his deal was similar to Bellinger’s with the player opt out structure after each year.

Chapman to the Giants.

I would say Yankees but Orioles would not surprise me

It seems like there are so many teams crying poor mouth due to the collapse of regional sports networks that they’re hiding behind that as a reason not to spend. Bellinger just went back to the Cubs on a very friendly deal, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Snell twists in the wind a little longer until another big market team signs him at a discounted price. I also wouldn’t be surprised if his deal was similar to Bellinger’s with the player opt out structure after each year.
Very true!
Even Chapman has two opt outs for the 3 year contract.

Very true!
Even Chapman has two opt outs for the 3 year contract.
Boras has such a solid relationship with Jed Hoyer that it wouldn’t completely shock me if Boras ends up working out a deal between Snell and the Cubs.

I grew up living a very nomadic lifestyle early on so never had a hometown team to root for. I kinda latched on to the New York Yankees. Will this be year the Yankees go for #28?

I grew up living a very nomadic lifestyle early on so never had a hometown team to root for. I kinda latched on to the New York Yankees. Will this be year the Yankees go for #28?
They’re going to be in the mix for it. I can assure you that the White Sox won’t stand in their way….or anyone else’s…..again. 😐

They’re going to be in the mix for it. I can assure you that the White Sox won’t stand in their way….or anyone else’s…..again. 😐

I like the Sox too. I try to catch a game whenever I'm in Chicago in the summertime . I remember watching a game at the old Comiskey Park sometime in the late 80s? I know it was a year or two before the last game was played there. Been a while since they won one. I remember that 05' season when they swept the Astros in the world series. I always got a kick outta Ozzie Guillen. I don't think the stuff he said back then would fly today lol.

Back