Dom/sub names

Jale321

Virgin
My dom and I are new to this community and new to BDSM. We want to learn as much as we can, and we have been doing a lot of research, but we are stuck on the Dom/sub names. Anyone with helpful tips on how to find our D/s names?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks 😊

My dom and I are new to this community and new to BDSM. We want to learn as much as we can, and we have been doing a lot of research, but we are stuck on the Dom/sub names. Anyone with helpful tips on how to find our D/s names?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks 😊
What do you exactly mean with D/s names?

If you mean terms to call each other, you can pick anything that you feel reflects your relationship, what gets your rocks off and/or what comes naturally.

Some people are really into having a special name or a title to call their partner, but for myself they’ve always been either jokey nickname types that naturally came about or just real names.

If special D/s titles aren’t your thing, you don’t have to try to find one. If you absolutely feel like you want to find one, maybe just explore together and see where you end up and if you might find suitable titles along the journey. ☺️

Welcome to Lit!

I call my wife Miss Conduct. She got fired for misconduct once for the dumbest reason and the name stuck. Now she’s her own boss and mine too.

She calls me Slave, which turns me on. But mostly it’s done in a playful way.

What sort of relationship is yours? Online or in person? Because for me these are different. Also, are you looking for names that will be used only during playtime or in regular conversations as well?

I know that in real life I can't (and don't want to) think much during play, so "Sir" is my go to term. Maybe a "Daddy" for the right person, but I haven't been there yet. Outside of play with the same person I very rarely use these. Maybe when flirting, but definitely not when just chatting about life in general.

Online it is basically anything he wants me to use. In big part because he can't see the sarcastic smile when I type "Yes, Master" 🤣

As for what I am called - I really don't care. It is so much more about the tone of the voice and the intension rather than the actual words. The only exception is mispronouncing my name. Not intensionally, it's just that some sounds don't exist in English,but that for some reason is a no go and kills the mood in a hurry.

There are words that I particularly like, but I don't want them to become meaningless nicknames. They mean to me exactly what the dictionary says they mean, making them into the American use of "darling" would be a shame.

I used to call my Wife the admiral. But that cause I was in the Navy. But usually it’s Ma’am.

It all depends on the dynamic. I never been one that needs honorifics to reenforce and remind anyone of my position in the D/s relationship. I typically just enjoy being called by my first name. When my submissive does something good I refer to her as my "good girl" and I reserve that nickname only for praise. Most of the time I refer to my current submissive by her first name. I refer to her as "my good slut" and "my good whore" when we are engaged in D/s play. The aforementioned names came about since my submissive would always say she was "my good whore" and "my good slut" during our D/s sessions. She enjoys the nicknames and that fact that they signify ownership. I have always found that the nicknames tend to choose themselves after the dynamic is established.

It all depends on the dynamic. I never been one that needs honorifics to reenforce and remind anyone of my position in the D/s relationship. I typically just enjoy being called by my first name. When my submissive does something good I refer to her as my "good girl" and I reserve that nickname only for praise. Most of the time I refer to my current submissive by her first name. I refer to her as "my good slut" and "my good whore" when we are engaged in D/s play. The aforementioned names came about since my submissive would always say she was "my good whore" and "my good slut" during our D/s sessions. She enjoys the nicknames and that fact that they signify ownership. I have always found that the nicknames tend to choose themselves after the dynamic is established.
I like the idea of using honorifics not to reinforce the power dynamic but to show respect to my Dom. Sounds similar but feels so different, I know he's in control but I want him to know I feel that and respect it.

My husband calls me "Ma fille" *My girl* or "Bonne fille" *Good girl* sometimes. He *LD Dom*calls me his fuck doll 🫦🔥

I call the woman I serve “Miss,” followed by her actual first name. She usually just calls me “slave” though from time to time, especially if she is really talking down to me, she’ll call me “bitch.”

I’ve always preferred calling him Sir. I don’t necessarily need a name but I do like hearing “good girl”. It’s different for every couple though, and sometimes is just as easy as whatever comes naturally.

I call her Mistress or Madame. She calls me slut, whore, toy, bitch, cunt, or whatever she wants. I love it, especially when she whispers it in my ear.

While lacking any formal sub/dom relationship. I know many of the online ones I've done, master was commonly requested. There was one case where they would actually have me punish myself every time I forgot to capitalize master, which made it much more personal and actually incredibly hot.
I'm a fan of degrading names, so a few that I know well have been bitch, mutt, pet, slut, whore, slave, etc.

It's really all down to personal preference. I prefer Miss or Mistress for her. I'm not personally into degradation, so I always make it clear that calling me slut/bitch/whore/etc. is one of my hard limits. I'm ok with pet or toy as they don't have the same ugly connotation (to me).

ETA - I have recently discovered that I do not mind slut/bitch/whore from a woman. It only gives me the ick when a man says it.

Last edited:
She has become Sir when we are playing (after a few hours of orgasm denial, I was permitted and it came flying out of my mouth & she likes it), but I will sometimes refer to her as my Domina, which she is okay with to make clear she’s a woman.

Back