Does a dom need sub experience?

I wish I had more sub experience, one because I think it would be a lot of fun to be on the other side, but yes to get a better understanding of what the sub is experiencing.

Some things I've tried on myself to understand, like nipple clamps or wax play. But I've never had the experience of being taken down into the mental aspect of submission. Maybe I can't, but I'd be interested in trying to get there.
Well, I tried but it did not work at all…. That is what you mentioned with mental aspect of submission. And things likenpiss are really groce….

The first Mistress I served - I was her first sub, as she had previously subbed only. I should add the word "online", however she herself had served in real life. I think her experience as a sub helped her to Domme me.

I find I'm a lot more trusting with a dom who's had some experience as a sub - or at the very least they hold an empathetic understanding of the experience they're partaking in with their sub... it makes me more confident in putting my trust in them. When I'm exercising my dominance I don't like to dole out what I haven't recieved myself - it makes me feel more confident in dom space that way.

For example, more sensory and impact play: do they know what a paddle feels like compared to a cane, or a hand spank? Do they know what a violet wand feels like? What hot wax feels like?
Do they know what a little butt pluggin' feels like? But it's also like, I don't think you HAVE to be fisted before you fist someone. You don't HAVE to know what it feels like to be elaborately tied up (you just have to know how to do it safely!).
I don't think it's absolutely necessary to experience subbing before domming, you just have to make sure you're communicating honestly and openly with whoever you're playing with, and respect one another's limits.

Back