Do you get naked during a massage?

MikeLucas

Really Experienced
Interesting question I was talking to a fellow lit’r about.

Do you get naked for a massage? I have always kept my boxers on during a legit massage and have been naked (obviously) for non legitimate ones.

You? Why/why not?

I always am totally nude for my massages. When I was looking for a massage therapist, my first question was "can I be totally nude with no drapes or covers while I'm being massaged?".
Most replied "yes, if that's what I wanted" and none of them provided a "happy ending" until much later and only after several visits and it was more along the lines of a total body massage than a happy ending.

Same as ingenue. I don't go for sexual purposes. But one therapist. I keep my clothes on. (sports type only)
Others I have just kept underwear on.
Doesn't matter to me either way.

Legit, I wore my tighty-whities until I got comfortable with my therapist, then stripped down. I‘m there for PT work not sex. We have used three over a 25yr period. My newest (started going back in Oct) I just jumped in naked to start. She’s hippy-dippy so she didn’t give a damn.

It has been my experience that if you keep the shorts on, that’s a signal for most therapists to stay away from glutes and thighs. When I’ve stripped down to birthday suit, they‘ll go a little deeper on those areas.

If they’re professional, they’ll respect the boundaries.

I'm not totally nude. Though I have not had a massage in a long while now as its an expense that gets cut out at times. Working on tight spots is great ... but what I really like? The hand massage part ... omg that feels sooooo good.

Totally nude. That is what the sheet is there for. The glutes can not be properly worked with underwear on.

For a "professional" stress relief massage, I wear my bra and panties, usually plain cotton full briefs. I do undo my bra, but keep the cups in place. After a few visits to the same guy, I do remove my bra completely but remain face down. I'll also wear something skimpier below, on occasion, a thong.
I have had massages on holiday where I have been completely naked from the start.
I find both situations to be wonderful experiences, very enjoyable but clearly for different reasons.

I prefer totally nude with minimum draping (ligit or not). My current practitioner, a gay male, accepts my being nude with no draping – no “extras” offered or expected on my part. Over the years I’ve had male and female practitioners with every variation of draping.

I always thought you were supposed to keep bottom underwear on? I think the first couple of massages i got in my life, i asked and was told to take everything off except panties so thats what ive been doing.

Same as ingenue. I don't go for sexual purposes. But one therapist. I keep my clothes on. (sports type only)
Others I have just kept underwear on.
Doesn't matter to me either way.
Same. I am not going with those intentions or thoughts in my mind. The masseuse I go to is a friends husband as well so I am very conscious of what I wear

I just booked a therapy massage for Friday. My hip and glute are a total mess. The gentleman who i normally would have seen is booked, so i booked with the new lady.
Hip. Glute. Should i ask her what state of undress she needs me in? Or assume naked? Whats the protocol?

I just booked a therapy massage for Friday. My hip and glute are a total mess. The gentleman who i normally would have seen is booked, so i booked with the new lady.
Hip. Glute. Should i ask her what state of undress she needs me in? Or assume naked? Whats the protocol?
They will tell you what they want. I'd suggest going in something sports related in case they want you to stay dressed. Sweats or something and thin shirt.

My last massage in Jamaica. I was totally nude under the towel (I'm a nudist as well). She got very close, but was still very professional and respectful.

Interesting question I was talking to a fellow lit’r about.

Do you get naked for a massage? I have always kept my boxers on during a legit massage and have been naked (obviously) for non legitimate ones.

You? Why/why not?
Have had two professional massages at very nice spas and was naked for each of those. Obviously I was covered during the massages but didn’t wear anything under the sheets.

Their policy was dress down as much as you feel comfortable. For me, I wanted to be naked.

I have issues with my hips after surgery. In order to get a good glut massage, it is necessary to go naked. I didn't at first and couldn't understand why the therapists wouldn't work on my gluts despite my asking. Finally, one of them told me that if I was keeping underwear on, I was sending the message that, despite what I said, I DIDN'T want my gluts worked on. After that, I have always been sans clothing

Erotic responses are not an issue for me since I never have them during a massage (or these days, any time)

I have issues with my hips after surgery. In order to get a good glut massage, it is necessary to go naked. I didn't at first and couldn't understand why the therapists wouldn't work on my gluts despite my asking. Finally, one of them told me that if I was keeping underwear on, I was sending the message that, despite what I said, I DIDN'T want my gluts worked on. After that, I have always been sans clothing

Erotic responses are not an issue for me since I never have them during a massage (or these days, any time)
I could see how that would be the case.

At a professional massage, especially at a nicer place, there seems to be an understanding that it will indeed be “professional”. Being naked under the sheets should feel comfortable because nothing is going to happen sexually.

That said, they always tell you to dress however you feel most comfortable. The idea is that you should be relaxed, and that isn’t going to happen if you are worried about what you aren’t wearing.

Professional massage I go by their rules, all others if not naked to start it usually ends up that way for ease of getting to those muscles that need it the most.

Professional massage I go by their rules, all others if not naked to start it usually ends up that way for ease of getting to those muscles that need it the most.
Yeah the circumstances matter.

If this is a lover giving a massage....of course I am naked. That is the whole point

If it is a physical therapy situation...whatever is best for the treatment. They may need to put cremes on to help the muscles and need skin contact.

If this is that 15 minute "while you shop" massage....I think the manager of Costco is going to have some issues with me being naked in their massage chair.

Last edited:
Back