Confidence Boost (thanks to erotica)

darkride

Really Experienced
Hello,

I'm in my mid 40s. I was first published (several short stories) in my late teens. Studied writing at university. Produced several pieces whilst there that my lecturers said were of publishable quality. Then life got in the way... and my confidence in my writing abilities died away.

Over the past 10+ years all I have really written is a handful of fanfic shorts, and more recently, erotica. Whilst I have enjoyed writing these pieces, neither of them are ever going to achieve my desire to be able to give up my day job (or at least, find a part time job instead) and financially support myself with my writing. You can't sell a fanfic (short of getting it published in an authorised compendium), and Mills and Boon aren't really my ideal publishing choice when it comes to erotica. (I know - that statement is a little short sighted... let me have this one.)

That said however - the erotica that I have been writing and publishing here (and at SexStories.com) has generally received quite positive feedback - which is to say - of those who take the time to rank my writing, it's consistently a 4/5 star grade. My writing in general tends to be complimented, even if the subject matter is not to people's tastes.

Just seeing that consistency has inspired me to start writing a new piece that I've been dreaming up for a while, that I'd estimate will be of a short-novel length - around 120,000 words. If I can get it written down, and pop it on something like iBooks etc (does iBooks still exist!?), and I get 4/5 stars for it... maybe my dream of writing my dreams and getting paid for it may come true...

Thanks

darkride

Lol

Check my thread on - oh wait my Maladaptive Daydreaming thread wouldn't post…

---

Ahh got it to post now.

Last edited:
Back