What kind of erotica turns you on? Are your tastes broad or narrow?

AG31

Literotica Guru
I'm talking about getting you in the neighborhood of physical arousal.

I'm not talking about erotica that you may like to write, or to read for it's literary value. A number of folks here take pride in writing a story "in every category." Is it fair to assume that not all of those stories actually turn them on?

My tastes are quite narrow, and I'm wondering how many, if any, people are like me in that regard.

Here's what turns me on: "A strong man surrenders with dignity to sexual abuse." I'm not asking if this specific thing turns you on. Just asking what your tastes are and whether they cover a wide or narrow spectrum.

TIA
AG

Last edited:
My tastes are also quite narrow. I'm not into incest, but I like the sort of taboo-adjacent - non-sexual relationships being pushed into the sexual. Usually with an exhibitionism element, usually with one man and multiple women, often with some CFNM.

Compared to the range of your interests, mine are broad. That said, I prefer it when the sex comes in the context of a relationship.

I like anything that features dominant men. I specifically enjoy the contrast between a bigger dominant man and a smaller submissive man or woman. I love stories that feature verbal domination, dirty details and degrading acts, but only in a horny scenario. I also specifically enjoy characters with an average IQ or lower. Intelligence turns me off a little.

I also specifically enjoy characters with an average IQ or lower. Intelligence turns me off a little.
That is so interesting. I feel shocked, like you've confessed to something taboo, but I have no idea why I feel that way. Why shouldn't you be into average or dumb people? I'm into inanimate objects.

Thank you for giving me something to think about.

I have several interlinked likes- weight gain, smoking, drunk and urination. However I tend to move between them. Sometimes one enthuses me more than the other. Some weeks, nothing.

A seductive, subtle Femdom, regardless if the submissive role is one of a man or a woman. I don't like latex and whips and similar stuff at all. I like my Femdom psychological as much as physical, but always seductive and elegant. I also dislike when the story starts with an already formed Femdom relationship. I prefer it when there is a slow and "believable" transition through seduction and mindgames.

I'll read about pretty much any physical act and it won't necessarily put me off a story, though I'll certainly skim past certain fetishes!

I want characters who think about and want sex, and are capable of interesting dialogue, even if they're too repressed to say much of it out loud. Got to have some basic respect for each other, even if part of the story is to switch off acting like that, for a while.

So I tend to find individual authors entertaining no matter what they write about, and can be totally put off by someone else telling the same story in their own words.

What I like is pretty much what I write... usually people who have an attraction to each other from the start, and gradually realize that the feeling is mutual, and they start to explore that new part of their relationship.

That is so interesting. I feel shocked, like you've confessed to something taboo, but I have no idea why I feel that way. Why shouldn't you be into average or dumb people? I'm into inanimate objects.

Thank you for giving me something to think about.
I'm into intelligent people too, but not in the context of erotica. I think a brainy character is too serious or too self-aware for my taste.

Just asking what your tastes are and whether the cover a wide or narrow spectrum.
My tastes are broad, but limited, if that makes sense. I'll try to explain. And don't take the terminology I use as some kind of judgement or insult.

There's layers in this genre. For one, there's what I'll call the "relationship" layer. It's focus is on how two or more people interact mentally and emotionally. Even if it is a one night stand, or a nameless quickie, it is all about what's going on in the peoples' heads.

Then there is what I'll call the "fetish" layer, where the focus is on specific acts, where that is the primary draw. Fetishes and more out there things can be in the "relationship" layer, but they're not the focus. And "relationship" stuff can and does feature in many things in the "fetish" layer, and in the categories that make it up.

Then there's what I'll call the "extreme" layer. Stuff that is really out there, including stuff that is gross, ruthlessly humiliating or painful, and/or illegal. No more needs to be said, and that is not really done here on Lit.

My tastes are firmly in the first layer, but broadly across it. From public nudity and public sex to group sex to private missionary in bed. Girl/girl, CFNM/CMNF, reluctance/obligatory. I like it all. I don't mind the occasional anal or light bondage/domination (preferably more playful than serious), or even a GM scene, so long as it is incidental and the people are the focus of the story as a whole, not the acts.

An example of the difference for, say, a group scene, might be an anonymous orgy at a sex club vs a bunch of friends/acquaintances playing strip poker that gets out of hand and evolves into an orgy. I have basically zero interest in the former, but love the latter.

So I avoid categories like fetish, incest (aside from writers I already like), NC/R, anal, etc, but do see them in other categories and often enjoy them. I stick to E&V (which is arguably a fetish), First Time, Romance, Mature, sometimes EC and Group. Though I have written and will write somewhat more broadly, category wise.

I am certainly a strong femdom fetishist. But I like my Dommes classy and sophisticated in everything from their looks to their actions. Certainly more of a 21st century humiliatrix than a 20th century dominatrix kind of guy. Anything taboo also adds the arousal. Your own wife as cuckoldress Domme. The forbidden wife of another as keyholder Domme. Your own wicked 1st degree kinswoman as tease and denying Domme. All stuff I write about.

Last edited:
My tastes are broad. I'm attracted to the general concepts of fetish, kink, taboo, sexual activity as a form of pushing boundaries, being transgressive, liberation. So if somebody can adroitly write a story that addresses something, even something I don't normally find "erotic," in one of these ways, then I might get turned on by it. For me the "how" is often an even bigger component of whether I'm turned on by it than the "what."

First and foremost, the story has to be well-written. I'm not a fan of serious pain stories; I tend more toward D&s. In fact, I wish there was a D&s category here. The usual suspects get my thumbs down. Kiddie stuff is a no-go, as are animals and blood. By the way, this is a great question. I do post stories here in the Romance section. For this reason, that category gives me a wide range of different avenues to run along.

It has to be something I can relate to. Preferably female POV, and with plausible display of emotions from the female characters.

It's not that I have a problem with 1st person male narration, but statistically these stories tend to completely disregard women's pleasure and emotions, which is a shame because even in stories of extreme submission, exploring how the woman feels about it can be incredibly hot.

As far as kinks go, I mostly like transgressive things that I would never do IRL like anonymous group sex, incest or infidelity. I'm also always on the lookout for stories where a woman is both sexually submissive and socially dominant, but there's not a lot of those to go around!

My main turn off is exploitation and shaming. A lot of stories disintegrate into that sooner or later and that’s usually when I give them up. I like to read about erotica where the participants enjoy themselves without demeaning each other. Yes, there are stories where it’s necessary but I don’t enjoy reading those.

I'm also always on the lookout for stories where a woman is both sexually submissive and socially dominant,
Try A Demon's Devotion and Vox Dominus by mesmerciless. The first is high school queen bee as a bratty sub (ish) for a some kind of demon posing as a human geek. The second has a rich college sorority girl trying to tempt a poorer, nerdier student into hypnotizing her into ecstatic slavery as a way to escape her social obligations.

My tastes are broad, but limited, if that makes sense. I'll try to explain. And don't take the terminology I use as some kind of judgement or insult.

There's layers in this genre. For one, there's what I'll call the "relationship" layer. It's focus is on how two or more people interact mentally and emotionally. Even if it is a one night stand, or a nameless quickie, it is all about what's going on in the peoples' heads.
My tastes are firmly in the first layer, but broadly across it. From public nudity and public sex to group sex to private missionary in bed. Girl/girl, CFNM/CMNF, reluctance/obligatory. I like it all. I don't mind the occasional anal or light bondage/domination (preferably more playful than serious), or even a GM scene, so long as it is incidental and the people are the focus of the story as a whole, not the acts.

This is roughly where I am, too. I'm interested in the interpersonal, and I'll read just about anything if it handles that well.

What kind of erotica turns you on? Are your tastes broad or narrow?​

The stuff I mostly write about. I used the 750 word stories to try some categories that I probably didn’t have the appetite to write anything longer in, but my core kinks are:

1. Lesbian
  2. Consensual BDSM (more just restrained sex and impact play to be honest) - lesbian and hetero
  3. Group sex (with one FMC - and overlapping with #2)
  4. Anal - lesbian and hetero
  5. Clothing - latex, leather, PVC, regular lingerie, uniform
  6. Toys - solo and administered by others (see also #2)
@EStaccato reawakened my latent interest in lesbian water sports.

@Djmac1031 got me interested in at least writing E/V, but that’s not an IRL or reading kink (beyond his stories).

Not much difference between writing and historical IRL, but I’m much more vanilla nowadays IRL.

Emily

Maybe other-ethnic (black, Asian, Hispanic, whatever) large, muscular, dominant men cornering smaller, younger, submissives for use.

Kind of narrow, I like Female Led Relationships, CFNM, realistic cuckolding where the woman calls the shots, men being objectified in some way by women in a CFNM scenario which could include BDSM/Femdom.

I'm talking about getting you in the neighborhood of physical arousal.

I'm not talking about erotica that you may like to write, or to read for it's literary value. A number of folks here take pride in writing a story "in every category." Is it fair to assume that not all of those stories actually turn them on?

My tastes are quite narrow, and I'm wondering how many, if any, people are like me in that regard.

Here's what turns me on: "A strong man surrenders with dignity to sexual abuse." I'm not asking if this specific thing turns you on. Just asking what your tastes are and whether they cover a wide or narrow spectrum.

TIA
AG
I don't write for arousal.
I write because I enjoy the process.
Arousal is not physical. It's mental. It may manifest itself in physical ways, but without the mind. The body is a dead pile of flesh.

Cagivagurl

Back