Chyoo is great..why doesn't it get updated?

I think that while it has been abandoned for years, chyoo is a scraper, and a damn struggler, a street urchin, an onion kid, what I saying is in seven years it has yet to die, it may be saggy round the waist and get off the couch for jog now and again, but he ain't dead yet.

PS Choose your own adventure gives me a headache so I'll stick with chyoo as long as you others will. I'll the be the last man standing before I leave.:D Viva la Chyoo!

Oh, I'm not going anywhere, but I worry when good stories like Population Crisis just vanish.

I'm not going anywhere either....I'm just lurking in the background for now.

Ok I'm slowly losing hope.

Because CHYOO 2 (the current CHYOO) is written in straight HTML, generated with CGI.

The replacement someone (horny-oz?) wrote a few years ago, when there were no moderators, and no one was approving new stories, was written in PHP. That code we don't have.
The irony here is that we don't need that old code, as there're many people actually working for literotica development, and they can easily start from scratch.
At least I assume so, looking at the latest updates. :\

Also starting a new "chyoo 3" elsewhere is counterproductive IMO, as we would lose all the current stories and would't be able to initially take advantage of the actual big and productive literotica community.

Last edited:
If CHYOO remains an abandoned warehouse, there's always this site. It's currently under development and the guy who runs it could use all the help he could get.

I'd like it if CHYOO had better moderation. Too many stories have horrible writing and they're just painful to read.

I vote the masters of chyoo feel free to get ads (so long as they don't bog down the browser)

But what do people really want to change (I:heart:Chyoo)? Until you asked for an update I hadn't really thought about it.

Here are some thing that would be nice I guess. (but do we really need anything new)

1.) Searches within genres?
2.) Check
3.) Sub genres? (do werewolved, tentacle demons, and aliens really need to be 4)together, lol)
4.) Pretty colors?
5.) A spell check?
6.) Let stories have a multiple genres?
7.) Add a swf. section?
8.) Let stories tell you they are dead (say like when no thread has been approved in year)? okay, this I would love.
9.) Someone to fix problems? I mean what the hell is up with hinata's curse?

PS Nilth they said you were one but I could pm you just wonder what your works on chyoo were?

i totally agree with u thanks for sharing. :):):)

I found something!!

chyoo.com
Owner: ******* Media It's meant to say s u n l a n e without the spaces...interesting how they censor their name.

Street: PO Box 231789

City: Encinitas

State: CA

Phone: +1 973 273 5870, Fax: +1 973 273 5870

Email: directnic@*******.com

It's the 100,000-dollar Q you'd have to pay them far more than that to honestly answer. It's like the step-relative of Literotica, so they don't feel it deserves more than it gets.

That's unfortuante...Chyoo.com seems like a great idea but it needs some TLC.

Ok it seems obvious to me chyoo can be considered completely abandoned and without future.
So...maybe someone won't like what I'm about to say, but why don't we move somewhere else?
And with "we" I mean also the actual chyoo stories, so that when they finally decide to shut down it they will not get lost (the best ones, not all o them).

And I meant this:

If CHYOO remains an abandoned warehouse, there's always this site. It's currently under development and the guy who runs it could use all the help he could get.

I don't know if it is ready yet, but at least this has an actual development going on. :\

Last edited:
Ok it seems obvious to me chyoo can be considered completely abandoned and without future.
So...maybe someone won't like what I'm about to say, but why don't we move somewhere else?
And with "we" I mean also the actual chyoo stories, so that when they finally decide to shut down it they will not get lost (the best ones, not all o them).

And I meant this:

I don't know if it is ready yet, but at least this has an actual development going on. :\

And who decides on which stories are the best ones? How do you calculate "best" in a medium that is so objective and down to personal taste?

As mammoth as the task is I think it'd have to be all or nothing.

It's my thought that the situation is a sort of dopuble-edged sword.

Many of us have ideas on what things could improve the place/how to improve it. The problem there is that to do them, we'd have to become staff, & until the changes take effect, we can expect to get some of the blame for the still-current problems.
What?? XD

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but to my understanding:

1) No one "become staff". We don't even know who is NOT working on i, tbh.
2) Based on the answers in this same thread chyoo have not been updated for years and years.

And who decides on which stories are the best ones? How do you calculate "best" in a medium that is so objective and down to personal taste?

As mammoth as the task is I think it'd have to be all or nothing.
No.

I meant manually copy the longest stories (and with most "paths"), giving chyoo and its autors the credit (ie in the first post). To various ends:

1) Not losing those stories.
2) Starting to fill the new site.

And anyway nothing prevent you to "repost" one of your favourite stories. :)

PS: anyone has info on cyoea development stage?

Last edited:

Nope.

And if you are thinking of moving elsewhere...I'd suggest you find a place that has an active dev and the site has obvious signs of activity. Maybe that's just me.

I'm not against setting up a Chyoo-style service if there is demand for it. It just may take me awhile. I was honestly debating about it when I signed up for this account. :p

If other people agree, we'll see. I'm kinda hesitant about linking to my site from Literotica since I'm not 100% certain of the etiquette/rules here. :p

What?? XD

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but to my understanding:

1) No one "become staff". We don't even know who is NOT working on i, tbh.
2) Based on the answers in this same thread chyoo have not been updated for years and years.

No.

I meant manually copy the longest stories (and with most "paths"), giving chyoo and its autors the credit (ie in the first post). To various ends:

1) Not losing those stories.
2) Starting to fill the new site.

And anyway nothing prevent you to "repost" one of your favourite stories. :)

And what about those who do not have time/resources/knowledge to do it them selves?

At any rate just because a story has lots of threads doesn't necessarily mean it's one of the best stories. What I'm basically trying to say is, if you're going to provide a service (in this case carrying over stories from chyoo to the new place) you can't just go, "Well these ones are great lets moves these and forget about the rest" it's not fair on all the authors of all the other stories. Think of it like moving house, you'd be mighty pissed off if the removal men only moved the expensive stuff and left all the big bulky or treasured stuff behind.

And what about those who do not have time/resources/knowledge to do it them selves?

At any rate just because a story has lots of threads doesn't necessarily mean it's one of the best stories. What I'm basically trying to say is, if you're going to provide a service (in this case carrying over stories from chyoo to the new place) you can't just go, "Well these ones are great lets moves these and forget about the rest" it's not fair on all the authors of all the other stories. Think of it like moving house, you'd be mighty pissed off if the removal men only moved the expensive stuff and left all the big bulky or treasured stuff behind.

QFT...best to move every completed story.

We could always create our own site that uses software like MediaWiki, so that stories can be edited easily. We could avoid the problems usually associated with custom-made code. Plus the fact that anybody can edit it eliminates the problem of idiots like $ajin who show up and write pure retardation.

I don't see why we don't change that now; It's obvious those that became staff (however many years ago it happened) haven't done their jobs in quite some time.

Are you talking about the moderators or the people that own chyoo?

We could always create our own site that uses software like MediaWiki, so that stories can be edited easily. We could avoid the problems usually associated with custom-made code. Plus the fact that anybody can edit it eliminates the problem of idiots like $ajin who show up and write pure retardation.

The problem with things like MediaWiki is...they aren't the easiest to work with if you want to do anything cool (like pick the character names).

I'd be questioning considering anyone staff that does this little work.

Interesting.

As a moderator, I could see how you might think of us as staff, but since we are volunteers with very little power, I fail to see why you think we have any more control over this situation than anyone but the owners.

As a moderator, the only powers I have been granted are to approve stories, to respond to thread reports (that link at the bottom of the page labeled 'Report Thread'), to banish users, and to give stale stories to new editors. I do some of those every week.

We have no control over the code that runs the site. We can't access the database.

So, we do so little work because we can only do so few things.

Back