Cat Person, Dog Person, or Other Person?

At this moment, the dog is resting his head on my lap (a big guy - 80#!) and I need to put the computer down and get up. But I don’t want to interrupt his dreaming, running and softly woofing in his sleep.

At this moment, the dog is resting his head on my lap (a big guy - 80#!) and I need to put the computer down and get up. But I don’t want to interrupt his dreaming, running and softly woofing in his sleep.
I love it when they dream like that. Used to happen more often with our dogs but one of the cats does it very occasionally.

I'm more of a dog person but both of my wives were/are cat women. So guess what kind of pet I have had during my married years. LOL Cats can be okay since they are a little more independent and we can go away for a couple of days and leave them at home.

A couple of posters have worked it out that I don't like cats, cats of any description feral or pets. Some context: I live on a property of about 130,000 acres of mainly semi desert scrub, rocks and low hills. We and all our neighbours have a constant battle with feral animals by far the worst of which in this area are cats. We cannot ask a vet to deal with it because I am reasonably certain that there isn't one within 180 Km. So whether we like it or not we have to deal with the cat issue ourselves. No one enjoys that fact but it will not just go away by itself. The most annoying element of the problem is the fact that abandoned/neglected pet cats are constantly replenishing the feral population.

So to re-iterate my answer to the original thread title, 'I am not a cat person' but I quite like my stumpy tailed cattle dog, though she does nip folk's ankles from time to time. Sorry my response was slow, I've been away fishing up the coast for a few days.

I like dogs more. I have often heard that apoquel for dogs is recommended for them. It's cool to know and see how your pet becomes even more playful and doesn't feel any discomfort.

Last edited:
She'd rip them limb from limb and a hawk dinner with the leftovers for tomorrow. She's one tough cat.
Kitty is entirely too complacent given two hawks standing there sizing her up for lunch.

My cat of 40 years ago had a bluejay friend who would harass her through a 3rd-story window. Good thing for strong screens.
At least with the bullet proof glass between her and them.

I usually have a couple of ferrets. Sadly I had to put my last one down a couple of months aga due to illness. she made it a lot longer than the vet thought she would. I'll get a couple more soon I hope.

Back