Cat Person, Dog Person, or Other Person?

SimonDoom

Kink Lord
Are you a cat person or dog person? Or do you prefer other animals as pets? Or no pets at all?

I like cats and dogs, and have had both for much of my life (though I don't own either right now), but I definitely prefer dogs. Dogs genuinely love people; with cats it's sort of an iffy proposition some of the time.

Cats, corvids, fish. Love labradors and retrievers but do not want the admin of looking after / cleaning up after one.

Mostly a cat person, since they're a little easier to maintain in small spaces. Mine definitely love me, even if I sometimes disgust them with my absurd primate habits.

Dog person. I have a cat as well, and he's okay. I find cats to be interesting from a remove, like a spectator pet. He does funny things. But my dog brings me joy, actually makes me a happier person in general.

I have a cat who annoys the heck out of me but is comforting sometimes. I doubt I’ll replace him when he’s gone, though.

The trashy people down the street from me have a dog. They fenced the front yard (ugly chain link fence) so the dog can bark at anything that happens on the street. It barks at anyone who goes outside. It barks at squirrels. It barks at clouds. It barks and barks.

So I’m an anti-white-trash-dog person.

Dog, our fourth Dalmatian who is at this moment nudging my elbow 'cause his food is soaking, "Breakfast, dammit!" May have to give him up; he's an older rescue with severe separation anxiety, so bad he cannot be left alone anywhere without damaging something including himself. Sort of puts a crimp in the rest of our lives. Aside from that he's a sweetheart.

A cat history, too, but wife is allergic. Last cat was incredible - super-smart. She came when called, walked on a leash (or rode on my shoulder if she'd had enough walking), played fetch, and rough-housed gently. She even had her own language, with distinct vocalizations for whatever it was she wanted from me. Amazing personality.

Dogs especially spaniels but I don't like tiny yappy dogs. I like kittens but cats not so much. Too aloof for me.

I've had cats and dogs, and loved them both, but I'm probably more of a cat person. Cats have plenty of capacity for love, but it's something that has to be earned, and they can be subtler in how they express it.

I’ve had both during my life, and currently have one of each. My cat is named Soda (I didn’t name her, I didn’t even pick her, she picked me), she is a polydactyl tabby (she has extra toes), and she is usually in my bedroom all the time. She meows at me over and over when she wants attention, and gets louder the longer I don’t pet her. My dog is a fawn boxer named Toby, he’s not allowed to even sleep in the same room as my wife and I because of the space he takes up on the bed. He’s named Toby because his toes are white. We also have a white boxer that’s my wife’s dog and three other cats.

I was a cat person because of living in smaller places when younger. But ever since I got my first dog ever about 5 years ago, I’m a total convert to Team Dog! She brings me so much happiness 😍

Some of my stories tend to support my views, Mr. Lucky 2, Wild, Black Cat, Black Puma - Cat's Claw (not on here), and The Leopard's Spots.

After a dog bit me (on the face, no less) when I was four, I've stayed away from all shapes, sizes, and breeds of them. So it's cats for me.

All animals. And they are better than people in most cases.

Presently in possession of cats, snakes, and a dog.

Edit: Oh, and one jumping spider--his name is Toulouse, he came in on one of my plants when I brought them in for fall.

I thought bestiality wasn't allowed on this site...? 😲

I love cats and dogs, but have probably owned more cats.

They're generally easier to take care of and I lived in a lot of apartments where I couldn't really keep or properly care for a dog.

They're generally easier to take care of and I lived in a lot of apartments where I couldn't really keep or properly care for a dog.
It's not. Furries and anthros are 🆗 though, and those can be called cat and dog people, among other things. ;)

Dogs are primadonnas.

Back