Boom: Up to 60% of Americans could own guns, twice estimate

Counselor706

Literotica Guru
A surge in “quiet gun owners,” much like the so-called “silent majority” in political circles, is leading firearms analysts to believe that far more Americans own weapons than the accepted 30% cited in polls.

At the highest end, it’s possible that up to 60% of Americans own guns, especially with the pandemic-era rise in gun buying among women and minorities, especially in suburban and urban areas.

At the lowest end, it’s likely that at least 40% of Americans own guns, according to a groundbreaking study of those who lie to pollsters about firearms.

The study from Rutgers University's New Jersey Gun Violence Research Center is spreading like wildfire in the industry, which for years has tried to accurately estimate United States gun ownership and determine why polls show support for gun control, but then there is little follow through when legislation is proposed.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...60-of-americans-could-own-guns-twice-estimate

Very wise, considering how crazy the establishment is in this country. They support the big business rich exploiting us, so certainly won't give us any protection, yet they expect people to give up their weapons? Laughable.

Most gave up their weapons ages ago knowing it wouldn't do a whole lot of good. The "establishment" hasn't changed in a meaningful way in decades and that's giving them a serious benefit of the doubt that it was ever much different.

There is no way its 60% I'd be shocked if it's even a full 40% especially if you mean individuals instead of saying that if say two parents, two adult children and one gun counts as 4 gun owners. Otherwise that number is WAY too high.

Most gave up their weapons ages ago knowing it wouldn't do a whole lot of good. The "establishment" hasn't changed in a meaningful way in decades and that's giving them a serious benefit of the doubt that it was ever much different.

There is no way its 60% I'd be shocked if it's even a full 40% especially if you mean individuals instead of saying that if say two parents, two adult children and one gun counts as 4 gun owners. Otherwise that number is WAY too high.
You don't have a clue. Within the past year I've brought 5 new gun owners into the fold.

Within the past year I've brought 5 new gun owners into the fold.

I've never met anyone that touted something like this who wasn't a paranoid, cranky old dumbshit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I'm not against private gun ownership, or being part of a gun club...except for a big portion of the type of people you'd have to keep company with. No thanks. :LOL:

You don't have a clue. Within the past year I've brought 5 new gun owners into the fold.
I know gun ownership has been declining for decades and there is no way it jumped that far that fast. How do you even know you brought five new gun owners into the fold which is kind of a sick way of thinking of it.

Not if you're smart, but in the wake of Defund the Police, of which the new official line from Democrats, "Nobody I know ever said that or endorsed it! YOU'RE LYING!" a lot of people who never considered themselves as potential gun owners up-armored. Democrats are very good at generating and growing the things they say they hate.

I know gun ownership has been declining for decades and there is no way it jumped that far that fast. How do you even know you brought five new gun owners into the fold which is kind of a sick way of thinking of it.
I just did a quick DuckDuckGo search and I don't think that's verifiably true.

Yeah, but that's the same 27 people buying everything that they manufacture.

Shit! "Manufacture" has Manu in it . . . .

Its impossible to know what the exact figure is but there is no question that many people who never dreamed of owning a gun in the past have become gun owners in recent years. I know several folks who fit that description.

He lives in a world where whatever it is he believes becomes the truth even when that doesn't match the truth or reality.

Basically he's a nutter who thinks his solitary aged gentlemanly ways are how the world spins.

I never believed the 30% number and always considered it to be left-wing propaganda to make the messaging for banning guns easier for the corrupt media to sell in the public square. Guns have always been everywhere in the US and that is the primary strength against major gun controls. People aren't stupid. Between 2010 and 2019 13 million guns were sold in each of those years.

Both paragraphs.

Neither were "conjecture".

You don't seem to know the definition of that word. I'll help:

conjecture​

noun

con·jec·ture kən-ˈjek-chər

1a: inference formed without proof or sufficient evidence

ba: conclusion deduced by surmise or guesswork

I said:

I've never met anyone that touted something like this who wasn't a paranoid, cranky old dumbshit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I'm not against private gun ownership, or being part of a gun club...except for a big portion of the type of people you'd have to keep company with. No thanks. :LOL:

First sentence: sufficient (personal) evidence. Just because you don't agree with my personal experience doesn't automatically make it "conjecture" by definition. Fail.

Second sentence: proof abounds. The self-proclaimed gun enthusiasts on this forum alone are total assholes, as anyone can clearly see.

But thanks for playing! 😘

I never believed the 30% number and always considered it to be left-wing propaganda to make the messaging for banning guns easier for the corrupt media to sell in the public square. Guns have always been everywhere in the US and that is the primary strength against major gun controls. People aren't stupid. Between 2010 and 2019 13 million guns were sold in each of those years.
Biden wants to defund schools that have archery and gun programs, back door attempt to indoctrinate our kids at an early age to give up any idea of weapons ownership.

Biden wants to defund schools that have archery and gun programs, back door attempt to indoctrinate our kids at an early age to give up any idea of weapons ownership.
Yes, and if they become government employees only then can they learn how to use weapons.;)

You cannot actually “prove” either, thus both are conjecture. Seems like you need to revisit the dictionary in order to understand what the word “proof,” means. Both paragraphs are personal testimony or anecdotal “evidence.” Meaningless in a debate! Epic fail! 😘
Amazing. Every single one of those sentences is wrong. Well done! 😘

You cannot actually “prove” either, thus both are conjecture. Seems like you need to revisit the dictionary in order to understand what the word “proof,” means. Both paragraphs are personal testimony or anecdotal “evidence.”

You need a refresher on the word "or", apparently:

inference formed without proof or sufficient evidence.

Oops. Embarrassing for you. 🤣🤣

(Your line will be: 'anecdotal' is not sufficient evidence.
My response will be: mine is first-hand experience over many years. Where's the proof that you're reputable in said opinion?)

I win. 😘

Last edited:
Back