Screw You, Republicans, and Your Stupid, Useless Prayers

adrina

Heretic

Two deadly mass shootings in Maine—and Republicans are doing nothing but recycling their old “thoughts and prayers.”​

https://newrepublic.com/post/176450...s-stupid-useless-prayers-maine-mass-shootings
Here we go again. At least 18 people were killed and upward of 60 people injured in Lewiston, Maine, late Wednesday evening. This is the 565th mass shooting that has been reported in 2023 alone, according to the Gun Violence Archive.

The senseless violence has also tapped into another fruitless round of Republican leaders issuing “thoughts and prayers” to the families of victims while continuing to pocket large donations from gun lobbyists.

In the last decade, the National Rifle Association has spent more than $37 million on its political lobbying, with GOP legislators reaping the bulk of it, including Senators Mitt Romney and Mitch McConnell, according to data from OpenSecrets. Meanwhile, the money behind “gun rights” lobbying groups has dwarfed that for gun control efforts every year dating back to 1998.

Their unbroken influence over the political right has swept votes on issues ranging from bans on assault weapons to high-capacity magazines, both of which Maine’s own Senator Susan Collins voted against.

Thoughts and prayers don't mean shit. Especially when all of them are recipients of massive donations from those who benefit from monetizing the death of Americans.

Two deadly mass shootings in Maine—and Republicans are doing nothing but recycling their old “thoughts and prayers.”​

https://newrepublic.com/post/176450...s-stupid-useless-prayers-maine-mass-shootings

Thoughts and prayers don't mean shit. Especially when all of them are recipients of massive donations from those who benefit from monetizing the death of Americans.

And in somewhat related news:

https://bnn.network/breaking-news/c...rricane-otis-a-symptom-of-the-climate-crisis/

I’m sure those same stupid republicans, who deny climate change and block legislation to mitigate climate change so their fossil fuel industry donors can continue to grossly enrich themselves, are sending their thoughts and prayers to the people of Acapulco who just got massacred by a freakish Hurricane that was clearly a product of climate change.

JFC

SAD!!!

The first shipment of thoughts and prayers arrives in Lewiston, Maine.

screenshot_2023-10-26-18-11-49-10_f598e1360c96b5a5aa16536c303cff92-jpg.2283471

Tragically, that empty truck is going to get a lot more use thanks in large part to stupid republicans.

JFC

SAD!!!
I can't wait until they come out with the "repeal and replace" thoughts and prayers.

So you're ok with metaphorically kicking the grieving families?

Oh...I know your response Mr. "Lawyer"...they are too grieved to make an intelligent decision right now. Am I right Mr. "Lawyer"?

It's too early to do anything at the moment, we need to wait for a five-year period (heck, a fortnight will do) between mass shootings before considering anything that might reduce mass-shootings.

We've been through this stupidity before.

It's too early to do anything at the moment, we need to wait for a five-year period (heck, a fortnight will do) between mass shootings before considering anything that might reduce mass-shootings.

We've been through this stupidity before.
Ummmm. We are averaging just under 2 mass shootings a day using the definition of 4 or more victims shot. We have been averaging this ever since Trump took office

Look, the biggest problem is that neither party is ok with me finding ways to kill bad people. PERIOD.

Problems with violent criminals? Kill the violent criminals, or set it up so that they kill each other.

No prayers, no hugs and trying to save them.

Kill enough of them and you will put the fear of God (or death) into the others.
The US has tried killing bad people.

The US has never tried doing what the rest of the world does. Which is, try not to kill anyone if possible.

So you're ok with metaphorically kicking the grieving families?
Your side is the side with tacit approval for random mass shootings, so naturally you project your shortcomings on the other side. The old HisArpy "Play Defense! Play DEFENSE, DAMMIT!" ploy

Forrest Gump said:
Mama always said HisArpy and his DARVO go together like peas 'n carrots

That's what T&Pers do. Mouth sounds while they're bought off by those monetizing American deaths.

Even for you that statement is a ridiculous reach.

My comment has nothing to do with money or guilt. My comment was that it appears that YOU resort to politicizing the moment in order to push YOUR agenda.

Meanwhile I think of the victims and the pain they're feeling. Which proves me to be a caring human being. YOU, not so much.

Have a great day swimming in the cesspit of your own making.

My comment has nothing to do with money or guilt. My comment was that it appears that YOU resort to politicizing the moment in order to push YOUR agenda.

Meanwhile I think of the victims and the pain they're feeling. Which proves me to be a caring human being. YOU, not so much.

I think this ought to be put on a sampler and hung on the wall. This is a fantastic summary of the right wing position. So many thoughts and prayers to alleviate a situation they support. Then further deflect to those who point it out as if it is somehow the spotlight's fault. It's really quite poetic the amount of personal gymnastics involved.

That whole faith over deeds isn't working out so well in this instance.

In the meantime we get to keep adding to the number of Americans negatively impacted by gun violence.

I think this ought to be put on a sampler and hung on the wall. This is a fantastic summary of the right wing position. So many thoughts and prayers to alleviate a situation they support. Then further deflect to those who point it out as if it is somehow the spotlight's fault. It's really quite poetic the amount of personal gymnastics involved.

That whole faith over deeds isn't working out so well in this instance.

In the meantime we get to keep adding to the number of Americans negatively impacted by gun violence.

You seem to think that supporting the Constitution is support of criminal behavior.

I don't support crime or criminal behavior. I don't support violating the law. No one I associate with does either.

Meanwhile, you seem to be fine with breaking the law in order to push for unconstitutional legislation that will solve nothing and which does nothing except promote your personal agenda over everyone and the law. And you do it on the backs of grief stricken families while trying to vilify those who empathize with that grief.

Well bless your 🖤

You seem to think that supporting the Constitution is support of criminal behavior.

I don't support crime or criminal behavior. I don't support violating the law. No one I associate with does either.

Meanwhile, you seem to be fine with breaking the law in order to push for unconstitutional legislation that will solve nothing and which does nothing except promote your personal agenda over everyone and the law. And you do it on the backs of grief stricken families while trying to vilify those who empathize with that grief.

Careful, you're gonna throw your back out at this rate.

Soon enough we’ll all be allowed to purchase and possess RPG’s.

Bullshit.

Law enforcement is generally reactionary, just as grief is.

The fact that the topic of gun control comes up again and again after every mass shooting is natural, yet here you are saying it’s just people wanting nefarious control.

The more this killing keeps up the more pressure there will be for a constitutional amendment. ✅

Last edited:
Back