Bem Sex-Role Inventory - How masculine/feminine are you?

I thought that some of the questions were idiotic but I scored 91 for Masculinity and 112 for Femininity.

Masc 117 Fem 113 - I think I would have been more masc if I loved guns and killing people. The focus of her assessment is Androgyny is the ideal state. Balancing Yin and Yang, Shiva and Shakti, and other cultural jargon for Masc and Fem has been a traditional view of the ideal state. So does Jung. I love my Androgynous Solosexuality.

I also thought that some of the questions were idiotic but I scored 109 for Masculinity and 86 for Femininity.

I think that test is limited, as it boils people down to basically a number. Not sure of the usefulness, even in a research context as that's a limited result. I'm certain it's the study of the answers to the individual questions that really drives the research behind something like this test, but they need to 'feed' us something in return for doing the work. The math/statistics behind something like this research is not trivial, nor are the study of the results.
The test definitely needs to touch more on an overall scale of tasks and reactions.

Back