Azul's Coffee Talk

Azuldrgon

Big Blue Guy
Hello all.
I haven't started a thread in a while. As I was driving home from the store today, I stopped by one of our local coffee shops (aka Not a Starbuck's) and I thought about my best friend back home who is a devoted Starbuck's junkie.
So that's where this thread starts.

My question to start:
Where is "your" coffee place?

Obviously if you are a tea drinker or energy drink or whatever, you can substitute that instead. We don't judge here.

I mostly drink brewed coffee I make at home or work. For coffee drinks I will generally go to Starbucks.

Thank you for being my first @AnnyMouse28 . 🥰🥰🥰

I have two favorite coffee spots.
The one I went for this morning also serves energy drinks that my wife likes. Their advantage is that they are the closest.
My favorite is located on the way to work and has my favorite barista in it that may have been mentioned in one or three of my stories. :)

I frequent the coffee stand in the gas station parking lot by my house. No, it's not a bikini stand. Around here you can throw a rock and hit 3 of either type though.

Not a Starbucks fan. Lasater's is phenomenal, but I'm not sure how widespread they are. Also, from the "fast food" realm, I gotta say Dunkin Donuts does really well.

Not a Starbucks fan. Lasater's is phenomenal, but I'm not sure how widespread they are. Also, from the "fast food" realm, I gotta say Dunkin Donuts does really well.
I so wish they had Dunkins over here.
We have a few good chains that are non-Starbuck's such as BigFoot Java and Dutch Bros.
Then there are some smaller chains that are pretty good.

So let's go to the next question:
What is your coffee set up?

As in do you have a certain way you make your coffee or that you order from your spot?

Three cream, shot of vanilla or hazelnut. No sugar. My home brew currently is a Kahlua-flavored coffee, but it's second place to a vanilla/macadamia I had before that

My choices are:
Home: 2 cups in my tumbler with chocolate caramel creamer. I use a bargain Breakfast Blend in my Keurig.
Normal coffee place: White chocolate Caramel iced.
My Fav coffee place: If my fav barista doesn't catch me first, it's an iced caramel macchiato. Otherwise, she gets me a blended energy drink since she has known me for a few years at different coffee places and she is too hot to argue with. 😈😈

I so wish they had Dunkins over here.
We have a few good chains that are non-Starbuck's such as BigFoot Java and Dutch Bros.
Then there are some smaller chains that are pretty good.
Coffee is such a huge thing here... idk how many other parts of the country can you find a coffee shop and two drive thru shops (one of them a bikini barista) in the space of a half block

One of my favorite spots is a little one off drive thru walking distance from work. But I can't say I'm super loyal. I know people who love Dutch Brothers and often see LONG lines of people waiting in their drive thru - frankly I don't care for their menu.

So let's go to the next question:
What is your coffee set up?

As in do you have a certain way you make your coffee or that you order from your spot?
My go to is a single shot 16oz vanilla latte

But I love a London Fog too (coffee shop option that is coffee free)

I prefer good quality cafés that are not part of some big chain. One is a tiny chain, they have less than 10 cafés on this side of the country, and they do their pastry themselves - you can't tell the gluten free ones from the others by taste, and they even bake their paninis themselves. When I first visited them it was on the countryside in a protected building, and it was where they started.

Green tea (no sweetener) and then some sweet cake, depending on what's offered that day. Sometimes some salty pie as well if I'm hungry.

I generally go to Starbucks when I have to work in office BUT I make them work by ordering off their “secret” menu.

When I work from home I make my own iced coffee which tastes better than Starbucks sooo its a win-win. :D

I generally go to Starbucks when I have to work in office BUT I make them work by ordering off their “secret” menu.

When I work from home I make my own iced coffee which tastes better than Starbucks sooo its a win-win. :D
Starbuck's has a secret menu? Interesting. :D

Oh I love 💗💗💗💗 coffee ☕☕☕!!!

Very excited to find this thread.

I almost always just brew my own. I keep a pot behind my desk at school and have some every day.

I've been to Big Foot a few times. It's really good.

There is a gas station with a whole coffee machine bar that I actually think is some of the best coffee out there.

And I do Starbucks but mostly because I have a relative who works there and because gift cards for Starbucks are popular to give to teachers.

Thanks for this thread.

At home, I use a small drip coffee maker, a bean grinder, and beans from a local roaster or Trader Joes;s medium roast. I prefer the bean to come from Sumatra which has the least acid. Just a little cream and no sugar but sometimes I will add cocoa on those cold afternoons by the fireplace.

When I am out and about, I will try for a local coffee shop that I know or a Tim Horton's shop.

Good to see some former Chaos folks here.

so im into starbucks still. triple shot of espresso over ice with cream and sweet & low.

For the third question, let's see what happens when you travel.
3.) Tell me about a time you went looking for coffee while traveling.

#3. I recall a very long business trip where I got in after midnight, dead tired and not enough caffeine, and there in the baggage claim area was a caribou coffee stand! Oh, it was heaven!! The baggage came late, and it took forever to catch a shuttle and find my car. Then I had to drive, which was close to 2 am. I am not sure I could have made it without the coffee.

Mine would be the last main trip I took. When I went down to Texas for a week, I was helping a friend with stuff.
We were out checking out some areas when she suggested coffee.
I answered yes, thinking we were going to someplace different.
It was Starbuck's. :D
Full disclosure, someone sent her a gift card to use.

Back