Authors!

So does this indicate that while incest may have more views, LW gets more votes, meaning there's a higher level of engagement and finishing the story with LW? That's what it seems like.
I have two weeks of statistics data on the 28th day a story is published. Lots and lots of caveats for this table that I don't want to get into, but this is the categories sorted by 100*Votes Per View:
1696958149640.png
Loving Wives is the clear #1 for Total Votes and Votes/Views. Incest/Taboo is the clear #1 for total number of views. I don't know if more LW readers finish their stories or are just more motivated to vote.

I have two weeks of statistics data on the 28th day a story is published. Lots and lots of caveats for this table that I don't want to get into, but this is the categories sorted by 100*Votes Per View:
View attachment 2278861
Loving Wives is the clear #1 for Total Votes and Votes/Views. Incest/Taboo is the clear #1 for total number of views. I don't know if more LW readers finish their stories or are just more motivated to vote.

Other than Loving Wives, which I expected, this isn't at all what I expected. Those are big disparities in intensity.

Other than Loving Wives, which I expected, this isn't at all what I expected. Those are big disparities in intensity.
That shelf above Incest/below Humor is twisting my brain.

It's a significant have/have not.

I can almost see sample size making humor less reliable but the clustering of the rest make it particularly eye opening. đź‘€

It's very hard to compare categories because there's so much going on beyond a simple number
* LW has more votes per view than I/T. But I/T has lots of chapter stories, LW has very few, and the chapter stories in I/T don't perform nearly as well as stand-alone stories. How much of the votes per view difference is because of that?
* Romance is #2 on the list. My recollection is that Romance has the highest average page per story. How much of its high intensity is because of that?
* Anal didn't do well. Anal has a very high percentage of one-page stories. How much of its low intensity is because of that?
* NonHuman - the author writerannabelle absolutely owns that category, with the top 17 stories in the NonHuman Hall of Fame. Her stories get a huge number of votes, and most of the other NonHuman stories don’t
* With categories that get a small number of stories, views and votes, timing is huge, and this 14 day slice may be very unrepresentative

Wow, noncon gets a lot of views... no wonder all those problematic stories are tolerated. Also, SciFi&Fantasy gets plenty of votes per view, which kinda confirms my previous opinion... @EmilyMiller
All in all, even if this data can't be taken at face value, it still gives some interesting insight.

View attachment 2278861
I'd say it is about motivation mostly. Those themes are very inflaming for certain groups so they are likely to vote...
The low intensity of noncon is somewhat surprising but it seems there is no divide there. They all get off on the same thing, more or less, it seems...

This is my impression as well. I had a mom-son story in 2017 get 70K views in the first 24 hours, but I have not come close to that since then even with similar kinds of stories. I think the counting method is stricter than it used to be. The stories at the tops of the toplists still do exceptionally well, but the view totals for the 250th most viewed story on the 12 month list are MUCH lower than they were six years ago.

I still, however, get several times more views for incest stories than for other stories. It's a whole different kettle of fish. The readership for it is MUCH larger. Illustrated stories get a lot of views, and so do many Loving Wives stories, but LW is more of a weird mixed bag because it accommodates so many conflicting types of stories with different readerships. After those three categories, there's a drop off in reader numbers.
I used to pull something like 50k views average day 1 in Mature, and while the vote totals, favs, and comments have remained stable or gone up, the views on day 1 are more in the 25-30k range. Easier for me to peg the change there since I have a lot more stories in that category.

Three years of tracking my Lesbian Sex stories and my intensity is 1.49 so the numbers above look reasonable (at least for Lesbian Sex Stories).

Unfortunately my lesbian I/T stories only have an intensity of 0.55 (lots of reads and few votes)

My overall weighted average is 4.77/5

Back