Authors!

Anton25

Really Really Experienced
Today is the day my story gets out:) What is your personal record for the first day of reads, votes etc..?! I would be interested to hear!

Today is the day my story gets out:) What is your personal record for the first day of reads, votes etc..?! I would be interested to hear!
You can share me the link to your story and I would love to check it out!

Depends too much on category and day of release. My latest didn't even get to ten votes, over a week after.

Doesn't really count since the views now eliminate a lot of bots and spiders that used to be counted, but 1k votes and 100k views for a Mom/Son story in the Winter Holiday contest.

Doesn't really count since the views now eliminate a lot of bots and spiders that used to be counted, but 1k votes and 100k views for a Mom/Son story in the Winter Holiday contest.
I had a similar experience with a Mom/Son story a couple of years ago. 80k views and 700 votes first day.

I don't write incest, but for comparison my latest Lesbian Sex story hit about 80 votes on the first day against 4.4k reads, and my last Romance hit about 120 votes on the first day against similar reader numbers.

@Anton25 this is one of your earlier ones, and you're posting in Illustrated, so the comparisons won't mean much. Don't worry, it's out there now - it'll get read.

The most I've managed so far was something like 4000 views and perhaps 60 votes in one day. The follow-up that I posted a few days later has stalled at 1400 views and 11 votes after a fortnight.

I don't write incest, but for comparison my latest Lesbian Sex story hit about 80 votes on the first day against 4.4k reads, and my last Romance hit about 120 votes on the first day against similar reader numbers.

@Anton25 this is one of your earlier ones, and you're posting in Illustrated, so the comparisons won't mean much. Don't worry, it's out there now - it'll get read.
Ok! Thanks!

I never keep track, I have no idea. At the end, like everyone else, I take what views, ratings, and other feedback I receive. Meanwhile I’m working on future stories or other projects in my life.

This is my impression as well. I had a mom-son story in 2017 get 70K views in the first 24 hours, but I have not come close to that since then even with similar kinds of stories. I think the counting method is stricter than it used to be. The stories at the tops of the toplists still do exceptionally well, but the view totals for the 250th most viewed story on the 12 month list are MUCH lower than they were six years ago.

I still, however, get several times more views for incest stories than for other stories. It's a whole different kettle of fish. The readership for it is MUCH larger. Illustrated stories get a lot of views, and so do many Loving Wives stories, but LW is more of a weird mixed bag because it accommodates so many conflicting types of stories with different readerships. After those three categories, there's a drop off in reader numbers.

Thank you for your answer. Most interesting. How could the counting become stricter though..? And that story which had 70k views .. how many is it today..?

Thank you for your answer. Most interesting. How could the counting become stricter though..? And that story which had 70k views .. how many is it today..?

I'm not a techie person but my understanding is that some view numbers were driven by bots or other artificial counters, and that the Site has done something to restrict this process now.

My story that had about 70K views on the first day it was published in May 2017 now has over 1.7 million views and 2,623 favorites.

I'm not a techie person but my understanding is that some view numbers were driven by bots or other artificial counters, and that the Site has done something to restrict this process now.

My story that had about 70K views on the first day it was published in May 2017 now has over 1.7 million views and 2,623 favorites.
Congrats

I've been pulling the 30-Day Top List voting data since 8/30. The top stories for number of votes on the first day are all Loving Wives. "Not What She Expected" is #1 with 2114 votes. 50 stories (out of 4098) had a perfect 5.00 rating after their first day, spread over a lot of different categories. I've been pulling the 30-Day Top List Most Read since 9/1. "Camping with Mom" is #1 with 39,008 views on its first day. All of the stories that made the 30-Day Top List Most Read list on their first day are in Incest/Taboo, Loving Wives, or Illustrated.

I've been pulling the 30-Day Top List voting data since 8/30. The top stories for number of votes on the first day are all Loving Wives. "Not What She Expected" is #1 with 2114 votes. 50 stories (out of 4098) had a perfect 5.00 rating after their first day, spread over a lot of different categories. I've been pulling the 30-Day Top List Most Read since 9/1. "Camping with Mom" is #1 with 39,008 views on its first day. All of the stories that made the 30-Day Top List Most Read list on their first day are in Incest/Taboo, Loving Wives, or Illustrated.

So does this indicate that while incest may have more views, LW gets more votes, meaning there's a higher level of engagement and finishing the story with LW? That's what it seems like.

Compare my story Liverpool exhibitionist ( just text) with Ticket to Ride ( illustrative). Ticket to R just came out today..
https://literotica.com/s/late-night-on-the-loveseat-with-mom

It's not earth-shaking or heavyweight erotica. It's a fun, light-hearted mom-son romp on a sofa of 7600 words.
Think it is well-written. Could not believe the mom’s bj when her husband went to the restroom though!!

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpeg
    IMG_2069.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 3
Compare my story Liverpool exhibitionist ( just text) with Ticket to Ride ( illustrative). Ticket to R just came out today..

Think it is well-written. Could not believe the mom’s bj when her husband went to the restroom though!!

Yes, believability was not high on my list of goals with that story. The most obtuse dad ever.

Back