Anyone Wanna FAWC?

Like I said, it's ultimately his choice. This is a pretty relaxed challenge. I don't think anything would be skewed by having you edit his story, and really, there's nothing I or anyone can do to enforce anything. ;)

See, babycakes! It's :cool:.

Seriously, I promise I wouldn't vote on LaRascasse's story. This is just a fun thing to encourage people to write, isn't it. Not some macho Anything-you-can-do-I-can-1bomb-cuz-I-am-a-meanie.

Bloody Hell, I suppose now I've got to write something! :mad:. As well as that effing new paper I ought to do for 'proper' career development. :rolleyes:.

I need another job interview. I stayed up all night before the last one writing a story that did really well. (And got the job ;).)

Each submission will be entitled "FAWC: Wicked Writings, Ch. ##"

Thinking that maybe "FAWC:" as a slug in front of an individualized, author-provided title might be best. The title is one of the main sales point to a reader. If they are all homogenized and neutral like this example, we might get fewer total readers across the set than if each had its own catchy title (with creation of a catchy title really being part of the challenge of it all).

Sorry to nitpick.

Thinking that maybe "FAWC:" as a slug in front of an individualized, author-provided title might be best. The title is one of the main sales point to a reader. If they are all homogenized and neutral like this example, we might get fewer total readers across the set than if each had its own catchy title (with creation of a catchy title really being part of the challenge of it all).

Sorry to nitpick.

I agree with the nitpicking. I think a title makes sense.

Chain stories is not a widely visited category you need something to get the readers attention.

Same here. I've often said that I don't worry about coming up with an original idea; I just try to give something my own original take.

My story is turning out to be a little more challenging for me than i thought it would. I've got it started, and am about 3k words into it. I can see where it's going, but getting there is going to be a little tricky.

Personally I find one shot "disposable" characters tougher than my more developed "main stays"

I did start mine today and its going to end up less appealing to most people than I thought, oh, well, kind of sums me up anyway.

Sorry to nitpick.

I agree with the nitpicking. I think a title makes sense.

Chain stories is not a widely visited category you need something to get the readers attention.

Nitpicking is fine. Little details sometimes make all the difference.

I'll need to find out if Chain Stories allows for variations in the title. It was my understanding (as with Selena Kitt's Modern Fairy Tales chain) that the titles all had to be the same, it was just the chapter numbers that changed. if that's not the case, and we can make the titles FAWC: (Insert Author Title Here), then great, we'll go with that.

I'll PM Laurel and see what she says.

I'll need to find out if Chain Stories allows for variations in the title. It was my understanding (as with Selena Kitt's Modern Fairy Tales chain) that the titles all had to be the same, it was just the chapter numbers that changed. if that's not the case, and we can make the titles FAWC: (Insert Author Title Here), then great, we'll go with that.

Well if people can keep the title short enough it could be something like

Fawc CH 1 Insert title here

The first part does not take up much space so maybe that can work.

Well if people can keep the title short enough it could be something like

Fawc CH 1 Insert title here

The first part does not take up much space so maybe that can work.

I thought of that, too. We'll just have to wait and see what Laurel says. Cross your fingers.

Based on my quick review on the Chain Stories section - some stories appear as "On the Bus: Title of Story." Or "Bard's Tales: Title of Story" I'm sure we'll limited by the character limit for titles. So "FAWC: " would use six characters of the title's total. Otherwise, I agree, titles attract attention.

Is there a way to link to a page that lists all the stories as a sort of "Table of Contents?" There's this page http://www.literotica.com/storyxs/cs_stor.shtml Which doesn't make sense, since there are more chain stories than the two listed. However, I like what you get when you click through: http://www.literotica.com/storyxs/chains/tmf_stor.shtml

Maybe Slyc could PM us text we could cut and paste into our signature line (if we want) to attract readers?

Last edited:
Based on my quick review on the Chain Stories section - some stories appear as "On the Bus: Title of Story." Or "Bard's Tales: Title of Story" I'm sure we'll limited by the character limit for titles. So "FAWC: " would use six characters of the title's total. Otherwise, I agree, titles attract attention.

Additionally, for whatever it may be worth, once the stories go up, those of us participating in this thread can include a link in our signatures. Is there a way to link to a page that lists all the stories as a sort of "Table of Contents?"

Maybe Slyc could PM us text we could cut and paste into our signature line (if we want) that would do the same thing?

You know, you're right. I was just going on personal experience instead of being thorough. I'm going to check the FAQ and do a little more research.

Once the stories go live, we could all link to FAWCker's story list.

Okay, so we can have each story titled as follows:

FAWC #1: (Your Title)

I am not sure what the character limit is on titles, but there are some pretty long ones out there.

Good call catching this. ;)

ETA: This is my first time running a chain story (well, one that actually got off the ground, anyway), so there are bound to be other issues I have overlooked. Feel free to point them out as you find them.

Last edited:

I am not sure what the character limit is on titles, but there are some pretty long ones out there.

Testing the submission page, I am able to enter a maximum of 35 characters, including spaces or punctuation. So, "FAWC #1: " would count as 9 characters (including the space after the colon), leaving a maximum of 26 characters (including spaces, punctuation, etc.).

Testing the submission page, I am able to enter a maximum of 35 characters, including spaces or punctuation. So, "FAWC #1: " would count as 9 characters (including the space after the colon), leaving a maximum of 26 characters (including spaces, punctuation, etc.).

Whew! Mine is 25 characters, I'll just get in.

Good call catching this. ;)

ETA: This is my first time running a chain story (well, one that actually got off the ground, anyway), so there are bound to be other issues I have overlooked. Feel free to point them out as you find them.

Here I am again. We should just leave the number off for submission to you shouldn't we, as authors? Won't you have to supply that at the time of the mass submission?

(and in calculating to stay within the space limit authors will have to give two spaces for the number--hoping that there will be more than nine entries.)

Here I am again. We should just leave the number off for submissiosubmissionu shouldn't we, as authors? Won't you have to supply that at the time of the mass submission?

(and in calculating to stay within the space limit authors will have to give two spaces for the number--hoping that there will be more than nine entries.)

I interpreted the #1 designation to indicate the first FAWC contest, not related to story submission number.

Did we decide on a firm word limit? (Hopefully not) I thought I saw 6000 words bandied about earlier in the thread, with comments made about the merits and demerits of longer vs. shorter stories; but it's not mentioned in the rules. I'm looking at story that wants to stretch that 6000 word suggestion by about 3000 words in one direction or another.

Thoughts?

Did we decide on a firm word limit? (Hopefully not) I thought I saw 6000 words bandied about earlier in the thread, with comments made about the merits and demerits of longer vs. shorter stories; but it's not mentioned in the rules. I'm looking at story that wants to stretch that 6000 word suggestion by about 3000 words in one direction or another.

Thoughts?

Don't worry about word limits. Mine's at 5k right now and I'm about halfway through. Write what you want. ;)

Small modification suggested...

Instead of posting it in Chain Stories, we each send the story, title, one-line description, tags and category and slyc can post it in the appropriate category under the FAWCker moniker. That way the goal of the contest (ie - anonymity) is maintained and we can get more hits.

Also why not drop the FAWC Ch.xx tag and just upload the story titles as they are? It would be moot since these are the only stories FAWCker has.

Small modification suggested...

Instead of posting it in Chain Stories, we each send the story, title, one-line description, tags and category and slyc can post it in the appropriate category under the FAWCker moniker. That way the goal of the contest (ie - anonymity) is maintained and we can get more hits.

Also why not drop the FAWC Ch.xx tag and just upload the story titles as they are? It would be moot since these are the only stories FAWCker has.

A few reasons for the way this is set up.

Firstly, after the response I received from Laurel, Chain Stories is the best way to post these stories. They are all along a common theme, and so fit the Chain Story definition.

Secondly, by placing them all in the same category, it insures every chapter receives the same baseline readership. Yes, Chain Stories is not the most widely-read category. However, in an effort to equalize voting, placing them all in the same category makes sense. It's my understanding -- based on conversation I've had in the past with other regular authors here -- that readers who visit the Chain Story category understand that the stories within are of a different sort. They aren't necessarily looking for a quick fix, erotica-wise, but are actually interested in the writing. That's the philosophy, anyway, and it makes sense to me.

Lastly, this is only the first FAWC challenge. There will be more. Organizing these submissions the way we are keeps everything tidy. Keep in mind that the titles of each story will not include a chapter, though I initially believed otherwise. Each title will simply read FAWC #1: (Author's Title). The next challenge will be FAWC #2: (Author's Title) and so on.

I hope that clears some things up.

Here's something that just occurred to me. How do we ensure that each story gets the same time on the new story list? I know some categories can get inundated with new stories and some are pushed off of the list. I never understood why Lit doesn't make the new story list a flexible size for occasions such as this.

Here's something that just occurred to me. How do we ensure that each story gets the same time on the new story list? I know some categories can get inundated with new stories and some are pushed off of the list. I never understood why Lit doesn't make the new story list a flexible size for occasions such as this.

There's no real way to ensure this. When I submit the stories to the site, I'll include in the notes section for each one that the stories are all part of a friendly competition and that it would help greatly if they would all post as close together as possible. I'm going to post them all on the same day, so hopefully, that will help.

Beyond that, it's really up to Laurel.

Story Tags

Just a friendly reminder: don't forget to include the story tags in your submission. I received one today that didn't have any. Just include them in the first line of the story, before the actual narrative. I'll edit them out before posting it.

Thanks. ;)

Back