Anyone Wanna FAWC?

Just popping in before heading to bed . . . .

How about a theme centered around firsts? Could be first kiss, first sex, first love, first anal...

Or the same thing around secrets - secret love, secret rendezvous, secret fetish.

On the other hand, the common theme could be around a setting - small town, airport, barn.

Just throwing out shit off the top of my head.

Any of those could work. The "secret" theme sounds intriguing. There's a lot of room in there to allow for a broad range of categories. The small town and airport ideas are equally open to interpretation.

First zombie apocalypse springs to mind since I'm reading a Walking Dead novel (yeah, the juggernaut has a couple of actual novels out).

That could fit in with either a "first" theme or a location theme.

A strawman:

Everything based on a "Saw you on the Lexington Avenue subway at 3:15 Tuesday afternoon. I'm the one who dropped my book. Minty's café at 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 24th?" personals ad in a local newspaper.

This idea intrigues me as well, although the idea of a personal ad in a newspaper is somewhat outdated. Maybe adapt it for a Craigslist ad? I do like the idea of the stories beginning with the same lead.

Everything goes to the Novels and Novellas category with the understanding that it isn't really that, but that's the only neutral category. (So we don't have to bother Laurel on setting anything special up--beyond being asked not to recategorize contest entries.)

Slyc opens a "blindcontest" account (assuming that's not taken--something similar if it is to help folks in the category understand what's happening), provides an e-mail address in PM exchanges where everything is Word attached sent, keeps the only records of who sent what, and submits entries in the "blindcontest" account name--on the day after the contest submissions ends (25 May? Later?).

Three weeks after the end of the contest, Slyc provides statistics from the account author's page.

I wasn't necessarily offering myself as the "storykeeper," but seeing as how this was my idea, I suppose I am the obvious choice. I don't mind taking on the responsibility, so long as everyone agrees that they feel I would be impartial, given that I am also a participant.

I don't think something like that's neutral enough to permit everyone to exercise their specialty.

Not as a common theme, but Jomar could use it as his personal take. However, I would caution that no one provide any details regarding their story before it is written. That could skew the voting process.

How about the theme of Spring Party?
I realize that this fits into my bunny, but it will allow a lot of variation

from a Alabama barn dance where they play spin the bimbo

to the New York cocktail party for the author who just released her best seller to

A Malibu pool party

a Sandals resort party where the women pull room keys out of the punch bowl and go to the room to find the man who also pulled up a random key?

This will give everyone an even break and allow for a wide range of stories with lots of flexibility?

They could meet at the party, or give a party or get thrown out of the party?

There's a lot of room for variation in this idea as well.

I would think we should put it to a vote, after we have narrowed down the ideas for the theme. So far, we appear to have several basic themes up for debate: Firsts, Spring Party, Secrets, Personal Ad, and Small Town.

All in all, I'm glad to see so much interest in this. Pending a response from Laurel, I'm not sure if either N&N or Chain would be a better venue. Either way, considering that all the stories post to the same category should help to ensure unbiased voting.

Are we allowed to enter more than one story? I'm not asking for myself, but for my 'friend'.

LOL, I'm seriously not asking for myself, I'm up to my ears in a probably pregnant cat, marking, ironing and editing but hope to do one little number at least. It just occurred to me that some people might have more than one idea.

:nana::nana:

Are we allowed to enter more than one story? I'm not asking for myself, but for my 'friend'.

LOL, I'm seriously not asking for myself, I'm up to my ears in a probably pregnant cat, marking, ironing and editing but hope to do one little number at least. It just occurred to me that some people might have more than one idea.

:nana::nana:

I think that would be dependent upon whether your friend has a Lit account and already has stories published here. The idea is that of a friendly competition between established Lit authors. However, if the majority says otherwise, I would quickly acquiesce.

Going on the idea of this being a challenge, and the fact that the participants in this game are all experienced writers, we should consider making this contest really challenging. All of my previous suggestions have allowed for people to produce within their own comfort zones. But at the risk of sounding like a Domme :rolleyes:, maybe we should create a theme that is specifically designed to challenge the writer...?

What I would hope to get out of this is less competition amongst ourselves and more creativity and fun as we all struggle to submit a story within the guidelines. I'm trying to think of some ideas that might fit. This sounds almost childish, but one thing we could do would be to post a single picture that everyone has to write a story about. It would be sort of fun to hear what sorts of ideas people tossed around.

The thing is, if we all post in a category with a relatively low readership, and the stories can include any subject matter (anal, incest, non-human, gay male) then what we're going to get is a lot of voting based on people's personal tastes and not the writing, itself. That wouldn't be very helpful to any of us going forward. And in categories with fewer readers, the sample size of audience is so much smaller.

On a personal note, the more this turns into a contest, the less interested I'll become. I've already had my fill of the impromptu circus that tends to emerge around contests on this site. And it will happen here if this focuses on the competition, rather than the process. If that's the goal, I'm fine with just watching from the third row and helping Slyc in whatever way I can to keep the monkeys from screwing the elephants.

...I do like the idea of the stories beginning with the same lead.

Agreed.

However, I would caution that no one provide any details regarding their story before it is written. That could skew the voting process.

Are we to vote on each others stories? Or are you suggesting some reader/voters may be listening in here?

A strawman:

Slyc opens a "blindcontest" account (assuming that's not taken--something similar if it is to help folks in the category understand what's happening), provides an e-mail address in PM exchanges where everything is Word attached sent, keeps the only records of who sent what, and submits entries in the "blindcontest" account name--on the day after the contest submissions ends (25 May? Later?).

Three weeks after the end of the contest, Slyc provides statistics from the account author's page.

Or we all have access to the account and submit. That way it would truly be a blind submission and less work for slyc. The benefit of slyc submitting them is that they'd probably be posted pretty close together.

I don't think something like that's neutral enough to permit everyone to exercise their specialty.

What have you got against inter-being relationships?

But, I was joking.

Last edited:
Or we all have access to the account and submit. That way it would truly be a blind submission and less work for slyc. The benefit of slyc submitting them is that they'd probably be posted pretty close together.

I was looking for ways to use the system as it exists. The more that Laurel or Manu have to do to adjust the system for us, the closer you get to zero chance that this is going to happen. I suppose you're right in this, that everyone could be given the account name and password and that would work. We would still have to have Laurel on board to post them all on/near the same day to give them parity in reader access.

The writing from an image as D_Lynn suggests is a creative one. I enter an annual contest that does that and its one of the most challenging and creative ones I enter. I also agree that the less it's a voting contest and more an expression of creativity, the better. Voting contests on Literotica are a sour joke and actually destructers of innovation and creativity because they exist in the "American Idol" voting method--vote often/vote their singing based on the boots they're wearing. (Not that this process doesn't get it "sort of right" because of all of those voting on what does matter.)

Perhaps the most interest angle of such an exercise would be to set up a thread in the AH where the stories posted are discussed.

If this gets all up into a contest as to who get the most/highest votes it sort of will degenerate into a bitching match and disrupt the idea of Fun that is attractive, at least to me.

I realize that some here are competitive and get all serious about their place in the pecking order, but why not consider it a way to show the readers the differences in style, content and innovation that makes Lit The Place on the Interwebs to come for reading erotica?

Why not make it an anthology of Lit Authors and after the contest put it on Smash word for free as an Advertisement for Lit? After all we do owe something to Laurel and Manu for creating this way for us to express ourselves.

Just a thought.

Lynn, Jomar, Pilot, I'm taking everything you've posted to heart.

Regarding the nature of the challenge, Lynn, I think you've made an excellent point. This should be a writing challenge, after all, not a writer challenge. The idea of posting a picture and having everyone draw inspiration from that is a good one. Or perhaps we could post an article found online -- such as a news story -- that everyone would have to base their stories from. If it was an article, then we could include that at the beginning of each story so the readers know the basis for the challenge.

Jomar, obviously I can't say that we can't vote on our own or others' stories. To keep things fair and simple, I would ask that none of the participants vote on any of the stories. It should be left up to the readers.

As far as the schedule, I think if we made the deadline June 1st that would give everyone enough time. I don't suppose it would really matter if there was a word count limit, as LC pointed out, so long as the story is finished on time.

I will make a new account specifically for this contest and post with that account name later. For now, however, I want to share Laurel's response to my question:

Hi there!

Thanks for writing, and I hope you are well!

Chain stories would probably be the best place for this. You should include an intro to each story explaining what the chain is about (multiple people writing under the same account, etc.) so they know what they're reading and why the voice changes at each section.

Sounds like fun! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Laurel

So there you have it. We'll do this under Chain Stories. I think, in order to insure that all entries get posted around the same time that everyone email me their story by June 1st, and then I'll put them all in the queue at the same time.

Okay, then, I think all we need to figure out now is what is going to be our inspiration?

If this gets all up into a contest as to who get the most/highest votes it sort of will degenerate into a bitching match and disrupt the idea of Fun that is attractive, at least to me.

I realize that some here are competitive and get all serious about their place in the pecking order, but why not consider it a way to show the readers the differences in style, content and innovation that makes Lit The Place on the Interwebs to come for reading erotica?

Why not make it an anthology of Lit Authors and after the contest put it on Smash word for free as an Advertisement for Lit? After all we do owe something to Laurel and Manu for creating this way for us to express ourselves.

Just a thought.

My original idea was along the lines of, "I wonder what would happen?" By not making this an actual contest (in other words, no prizes awarded) that takes away some of the competitive impetus. Ultimately, though, not much can be done to assuage any particular writer's competitive streak.

The idea of putting it all together and offering it as a free anthology isn't a bad idea at all, if everyone would be willing to agree to it.

My original idea was along the lines of, "I wonder what would happen?" By not making this an actual contest (in other words, no prizes awarded) that takes away some of the competitive impetus. Ultimately, though, not much can be done to assuage any particular writer's competitive streak.

The idea of putting it all together and offering it as a free anthology isn't a bad idea at all, if everyone would be willing to agree to it.

If we did that it would give all the writers some exposure to the outside world and might get folks to read some of our other, for pay work.

I can see no down side, but I'm an optimist.:D

I'm in. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Excellent! ;)

If we did that it would give all the writers some exposure to the outside world and might get folks to read some of our other, for pay work.

I can see no down side, but I'm an optimist.:D

If everyone is on board with the idea, I see no problem, either. But not everyone has a pen name, and not everyone may want to put their name out there just yet. We'll see what happens.

Thus far, we have the following authors on board with FAWC:

slyc_willie
jomar
NaokoSmith
sr71plt
lovecraft68
D_Lynn
JackLuis
sheablue
Saxon_Hart

And the following tentatively on board:

damppanties
MistressLynn

I won't be on much today or tomorrow, since tomorrow is Mother's Day and I am committed to pampering my wife. Feel free to discuss this to your heart's content, but we'll more or less pick this up on Monday and hopefully have it hashed out then what, exactly, is going to be our theme.

Last edited:
You can add the SCA pirate to the list of the people who want to play. I'm all in with this idea just for the fun and the challenge of it.

M.S.Tarot

You can add the SCA pirate to the list of the people who want to play. I'm all in with this idea just for the fun and the challenge of it.

M.S.Tarot

Welcome aboard, then. ;)

So, the list of participants as it now stands is:

slyc_willie
jomar
NaokoSmith
sr71plt
lovecraft68
D_Lynn
JackLuis
sheablue
Saxon_Hart
MSTarot

damppanties
MistressLynn

Welcome aboard, then. ;)

So, the list of participants as it now stands is:

slyc_willie
jomar
NaokoSmith
sr71plt
lovecraft68
D_Lynn
JackLuis
sheablue
Saxon_Hart
MSTarot

damppanties
MistressLynn

Could have titled this Meet the FAWCkers.:D

Could have titled this Meet the FAWCkers.:D

:) There is always room for customization? Might make a good title for the Anthology?

"Meet the FAWCKers!"

Literotica's Author's tribute to a free press!

Visit the world of Literotica. Free!

followed by​

What?​

Theme, maybe?
June 1 cumith soon. Kemosabe.

Particularly for the clumsy typist.:eek:

Last edited:
Temes?

Well lets not make willy do all the work. Lets throw out some ideas.

prostitution- if you can't write an erotic story about the oldest profession you couldn't get layed in a whore house (Which could be an interesting story)

Carnival\Mardi gras- a fun time had by all if you can remember it.

time travel- what would have happen if Marty McFly had banged his mom?

sex on the job- what's that strange smell in the break room?

Mile High club- or higher how about bored astronauts on the International Space Station?

End of the world- I'm going out fucking.

Confessional- lets see who can shock the priest the most

Historical- all of history is the stage (little heavy on the research given the time frame but could be fun)

Sex in a car- i just had a story do real well with this theme. "Where did you park the Yugo? I'm feeling a bit randy!"

Just some ideas that clearly show I need coffee.

M.S.Tarot

We could bring the theme home: the protagonist must be a writer of erotica and what they write must somehow be brought into their real life in the plotline.

Plenty of room for zombies and aliens and horror and romance and gay and incest and loving wives and group sex and . . .

Temes?

Well lets not make willy do all the work. Lets throw out some ideas.

prostitution- if you can't write an erotic story about the oldest profession you couldn't get layed in a whore house (Which could be an interesting story)

Carnival\Mardi gras- a fun time had by all if you can remember it.

time travel- what would have happen if Marty McFly had banged his mom?

sex on the job- what's that strange smell in the break room?

Mile High club- or higher how about bored astronauts on the International Space Station?

End of the world- I'm going out fucking.

Confessional- lets see who can shock the priest the most

Historical- all of history is the stage (little heavy on the research given the time frame but could be fun)

Sex in a car- i just had a story do real well with this theme. "Where did you park the Yugo? I'm feeling a bit randy!"

Just some ideas that clearly show I need coffee.

M.S.Tarot

I've done most of those already. :D

The Time Travel and Historical themes are general enough to be open to anything, but specific enough to make all the stories vaguely similar.

We could bring the theme home: the protagonist must be a writer of erotica and what they write must somehow be brought into their real life in the plotline.

Plenty of room for zombies and aliens and horror and romance and gay and incest and loving wives and group sex and . . .

I like this idea. An erotic version of most of Stephen King's stories. ;)

Back