Literotica Categories and what goes in them?

Jim_Ross

Virgin
New to the site and to writing in general.

Just published my first story and since it features a man in his mid-to-late twenties and a woman in her late 40s I put it into the Mature category. Someone else mentioned Erotic Couplings would be a better fit. I was wondering if there was a guide somewhere as to what stories fit better in which categories?

Just published my first story and since it features a man in his mid-to-late twenties and a woman in her late 40s I put it into the Mature category. Someone else mentioned Erotic Couplings would be a better fit. I was wondering if there was a guide somewhere as to what stories fit better in which categories?
No reason not to post that story in the mature category.

AlohaDave’s link is the textbook answer to just about all such questions, but I’d probably put in Mature.

Welcome! I hope your tale does well.

Welcome 👋👋👋

And what they said.

Emily

My thoughts on this frequently asked question are always, if there's overlap it doesn't make a lot of difference. I say this because if authors are so frequently confused, then readers would be nuts to confine themselves to one category. Not to say that we don't have a lot of nutsy members on this web site, but I would think most readers would do what I do, peruse two or three categories.

Yes. I just discovered the "Love Your Readers" in another thread. It was suggested in "Similar Threads" after I posted this. Thanks, everyone!!!

Back