The incest/taboo category

True. I understand that. Not everyone has a thick skin. But sometimes I think the "you should avoid negative comments at all costs" perspective is so predominant in this forum that it obscures the fact that there's another way to look at it, and new authors, in particular, who are debating where to post their stories, should be aware of another perspective.

It's not about stats. It's readers. To me, that's what it's all about: connecting with readers. The rest is fluff. I don't make money from this, so my reward is knowing that as many readers as possible read and enjoy what I've written. Views and favorites and comments are far better indicators of whether I have achieved that goal than scores.
Well, again this conversation is really about the person, and yes, I agree there's a little too much 'avoid at all costs" type mentality here, but I do think its worth bringing up as in "This could happen, now you do you."

I'm also going to put my neck in the noose and say the newer crowd are far more the type to 'avoid at all cost" anything negative, you see it here in discussions, very easily bent out of shape.

And I think we're playing with semantics...readers equal stats in most ways.

It really doesn't matter, what does is doing what works for you that's why I mentioned your "strategy" is to go one way, and bringing up there's another way some prefer to go.

Well, again this conversation is really about the person, and yes, I agree there's a little too much 'avoid at all costs" type mentality here, but I do think its worth bringing up as in "This could happen, now you do you."

I'm also going to put my neck in the noose and say the newer crowd are far more the type to 'avoid at all cost" anything negative, you see it here in discussions, very easily bent out of shape.

And I think we're playing with semantics...readers equal stats in most ways.

It really doesn't matter, what does is doing what works for you that's why I mentioned your "strategy" is to go one way, and bringing up there's another way some prefer to go.

I agree with all of that.

Back