How do you contact literotica?

FreyaGersemi

Writer of Sexy Stuff
I have three short stories that I submitted and they have been staggered across three consecutive days. What is the best way to contact Laurel to see if they can all go up on the same day. I submitted them all within a minute of each other (in a certain order). Or do I just take them down and put something in the notes and get back in the queue? Thanks.

I was kind of hoping they would go up sooner rather than later, because I have a backlog of submissions, but in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it matters a ton when they go up. But they do all do go together (and they are short, so I don't want readers to lose interest). Maybe I should have just submitted they all as one story, although they are a trilogy kind of thing under very distinct and separate headings...

If you can, head back into the submission portal and spell out your wishes in a "Note" at the bottom of the window, for each submission. Like, specifically say you want "this one" to post first, then "that one" three days later or whatever. Usually they honor those requests.

I would follow up by PMing Laurel here on the forum side. Be succinct and she'll be happy to help.

Good luck!

You could PM her, although it is hard to say if and when she will reply. You could also edit your submissions to add a note to admin in which you could ask for all three stories to be published on the same day.

I have three short stories that I submitted and they have been staggered across three consecutive days. What is the best way to contact Laurel to see if they can all go up on the same day. I submitted them all within a minute of each other (in a certain order). Or do I just take them down and put something in the notes and get back in the queue? Thanks.
If they're all three in the same category she might not have wanted to clog up the new daily category list for one author, since there's not a lot of real estate there.

If they're all three in the same category she might not have wanted to clog up the new daily category list for one author, since there's not a lot of real estate there.
Ah. That makes sense. Oh, well. I guess in three days (when they are all up) it won't really matter. In the future I won't try to be so clever.

Always put Notes to the Editor when you want anything done regarding timing of release, and put the same note in every submission.

If you submit a minute apart they should end up being very close together in the queue, ideally next to each other.

If Laurel thinks the best strategy is a staggered release (and I'd trust her on that), then she'll clear them all together, then set a 24 hour release clock. If they're already staggered (which from your post, they appear to be), I'd leave them.

Also, trust your readers to figure it out. They're clever too.

And remember, in a month, none of this release timing stuff matters at all.

Now when I submit a series, and it's obviously a sequential series of the same story, I upload them all at once, and Laurel automatically trickles them out one story per day. You said your three stories are related, so that may be in play here. I've done that with a 12-chapter story, and she spaced them out, a day at a time.

Works for me.

Just to update anyone who cares (and to wrap this thread up on a very positive note), my three stories went up on three consecutive days instead of my original "all at once" intention. And it was ABSOLUTELY the right call by Laurel/Literotica! Having them spread over three days, seemed to build anticipation for the next installment and the comments that I got were the best I've gotten for any story thus far!!

The moral of the story: I must remember to never question Laurel!!

🤗

Back