Anyone Wanna FAWC?

*snerk*

What do you mean, "if?" I assumed that was a given. ;)

Actually if we are going into the chain category incest along with gm could get seriously flamed

Or can you pick a category withon chain? I have never done one before.

Besides my entry is up for grabs as we hav not decided theme yet.

If we're going for clever writing and celebrating the variety of treatments that come from a single premise, who cares if the story gets flamed in the voting? If we're going for ratings and "king of the mountain" wins over each other, I'm not really interested. There would be nothing special or particularly noble in that.

Actually if we are going into the chain category incest along with gm could get seriously flamed

Or can you pick a category withon chain? I have never done one before.

Besides my entry is up for grabs as we hav not decided theme yet.

The only requirements for a chain story is that all stories are based on a similar theme or premise. That's it. So if, for instance, we go with Pilot's suggestion above, the only similarities between stories would be that each main character is a writer of erotica. What happens in the story after that is completely up to you.

If we're going for clever writing and celebrating the variety of treatments that come from a single premise, who cares if the story gets flamed in the voting? If we're going for ratings and "king of the mountain" wins over each other, I'm not really interested. There would be nothing special or particularly noble in that.

This. The whole idea of FAWC is to see how readers interpret stories when they don't explicitly know who wrote them. That's it. Nothing more glamorous than that. If a story gets bombed, it gets bombed. Nothing we can do about it. What it all boils down to is us, as writers, having fun with a shared premise.

Maybe the pilot has something, the story is about the author, somehow, and what they endure to bring their creations forth.

The hours of research and gallons of lube expended to bring smut, er erotica into the 21st Century!

And then they go to to a party. Oh I did it again?:eek:

The only requirements for a chain story is that all stories are based on a similar theme or premise. That's it. So if, for instance, we go with Pilot's suggestion above, the only similarities between stories would be that each main character is a writer of erotica. What happens in the story after that is completely up to you.

This. The whole idea of FAWC is to see how readers interpret stories when they don't explicitly know who wrote them. That's it. Nothing more glamorous than that. If a story gets bombed, it gets bombed. Nothing we can do about it. What it all boils down to is us, as writers, having fun with a shared premise.

I'll reply to you because I have Pilot on ignore.

Its not about top dog or king of the mountain, I was simply pointing out that certain things could get you trashed in an "open readership" category.

Whether scores matter or not I don't think anyone sets out to piss the readers off by having them "stumble into" something they didn;t plan on.

As for the topic of an erotica author and his work coming to life?

My last story was literally that. A kid who writes erotica for fun on a site similar to lit keeps writing stories about his teacher. In fact his internet id is Hot4teacher.

The story starts out with his story and it seems he's screwing his teacher then he gets interrupted and you find out it was his "latest" work.

he accidentally submits that story instead of his assignment to the teacher and when she confronts him wit it....well you know....

It would have worked and it was in mature not incest so there!:D

While we are waiting on a topic (maybe you should just declare one, Slyc, and get on with it), a few logistical points, which I think Slyc also should just declare.

How do you want us to obtain an e-mail address to attach the stories to?

The question came up of whether multiple stories can be entered. I vote yes, as that would permit authors to exercise their main genre and test a different one as well--and also might add mirth on what the author did/could do outside of their main haunts. But a decision has to be stated (if it has been, I missed it).

A common note up front needs to be established on what this exercise is. Suggest Slyc just provide that as well.

Think it needs to be established that the stories should come with a descriptor slug and tags (with a common tag, given by Slyc) to be included--so that Slyc doesn't have to try to provide these or ask for them.

The dates I think we need are a submissions deadline date, with Slyc submitting them all one or two days later, as close together as possible, with the request to Laurel that they be posted as close together as possible, and a drop-dead date when final stats are going to be provided (view/votes/story favorites/number of comments). If it looks like anyone going to use this for one-upmanship, of course, we could just dispense with giving the stats.

OK?

And wouldn't it be nice of the authors just left their backbiting at home on this? I'm game for that. This shouldn't be a "I'm better than you" competition. If an author plans on doing that, I suggest that he/she just not play in this exercise.

Maybe the pilot has something, the story is about the author, somehow, and what they endure to bring their creations forth.

I really do like this idea. It keeps everything open to interpretation.

Its not about top dog or king of the mountain, I was simply pointing out that certain things could get you trashed in an "open readership" category.

Whether scores matter or not I don't think anyone sets out to piss the readers off by having them "stumble into" something they didn;t plan on.

Each story will have a disclaimer stating to the reader what to expect. For instance, if a story includes a were-unicorn having sex with a MILF, the disclaimer will mention something along those lines. This way, it warns readers as to what to expect and gives them the option to back out before they read too much.

While we are waiting on a topic (maybe you should just declare one, Slyc, and get on with it), a few logistical points, which I think Slyc also should just declare.

How do you want us to obtain an e-mail address to attach the stories to?

The question came up of whether multiple stories can be entered. I vote yes, as that would permit authors to exercise their main genre and test a different one as well--and also might add mirth on what the author did/could do outside of their main haunts. But a decision has to be stated (if it has been, I missed it).

A common note up front needs to be established on what this exercise is. Suggest Slyc just provide that as well.

Think it needs to be established that the stories should come with a descriptor slug and tags (with a common tag, given by Slyc) to be included--so that Slyc doesn't have to try to provide these or ask for them.

The dates I think we need are a submissions deadline date, with Slyc submitting them all one or two days later, as close together as possible, with the request to Laurel that they be posted as close together as possible, and a drop-dead date when final stats are going to be provided (view/votes/story favorites/number of comments). If it looks like anyone going to use this for one-upmanship, of course, we could just dispense with giving the stats.

OK?

And wouldn't it be nice of the authors just left their backbiting at home on this? I'm game for that. This shouldn't be a "I'm better than you" competition. If an author plans on doing that, I suggest that he/she just not play in this exercise.

Once everyone commits, I'll PM each author with an email to send their stories to. Then I'll upload them from this account.

I see no problems with multiple stories. Have at it. ;)

So let's get on with it.

My following post will list due dates and the "reveal" date.

[SIZE=+2]"Do You Want To FAWC?"[/SIZE]
Writing Challenge #1

Unless there is major outcry against this theme, I suggest we go with sr71plt's suggestion that each story is centered around an author (erotic or otherwise) as the main character. What happens during the story is up to the individual writer. Any and every category is up for grabs, but keep in mind that the stories will not actually be posted to that category. All submissions to the Friendly Anonymous Writing Challenge will be posted through this account (FAWCker) in the Chain Stories category.

Each story's title will be "FAWC #1: (Your Title)."

Deadline: all stories must be emailed to me by June 1st. Please include all story tags and what you wish me to include as a description. I will then place all stories in the queue the following day, June 2nd. They post when they post.

If you wish to commit to this challenge, please PM me and I will respond with an email address that you will send your submission(s) to.

On Saturday, June 22nd, I will announce the "winner" of the contest. Again, there are no actual prizes being awarded for this challenge except the satisfaction of writing.

We can continue to use this thread to discuss our progress, to post or answer questions, and anything else in general. Please do not provide any details about your story in this thread or to anyone else. To help ensure the anonymous nature of the contest, readers (some of whom lurk here) should not be given any tips as to who is writing what.

Each story will include a disclaimer, as follows:

This story is a submission to the first Friendly Anonymous Writing Challenge (FAWC). The true author of this story is kept anonymous, but will be revealed on June 22nd, 2013, in the comments section following this story. Each of the stories in this challenge are centered around the common theme of the main character being an author who then experiences the erotic and/or unusual events he or she writes about. There are no prizes given in this challenge; this is simply a friendly competition.

There will then follow another short disclaimer. For example:

This story includes the themes of erotic horror and non-consensual sex.

If the above disclaimers need to include more information, or needs to be re-worded, by all means, I am open to suggestion.

To sum up:

Theme: Main character is an author who experiences what he/she writes.
Deadline: June 1st
Winner Revealed: June 22nd (and the authors' names will be posted to the comments section of each story)

Everyone ready? :D

Last edited:

Yes, please include the ten story tags when you submit your story, so I won't have to guess ;)

And the descriptor too, I presume? (Maybe with the slug "FAWC:" in front of it?)

Yes. I didn't address the issue of titles either, did I?

Let me amend that.

ETA: Post #60 amended. ;)

Last edited:
Three authors already on board. Where are the rest of you? :p

Updated Post #60 with a title for the challenge:

FAWC: Wicked Writings

:devil:

Last edited:
I've got an idea already and will start at it tomorrow. But I have a question, are we running these through editors or are we self editing and hoping for the best? The main reason I ask is my editor is not capable of snap editing on a deadline.

I've got an idea already and will start at it tomorrow. But I have a question, are we running these through editors or are we self editing and hoping for the best? The main reason I ask is my editor is not capable of snap editing on a deadline.

Gosh, I think we self-edit.

1) For a friendly, non-prize contest like this - let's lay it all bare!
2) Timing issues Saxon mentioned

For instance, if a story includes a were-unicorn having sex with a MILF....

:p

ROFLMAO! OK, I better be in! I will give it some thought, LOL. You'll know whose story it is if you find one with breakfast sausages and pancake batter on it. At least it will be nicely ironed! if not edited.
:D

ETA to add proposed cover pic.
(Pygmalion and Galatea, of course.)

pygmalion_and_galatea.jpg

Last edited:

Well, we've got about two weeks to do this. If your editor can fit that in, cool. But as Bucky points out:

Gosh, I think we self-edit.

1) For a friendly, non-prize contest like this - let's lay it all bare!

;)

:p

ROFLMAO! OK, I better be in! I will give it some thought, LOL. You'll know whose story it is if you find one with breakfast sausages and pancake batter on it. At least it will be nicely ironed! if not edited.
:D

ETA to add proposed cover pic.
(Pygmalion and Galatea, of course.)

pygmalion_and_galatea.jpg

Hey, I said no details! :p

Send me a PM, Naoko, so you can get the email. ;)

ETA: in response to something you posted in the Naked Party, the story does not have to have the things the writer writes come true; the description of the writer "experiencing what he/she writes" is left vague to allow for broad interpretation.

Last edited:
After reading your post to Naoko, and going back and reading the challenge, I think I might have been making this more complicated than it actually is.

The way it looks to me now is that we can write anything we like as long as the main character (protagonist) is an author.

Correct?

After reading your post to Naoko, and going back and reading the challenge, I think I might have been making this more complicated than it actually is.

The way it looks to me now is that we can write anything we like as long as the main character (protagonist) is an author.

Correct?

Pretty much. The idea was to keep it as open-ended as possible to allow for individual interpretation.

I've just finished a series that featured a female author. I've been writing individual, standalone stories using the same characters. These stories are not tied to the original series.

I was just about to start on another one of these stories. Any objection to reusing this character for this challenge?

Because it will not have the same name as the other stories, and won't be posted under my author name, I doubt anyone will even make the connection.

Pretty much. The idea was to keep it as open-ended as possible to allow for individual interpretation.

Yes, but . . . The disclaimer says "Each of the stories in this challenge is centered around the common theme of the main character being an author who then experiences the erotic and/or unusual events he or she writes about."

The more you water the challenge down, the less of a challenge it is. I'll be writing to the challenge as stated. And I'd hope that those comparing stories will give props to those who can deliver closest to the challenge.

FWIW I'm against using recurring or previously written characters.

There is enough of that crap that goes on in the theme contests here. with the "chapter/no chapter game"

Seeing this is a "challenge" it should be challenging.

"slipping into" characters an author has a lot of experience with waters down the concept. I have characters that at this point I know like the back of my hand, it would be an advantage to use them in any contest.

My opinion of course, I'm not running the show here.

Last edited:
Back