Any interest in a story event for non-white characters?

I have a story which was planned for @Altissimus' karaoke event.
It's based (very loosely) off the song Cupid by Fifty Fifty.

It's about the Greek god Cupid who indeed has the body of a Greek god, and he resents that he is represented as a fat baby in modern culture.

At any rate, he sees an Asian woman (essentially the character from the song) who is struggling to find love, and he finds a match for her. He shoots her with one of his arrows, but when he is about to shoot the man he has chosen for her, he realizes that the man is actually a terrible person (why idk yet). Upon learning this, he decides to find a different match for her, and he shoves his arrow back in his quiver in disgust.

And pokes himself through the quiver.
"Cupid is so dumb." as the song says.

That would be IR, since he is white-ish, and she is Asian.

If you host this event, I'd be down to write in it, perhaps

It's about the Greek god Cupid who indeed has the body of a Greek god, and he resents that he is represented as a fat baby in modern culture.

At any rate, he sees an Asian woman (essentially the character from the song) who is struggling to find love, and he finds a match for her. He shoots her with one of his arrows, but when he is about to shoot the man he has chosen for her, he realizes that the man is actually a terrible person (why idk yet). Upon learning this, he decides to find a different match for her, and he shoves his arrow back in his quiver in disgust.

Technically the greek god is Eros. His fat baby depiction is because of christianity, iirc. The Romans called him Cupid, though.

Don't you mean the Greek god Eros?
/Pedant
Technically the greek god is Eros. His fat baby depiction is because of christianity, iirc. The Romans called him Cupid, though.
See, I resisted posting the above. I mean until now, to show I resisted it.

Don't you mean the Greek god Eros?
/Pedant

See, I resisted posting the above. I mean until now, to show I resisted it.
I'm never pedantic on purpose. Sometimes my brain doesn't fully think. It dawned on me a while after I said that.

Back