Amorous Goods, A Literotica Anthology Series - Season Two

jaF0

Watcher
This is a recap of last year's story event outline:

Amorous Goods, A Literotica Anthology Series

In television and movies, an anthology series consists of multiple stories written by different authors using a common theme or core story concept. This will be the goal here, for authors to write their own original stories using the basic premise outlined below. Authors should create and develop their own characters as customers of the store, the objects involved and the effect they have on the characters while retaining some contact with the store and the main characters who run it.

Stories may also feature the main characters and the business itself as described and named in the Story Ideas thread.

The general concept uses the structure of the TV show "Friday the 13th, The Series" which spawned the ideas for other shows such as 'Buffy, The Vampire Slayer' and 'Warehouse 13', among others. Authors who choose to participate should familiarize themselves with the series Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday...th:_The_Series

Story titles should be formatted as 'Amorous Goods: (custom story title)' to help keep within the concept and help readers find connected stories. The following Prologue or a close variation should also be included at the beginning of each story submission for the same reason:

----------------

Prologue:

A lifelong collector of goods and objects from far and wide has passed and left the entire collection and the business built around them to the only remaining relative, a niece on a career path of her own. Vikki has taken on the task of administering the estate and liquidating the business and collection. However, she has come to find out that many of the goods have been cursed or enchanted with amorous powers that affect those who encounter them. These are the stories of some of those encounters with objects found at Amorous Goods.

-----------------------

If you choose to alter the above, be sure to include a similar last line mentioning the store name.

Authors can choose any Literotica category, just as they would with any other submission. While there are no real rules outside of Literotica's general rules for submissions, I'd rather not see them get too far into horror and gore or scream queen type content. Preference would be more towards light horror with erotic or comedic overtones. Think of films like 'High Spirits' if you deal with hauntings or ghosts for example. There should be elements of mystery and some unexpected turns.

There is an ongoing thread in the Story Ideas forum with further information and concept development that can be considered a story runner: https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1527427 Discussion can be carried out and questions posed there. There are a few issues to be worked out and a main character or two that need to be developed if anyone cares to volunteer.

Open to all authors provided they read and understand the concept.

Admin requests that writers include the phrase "AMOROUS GOODS" in the "Notes to Admin" field so that they can find the stories and add them to the challenge.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there is a Halloween story contest happening in October. Authors can enter their Amorous Goods tale in both the Halloween contest AND the Amorous Good anthology. Since the challenge is not a contest, there's no conflict.

The Story Ideas thread linked above is open and active for discussion. Authors can begin working on their stories as soon as they have time, but submissions will have to wait until October to be eligible for the Halloween Contest. I intend for this anthology to be open ended, so stories can be added afterwards also.​

Last year's announcement thread:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1527558

There were about 30 stories last year. Maybe there will be more this year?

So, get your mysterious and spookey on. Make 'em creepy & kookey and all together oookey (Ooppps, wrong show!)

Sketched out a man-turned-enslaved-lover story, but decided to go for a shorter, easier gargoyle skit. It's fun to see that there's another opportunity!

What dates are we looking at?

Authors can begin working on their stories as soon as they have time, but submissions will have to wait until October to be eligible for the Halloween Contest.

Last year I think everyone waited until October to submit so they could be in the Halloween contest. If you don't care about the contest, maybe still wait until September so they're sort of clustered together.

Last year I think everyone waited until October to submit so they could be in the Halloween contest. If you don't care about the contest, maybe still wait until September so they're sort of clustered together.

September sounds good. I’d better get started so I’ll have it finished in time. :rolleyes:

Pity bump out of curiosity to see if anybody has anything in the cauldron.

Pity bump out of curiosity to see if anybody has anything in the cauldron.

I have two first drafts from last year I am bushing off.

Also, I posted a short and fast one about a two months back featuring a younger years Morgana Delacroix and how she came to hear about Amorous Goods in the first place. Not so much a complete back story, more of a random adventure she once had at some point. In part to gage if people wanted a second season Amorous Goods. A surprising number of people voted on it, granted they voted it down, but that at least meant they read part of it.

https://www.literotica.com/s/witch-problems

People decided last year that instead of a 'Jack' character there would be " in this forum and turned Jack into a hot, older woman named Morgana Delacroix. She's referred to as an occultist and a witch and she has personal knowledge of how good old Uncle collected and used some of the items."

AG back? AWESOME!

Guys I missed you all and I was looking for a series like ours for a second attempt at writing.

I'm so happy to know it's official and we're aiming at October yet again! Right now I have much on my plate as I published a pilot to my series and I'm going crazy at some final exams of my private life.

As soon as I get rid off my main projects, I wanna come back to terror/erotic stories as they are my favorite genre.

About editors and volunteers, I've been having a hard time lately on this forum, no pun intended.

Got 4 rejections after asking for help and one that agreed to review it, but after I send my (non-AG) story to him, he probably ghosted me or something.

I was afraid of foul play and right away published my story (thanks admins for not rejecting it for bad grammar or something).

Next time, I'll go for a mutual review as the quid pro quo goes way better IMO.

By the way, I asked that last year, but I didn't find out the answer: who won 2020's Halloween contest? I only found your stories, but couldn't read all of them. You guys were great, btw, I felt creatively dry next to you!

I really like this anthology concept and I have a great idea for it. I just haven't been able to turn my attention to it yet. My Halloween contest story first draft is done, so that shouldn't get in the way despite the revisions I have to make to it. I think I have time to work on this.

My story will be about a psychotherapist who buys something at the store that has sex/mind control properties, giving the psychotherapist unusual -- and easy to abuse -- powers over the sexual behavior of his patients. I hope I can get it done for this event.

I didn't do one last year, but I'm toying around with an oddly shaped, metallic colored item thought to be an incense burner, but proves to be something else --- batteries not included.

I really like this anthology concept and I have a great idea for it. I just haven't been able to turn my attention to it yet. My Halloween contest story first draft is done, so that shouldn't get in the way despite the revisions I have to make to it. I think I have time to work on this.
I have thoughts on something that would fit this, and also weave back to one of my earlier characters. But if I announce details I'll be sure to get the Curse of Simon Doom and never get it written in time. Also, there's the Tribute to Mickey Spillane anthology, for which I have a page of notes...

This is why I rarely do contests and anthologies - which story to do first? Solution: another one...

Her goal was to liquidate the entire estate and go back to her former life. But as she found the complications, she also found it would take much longer and ended up becoming her new life.

Rally, watching the first few episodes of 'Friday The 13th, The Series' would give you an idea of how it flows.

Cannon: List of Characters?

Is there an official list of characters and locations for this anthology? I've read the rules and storyline thread from last year as well as perusing several submissions from last year but I'm not sure about the older character, the location of the shop, the layout of the shop, etc.

What I think I gathered so far, and please correct my mistakes...

Vikki - The main character who makes at least a cameo appearance in each story but may get involved with the "protagonist of the week." She's in her mid-late 20s, attractive (but approachable) with an athletic build, who converses easily with her customers. As the only living blood-relative she inherited the shop from a rich, eccentric, uncle (great-uncle?) who had ammassed a sizeable collection of odd artifacts from around the world, some of which carry an enchantment or curse that only seem to affect certain people.

Dylan - Vikki's cousin on the "other side" of the family; he's not a blood-relative of the deceased uncle. Dylan is also in his mid-late 20's. His appearance is nondescript, but not unattractive (perhaps a slim, bookish appearance?) He's a bit socially awkward and often says things without really predicting how others will receive it; sometimes he sticks his foot in his mouth, sometimes his bluntness comes across as being rude. Like Vikki, Dylan makes at least a cameo appearance in each episode and may have deeper interactions with the weekly story.

Older character - A man named Marshall? A woman named Morgana DeLacroix? I'm confused on this character, I've seen each mentioned at least once, but haven't seen anything definitive about either. Are they somewhat interchangeable with each other so that either can be used depending on what's needed for the story? Please enlighten me on this character(s).

The shop - "Amorous Goods" seems to be in the mansion where the deceased uncle lived. Is this a stately country manor that people have to drive to, or is this more like an ornate townhouse in the city that's within walking distance from other shops and restaurants? In what city is the shop located? One story mentioned Toronto, but having a character named Morgana DeLacroix and the suggestions that the mansion was once a bodello hints that maybe the shop is in New Orleans. Perhaps "the shop" consists of two different buildings; the larger shop is in the country and contains most of the artifacts (and dungeon,) while there is also a townhouse near the city center that looks more like an antique shop with a window near the street where pedestrians can see a few of the artifacts displayed? Who lives in the mansion(s) now? Vikki? Dylan? The older character(s)? I need some guidance here.

Thanks.

Is there an official list of characters and locations for this anthology? I've read the rules and storyline thread from last year as well as perusing several submissions from last year but I'm not sure about the older character, the location of the shop, the layout of the shop, etc.

Vikki - The main character who makes at least a cameo appearance in each story but may get involved with the "protagonist of the week." She's in her mid-late 20s, attractive (but approachable) with an athletic build, who converses easily with her customers. As the only living blood-relative she inherited the shop from a rich, eccentric, uncle (great-uncle?) who had ammassed a sizeable collection of odd artifacts from around the world, some of which carry an enchantment or curse that only seem to affect certain people.

Dylan - Vikki's cousin on the "other side" of the family; he's not a blood-relative of the deceased uncle. Dylan is also in his mid-late 20's. His appearance is nondescript, but not unattractive (perhaps a slim, bookish appearance?) He's a bit socially awkward and often says things without really predicting how others will receive it; sometimes he sticks his foot in his mouth, sometimes his bluntness comes across as being rude. Like Vikki, Dylan makes at least a cameo appearance in each episode and may have deeper interactions with the weekly story.

Older character - A man named Marshall? A woman named Morgana DeLacroix? I'm confused on this character, I've seen each mentioned at least once, but haven't seen anything definitive about either. Are they somewhat interchangeable with each other so that either can be used depending on what's needed for the story? Please enlighten me on this character(s).

The shop - "Amorous Goods" seems to be in the mansion where the deceased uncle lived. Is this a stately country manor that people have to drive to, or is this more like an ornate townhouse in the city that's within walking distance from other shops and restaurants? In what city is the shop located? One story mentioned Toronto, but having a character named Morgana DeLacroix and the suggestions that the mansion was once a bodello hints that maybe the shop is in New Orleans. Perhaps "the shop" consists of two different buildings; the larger shop is in the country and contains most of the artifacts (and dungeon,) while there is also a townhouse near the city center that looks more like an antique shop with a window near the street where pedestrians can see a few of the artifacts displayed? Who lives in the mansion(s) now? Vikki? Dylan? The older character(s)? I need some guidance here.

Thanks.

Older character - In the TV series the older character was Jack, it was change for this series, most people decided last year that instead of a 'Jack' character there would be Morgana Delacroix. In part because there is more you can do with a older sexy witch than with the creepy old pervert from the TV series my notes to my self on this character " in this forum and turned Jack into a hot, older woman named Morgana Delacroix. She's referred to as an occultist and a witch and she has personal knowledge of how good old Uncle collected and used some of the items."

The shop - Someone came up with a mansion in or around Boston. If I remember right it had been owned by the rich spice merchant family McCormick, the family fell on hard times sometime around world war one and were forced to sell.

Clove buds and cinnamon made a large amount of money for many Boston families. In real life the Endicott family and others would be the type of family and mansion that would be the source of inspiration for the fictional McCormick family. As in Endicott College, William Crowninshield Endicott, John Endicott. That Endicott family.

There was also talk last year that there might be more than one location, in part as some people already had a story part written in New Orleans or where ever. Most people agreed that ornate townhouse in the city that's within walking distance from other shops and restaurants. In real life the area north of Boston Swampscott Massachusetts would be the most likely place for such a mansion, but someone wanted it to be on "a hill overlooking the rest of city." so maybe Beacon hill or Downtown Crossing area within Boston. I think everyone agreed that the shop could consist of two different buildings.

"Perhaps "the shop" consists of two different buildings; the larger shop is in the country and contains most of the artifacts (and dungeon,) while there is also a townhouse near the city center that looks more like an antique shop with a window near the street where pedestrians can see a few of the artifacts displayed?" I think this is the concept that most people followed and were on board with last year.

Lewis Vendredi made a deal with the devil to sell cursed antiques. But he broke the pact, and it cost him his soul. Now, his niece Micki, and her cousin Ryan have inherited the store... and with it, the curse. Now they must get everything back, and the real terror begins.
— prologue that opened the first episode of the third season

An antique dealer named Lewis Vendredi (played by R.G. Armstrong; "Vendredi" means "Friday" in French) has made a deal with the Devil to sell cursed antiques out of his shop, "Vendredi's Antiques", in exchange for wealth, magic powers, and immortality. In the show's first episode ("The Inheritance"), he rebels against the Devil and breaks the deal. The Devil kills Vendredi and claims his soul for breaking the deal.

After Lewis' death, his shop is inherited by his niece, Micki Foster (played by Louise Robey, credited without her first name, as "Robey") and her cousin by marriage, Ryan Dallion (played by John D. LeMay). They decide not to keep the store, and sell off many of the cursed antiques before being stopped by Jack Marshak (played by Chris Wiggins). Jack was Lewis' friend, a retired world-traveller and occultist who originally collected many of the antiques for Vendredi before they became cursed.

The series follows the protagonists as they hunt down the cursed antiques, which are usually in the possession of people who have discovered their magic powers and are unwilling to give them up. In some cases the object is in the possession of the one who originally discovers its magic power ("The Inheritance", "What a Mother Wouldn't Do"), while in others (e. g. "Tales of the Undead", "A Cup of Time", "Vanity's Mirror", "Read my Lips", "The Mephisto Ring", "The Prisoner") another person has learned of the object's power and obtained it before the object is recovered. Since the cursed antiques are completely indestructible, they must be locked away in a vault beneath "Curious Goods" (the rechristened antique store) that is designed to magically render the objects inert. A manifest, written by Lewis, holds the records of all the cursed objects sold by him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Series

Friday-th-13th-the-series.jpg

Micky Foster (Nikki), Jack Marshack (Morgana or undefined), Ryan Dallion (Undefined)

1.jpg

The shop, Curious Goods.

The mansion idea was something to avoid ripping off the TV series too directly, but perhaps they take some of the items to a city to help liquidate, or as a base to investigate and recover the more dangerous ones.

Again, you can either feature the characters and make your episode revolve around them, or use them as sort of walk-ons and feature your own characters.

Thanks, jaF0 and Lovecraft_lore2, for the additional input. I think that clears up a little of my confusion but doesn't really resolve everything for me. Maybe that's the charm of an anthology series: Relationships between primary characters is consistent in each story/episode, but the less important details, such as the name of a city or the year the story takes place, can change and it's those differences in the less important details that alters the flavor of each author's description of what happened.

Stories such as Romeo and Juliette or A Christmas Carol have been remade in film dozens of times and they are often recreated with the setting of the story altered but the interaction between the characters true to the original.

With the Amorous Goods anthology we have a single, primary protagonist, Vikki (Nikki?,) who appears in each story, we have a shop filled with items that are somehow enchanted that may affect one or more people, the shop always bears the same name, Amorous Goods, and the way that Vikki inherited the shop from a deceased uncle also remains consistent. Outside of those things we have the details of lesser importance: Maybe the shop is in Boston, maybe it's in London, maybe it's in Cairo. The exact location is not of prime significance and the story teller may choose the setting to make it easier to convey their story. The other reoccurring characters may also vary as needed for a particular episode: One story may require the older character to be Morgana De Lacroix and another story may require the older character to be male. Maybe Vikki employs all these older characters in her store at various times and they happen to show up as needed.

In an anthology series such as this one, the same story could be told from the perspective of different eras. If one author writes a story using Morgana and the shop is located in modern day New Orleans, how would the readers' perception of the main storyline change if the shop was suddenly transported to Victorian era London, or to Chicago during the height of gangster/prohibition days, or to the American wild-west, or to Berlin during the cold-war?

With all that out of my system now, I think I can report having two unique stories in work, one requires the older character to be male and the other requires the older character to be female. One story is more flushed-out than the other and I may drop some excerpts from that story in this thread in another week or so if there is any interest.

Thanks in advance for the interest and support. It's well passed time for me to write somthing for Lit again. A sixteen year hiatus is too long.

Thanks.

The shop is a mansion, it's layout is like a junky antique store, Vikki and Dylan live in it, Morgana does't, but stays over night based on whatever item she's researching, as their expert on cursed items, occult stuff. I don't think it's location to what city is important. There's not too much concrete about it. I didn't read every submission, but I think my two spoke more about the characters and the store. I don't think they were intended to be a large part, more of a plot to move a plot.

From memory, I had the mansion in the northeast of the USA. It was in a now seedy/rundown part of town. My idea was it was owned by an industrial tycoon who had his house close to his empire.

My character didn't spend much time in the store. Bought a watch off Dylan and left.

Amorous Goods: The Stone Ax Head

I've completed two chapters so far. Here is the second completed chapter in its entirety to pique your interest and elicit your critique.

"Why won't you go out with me?"

"Because you're my cousin."

"How do you know we're cousins?* We don't have the same last name, so we know our fathers aren't brothers.* Is your mom my dad's sister, or is your dad my mom's brother, or are your mom and my mom sisters?* No one's ever explained it to us.* It's like nobody knows, or they do know and they know we're not really cousins."

"Dylan, we're not going to have this conversation again."

"Why not? You're hot and I'm... well, just look at me..."

Vikki was used to Dylan's awkward advances, sometimes she even enjoyed their verbal sparring, but this time she was starting to tire of it and let out an exasperated sigh, "Ugh!"

The small brass bell above the shop door sounded, breaking up their meeting of the minds and announcing the arrival of a visitor.* Vikki and Dylan turned to look but neither one recognized the creature coming through the door.

Half of her matted hair clung to her face and neck and the rest stuck out from her head at odd angles.* The skin visible on her face, arms, and legs was bruised and covered with deep scratches.* Her blouse hung, partially open, and her skirt was ripped from the hem to the waistband revealing a completely naked leg.* She was muddied from her head to her feet, soaking wet, and her hollow eyes were stretched wide in terror.

"Lydia!?"* Vikki gasped.

"Help, me.* Please.* Help me," Lydia squeaked before falling forward into an unconcious heap on the shop floor.

Last edited:
Back