Alaska is Just 15 Minutes from Anchorage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's beautiful ,but not for me ,I prefer somewhere warmer in winter .

Silly me! I thought Anchorage was actually in Alaska!

It's Inuit and First Nations or native. Not Eskimo and indian. Indians come form India.

The Inuit were last of what we call natives. Not usually included as First Nations people.

If you don't feel for the natives. Never complain about immigration.

The Inuit were last of what we call natives. Not usually included as First Nations people.

If you don't feel for the natives. Never complain about immigration.

We're all immigrants on this continent.

I don't anymore than for any other conquered people in the history books and I'll bitch about immigration all the fuck I wan't.

Bullshit I was born and raised here :cool:

Oops, sons of immigrants.....or whatever.

tumblr_nvxnv5DJKL1tb45pdo1_540.jpg

Oops, sons of immigrants.....or whatever.

Home is home :D

I really can't wait to get up there.

Only question is do I go full blown crazy remote? Like need a choppa to drop me off, hike into my plot and do the damn thing, set up life and give the world the fingah??

Or do I keep some running water, internet, farm a little extra pocket cash on the side doing farmers markets and such?

How different is the panhandle from the south shore to the interior culturally?

I do worry about how unwelcome I might be getting real remote too.

Home is home :Do.

Indeed. I might say I'm a white boy, but the DNA test says there's some indigenous American in the woodpile.

I really can't wait to get up there.

Only question is do I go full blown crazy remote? Like need a choppa to drop me off, hike into my plot and do the damn thing, set up life and give the world the fingah??

Or do I keep some running water, internet, farm a little extra pocket cash on the side doing farmers markets and such?

How different is the panhandle from the south shore to the interior culturally?

I do worry about how unwelcome I might be getting real remote too.

I think you need to recon the place. It's a huge place, but private land is a premium and it can be difficult to find a remote place, depending on what you want. Running water is a luxury anyplace that's remote and freezing ass cold in winter. Internet can be spendy if available. The best farmer's market is in south Anchorage in summer. People there are more likely to spend more $$.

The panhandle (SE) is a whole different place than the rest off Alaska. It rains there. A lot. And the trees are quite large, because it rains. Did I mention it was a fucking rain forest down there? And the interior gets freezing ass cold. Cold enough to freeze booze. That's fucking cold.

Generally, if you treat people like human beings, they will do the same to you. The unwelcome folk are the ones who are the assholes. Even idiots are tolerated.

Indeed. I might say I'm a white boy, but the DNA test says there's some indigenous American in the woodpile.

I think you need to recon the place. It's a huge place, but private land is a premium and it can be difficult to find a remote place, depending on what you want. Running water is a luxury anyplace that's remote and freezing ass cold in winter. Internet can be spendy if available. The best farmer's market is in south Anchorage in summer. People there are more likely to spend more $$.

The panhandle (SE) is a whole different place than the rest off Alaska. It rains there. A lot. And the trees are quite large, because it rains. Did I mention it was a fucking rain forest down there? And the interior gets freezing ass cold. Cold enough to freeze booze. That's fucking cold.

Generally, if you treat people like human beings, they will do the same to you. The unwelcome folk are the ones who are the assholes. Even idiots are tolerated.

I do, and plan on spending my vacation time checking various parts out over the next few years. Summer and winter....It's just so big with a lot of factors to consider.

Yea, that's cold...scary quick killer cold for sure.

I like the rain forest, grew up on the south end of it in WA but I want more of a winter so I'm pretty sure I'm at least headed for the southern coast or north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back