🤪Bare it all...but not your skin...🤪

I have accidentally worn 2 different shoes to work. I do actually keep a nicer pair, along with a blazer, in case I have to suddenly improve my outfit, so I was able to at least wear a matching pair.

This is a new thing. I wear glasses for distance. My vision isn't too bad, but sometimes I need them. As I age, my computer and phone screens look blurry with them, so I am frequently taking them off and forgetting where I put them, then I grab another pair. I am also prone to pushing them on top of my head. Last week I sat in front of my laptop and went to slide them on top of my head. 2 pairs were already up there. Apparently, twice that day I couldn't find my glasses on top of my head and grabbed another pair. Getting old sucks.
Oh yeah - I am so impressed with myself when I go to put on my readers, and I am already wearing some. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I put on dark purple velvet shoes (thinking they were black without my glasses on) with a green skirt and jacket set and a cream colored shirt. To make matters worse, I wore stylish stockings with crazy designs on them that would have matched the other pair of shoes that was black sitting underneath my bed. Instead, I grabbed a similar looking pair (everything looks the same when you’re nearsighted). I was at work for 2 hours before a client mentioned it to me. Of course I forgot my glasses that day too.

I put on dark purple velvet shoes (thinking they were black without my glasses on) with a green skirt and jacket set and a cream colored shirt. To make matters worse, I wore stylish stockings with crazy designs on them that would have matched the other pair of shoes that was black sitting underneath my bed. Instead, I grabbed a similar looking pair (everything looks the same when you’re nearsighted). I was at work for 2 hours before a client mentioned it to me. Of course I forgot my glasses that day too.
…a client mentioned it... oh thanks… 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

I’ve got more…
I was getting out of my coworker’s SUV one time when I tripped on the handle of my purse between my feet. I totally face planted in the parking lot and ended up chipping my front tooth. It was the summer time and EVERYONE was outside at 8pm. I just picked up my stuff I was holding and walked fast to the condo after dusting off.

…a client mentioned it... oh thanks… 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
sometimes, that is preferable, at least if you can fix it easily. The amount of silly things I have had going on and walked around with half the day, until I finally use the restroom and notice in the mirror when washing my hands is lengthy. and usually it is an easy fix but no one ever says anything. 🤣

sometimes, that is preferable, at least if you can fix it easily. The amount of silly things I have had going on and walked around with half the day, until I finally use the restroom and notice in the mirror when washing my hands is lengthy. and usually it is an easy fix but no one ever says anything. 🤣
I worked with a lady 20+ years ago who had a truly wicked sense of humor. I miss her so much! I moved away, and lost touch. But one day she walked out of the bathroom with the TP caught in her pantyhose. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And what I admired so much was - she was the first one to tell the story, and laughed the most. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
Robin - where ever you are now, please know I miss you so much! What a joy she was in my life! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:
I worked with a lady 20+ years ago who had a truly wicked sense of humor. I miss her so much! I moved away, and lost touch. But one day she walked out of the bathroom with the TP caught in her pantyhose. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And what I admired so much was - she was the first one to tell the story, and laughed the most. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
Robin - where ever you are now, please know I miss you so much! What a joy she was in my life! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
She once got into a black firebird (she drove a black Camaro) and sat there wondering why some asshole had been smoking in her car (the ashtray was full)… before realizing it was not her car. OMG! She was so cool! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😁

hahaha. ooops.
I worked with her for 4 years, we even took a martial arts class together (she talked me into it), I eventually bought her Camaro from her… I know she got remarried, and I moved away (I think she did too). I often wonder, and hope, that she has some idea of the massive positive impact she had on my life. I don’t think she get to know that.. but I really hope that she does. Such an amazing woman. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:
I worked with her for 4 years, we even took a martial arts class together (she talked me into it), I eventually bought her Camaro from her… I know she got remarried, and I moved away (I think she did too). I often wonder, and hope, that she has some idea of the massive positive impact she had on my life. I don’t think we get to know that.. but I really hope that she does. Such an amazing woman. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
do you ever check to see if you can find her on facebook?

I once went out to get the newspaper in my boxers. Then for reasons I can’t explain - I then felt it a good idea to go to get some coffee from the bagel shop. I parked my car and took a few dollars from my car and walked to the front of the bagel shop when I realized I was in my boxers. I turned around really coolly and walked back to my car and drive home.

Yes that’s right. I got into my car and went to get the paper from the convenience store. It was only until the bagel shop that I realized I was in my boxers.

The morning after the very first time I spent the night with my (then) girlfriend. We had a long morning of fooling around, then got cleaned up and went to lunch in a pretty nice Italian place. It was only when I got up to go the restroom, walking past a row of other customers, did I realize my fly was undone and my tidy whities were shining like a lighthouse for all to see.

One of my hobbies is old bicycles.. but customized (because that is how I roll)… and I recently came across a frame for a women’s bike built in the 60’s, and it is PURPLE! How could I not want that, right? So I bought this bike frame, put together a parts list, and I personally hate standard derailleur style shifting. But I love internal hubs especially with built in coaster brakes! Back in the day, the coaster brake 3 speed bikes were the most reliable, bulletproof bikes you could have! Now they have 5 speed, even 7 or 9 speed hubs like that! OMG! So why am I an idiot? I got an amazing deal years ago on eBay for some 5 speed hubs… and bought the spokes and rim to make what I need… so I spent $80 at a bike shop to have spokes put onto my hub and rim! Then today I realized I had a 24 inch rim mounted, not the 26 inch rim I intended! So I spent all this money mounting a 24 inch rim/tire to my cool hub. I am clearly… an idiot!

One of my hobbies is old bicycles.. but customized (because that is how I roll)… and I recently came across a frame for a women’s bike built in the 60’s, and it is PURPLE! How could I not want that, right? So I bought this bike frame, put together a parts list, and I personally hate standard derailleur style shifting. But I love internal hubs especially with built in coaster brakes! Back in the day, the coaster brake 3 speed bikes were the most reliable, bulletproof bikes you could have! Now they have 5 speed, even 7 or 9 speed hubs like that! OMG! So why am I an idiot? I got an amazing deal years ago on eBay for some 5 speed hubs… and bought the spokes and rim to make what I need… so I spent $80 at a bike shop to have spokes put onto my hub and rim! Then today I realized I had a 24 inch rim mounted, not the 26 inch rim I intended! So I spent all this money mounting a 24 inch rim/tire to my cool hub. I am clearly… an idiot!
Oh no! 😫🤣

Maybe, but that’s a really cool hobby. I love taking things apart and occasionally buy things for cheap at yard sales just so I can take them apart and see if I can reassemble them in working order. I have 3 bikes in the cellar that need work; one whose tires need replacing as I tried to fill them with a two stage compressor instead of a hand pump. Live and learn.

Maybe, but that’s a really cool hobby. I love taking things apart and occasionally buy things for cheap at yard sales just so I can take them apart and see if I can reassemble them in working order. I have 3 bikes in the cellar that need work; one whose tires need replacing as I tried to fill them with a two stage compressor instead of a hand pump. Live and learn.
Old bikes are really nice projects because they are very simple, so you get to the finish line sooner and can enjoy riding them around.

I should have mentioned, I do still have the 24 inch bike I intended to use that wheel and hub on so I will probably do that today. The challenge is the hub is wider than the bike originally had, so I have to bend the frame a bit to make them work.

I haven't done anything particularly derpy in a few days, so I decided to make up for it today.

One of my earrings fell out earlier in the day, and thinking nothing of it, put it back in. It stung a little, but that happens if I don't angle it just right. Fast forward a few hours. I'm snuggling with hubby and stand up to absently touch my right earring. There's nothing there. We look around and see nothing. I reach up to take the left one out, and lo and behold, both earrings are in the same hole. They dangle, so there were no backings. No wonder it stung!

Then I get home and start making dinner. I went to salt my pasta water and salted the pan heating for chicken. I stood there staring at it for a minute with my head tilted as if it would magically rectify itself.

I'm a little concerned. The night is young!

I haven't done anything particularly derpy in a few days, so I decided to make up for it today.

One of my earrings fell out earlier in the day, and thinking nothing of it, put it back in. It stung a little, but that happens if I don't angle it just right. Fast forward a few hours. I'm snuggling with hubby and stand up to absently touch my right earring. There's nothing there. We look around and see nothing. I reach up to take the left one out, and lo and behold, both earrings are in the same hole. They dangle, so there were no backings. No wonder it stung!

Then I get home and start making dinner. I went to salt my pasta water and salted the pan heating for chicken. I stood there staring at it for a minute with my head tilted as if it would magically rectify itself.

That…. Is….. awesome!!!
🥰🥰🥰

Just a couple hours ago, I struggled to put on my glasses (over the identical glasses I was already wearing)… but earrings… that is awesome!!!

And I only very recently learned what “derpy” was, but think that seriously would make a good nickname for me. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Back