The China Pearl Inn---Part Six.

I am well at least Monday through Friday Till the 16th G G . ;)

Sf Love the Luge and Bob Sled runs. :D

Oh yuck, those things look like the people are going to go up over the side and fly off into space. I like the ski jump, while they fly off into space, they don't usually get hurt when they land. ;)

Actually I like most of the winter sports games. I am not as big a fan of the summer Olympics. This summer I saw some of the Olympics because I stayed in a hotel with a tv for a couple of days before moving in to the house.
 
Ski Jumping starts with little hops on the slops SF as you build up to full jumps. I use to compete in the Combined Nordic three jumps and then a 10K race. We used the same skis to jump and to race.

G G and HSG might recognize the type of skis we used as military skis are close to them. ;)
 
Ski Jumping starts with little hops on the slops SF as you build up to full jumps. I use to compete in the Combined Nordic three jumps and then a 10K race. We used the same skis to jump and to race.

G G and HSG might recognize the type of skis we used as military skis are close to them. ;)

You thrill seekers are nuts. :) Hawaii ended up with three feet of snow since Friday.
Nothing new happening here. Temps went up to fifty, it was really sunny earlier, but now some cloud coverage has come in. I have to find a doctor here so I can get some meds renewed. It is hard, doctors don't want to accept new patients until they find out what is happening with the political end of things. But I hope there are enough choices here that I can find someone not too far away.

Enjoy your afternoon/evening. :)

Wonder how the girls are doing.

edited to add::
Called another dr. office, taking new patients starting in Sept. 2017. :eek: But her office got me to another doctor's office so have to go pick up paperwork from them tomorrow. I am not overly thrilled as it is in Prescott Valley and I have gotten spoiled by the closeness of stuff here in Prescott so driving 20-30 minutes seems like a big deal. But, beggars can't be choosy, and from what I was told, Prescott had a whole bunch of doctors retire in the past couple of years and haven't been able to replace them so all the drs. offices are swamped.
 
Last edited:
H that was in my youth S F when I was young and foolish. Not like now when I am older and foolish. :devil:ish :D

Light snow this morning and more visitors coming. :eek:
 
I have never understood that expression "with age comes wisdom" other than as I get older I realize how dumb I was when I was younger. At thirty I realized how many dumb decisions I made in my twenties, at forty how many dumb decisions I made in my thirties, etc. I keep hoping that eventually I won't look back and see the dumb decisions of the past decade. Haven't reached that age yet, so here is hoping that I do better this decade. LOL It is amazing how we humans survive considering all the crazy stuff we do. But I guess that is where the memories come from. :rolleyes:

Slept in today for some unknown reason, so now it is dark, and that made for a very short day. I gotta get to bed earlier and get up earlier now that the days are short, otherwise, I will get nothing accomplished. Once the sun goes down, it is too cold to want to go outside. :)
 
Sounds like you had a good night and day S F. Spent the morning skiing. I do love winter :D
 
For us the worst weather forecaster is the Weather Channel..... they are seldom correct S F . We have about 6" on the ground that MOTHER Nature has given us. The slopes about 18" from all sources. ;)
 
For us the worst weather forecaster is the Weather Channel..... they are seldom correct S F . We have about 6" on the ground that MOTHER Nature has given us. The slopes about 18" from all sources. ;)

I always pictured your area under snow for the majority of winter. Six inches isn't that much. I thought it would be more like 3 feet. LOL Guess all those pictures I see of little villages in the winter make for good stereotypes. ;)
 
I always pictured your area under snow for the majority of winter. Six inches isn't that much. I thought it would be more like 3 feet. LOL Guess all those pictures I see of little villages in the winter make for good stereotypes. ;)

We seldom have storms that dump more that 6" to 12 " at a time. But like this week we have had 3" to 4" a day so it does mount up S F.

G G good to see you back i trust you held your own during the combined exercises. ;)
 
They more than held there own CG! I cannot detail events but I can say I'm glad there on our side. I'd hate to face the Brits in a real war and I would hate to face the girls. Put them in uniform and they change into total professionals. It's an honor to watch them.

I tried hunting GG, my mistake! She used that f*ck*ng doll, her medic dummy private Jones as a decoy and I fell for it! Details later, I need a bath. A hot bath and a warm bed. Sad to say not with GG but thankfully not with that doll.
 
Ah Rick you should have known better. G G and HSG are very resourceful and extremely devious . ;)

Go get a hot bath soak relax and ponder on recent events
 
Stand easy Marine just a Master Chief, no bars on my shoulders or collars Rick. ;)
I still can get a bit tipsy and rowdy with the troops. Being Coast Guard we havew a long and vewry long history with the USMC. :D
 
They more than held there own CG! I cannot detail events but I can say I'm glad there on our side. I'd hate to face the Brits in a real war and I would hate to face the girls. Put them in uniform and they change into total professionals. It's an honor to watch them.

I tried hunting GG, my mistake! She used that f*ck*ng doll, her medic dummy private Jones as a decoy and I fell for it! Details later, I need a bath. A hot bath and a warm bed. Sad to say not with GG but thankfully not with that doll.

ROFL I can't wait to hear the details. I knew she would find someway to get you, but I didn't consider Pvt Jones having a role.
 
Waiting a debriefing but I'll tell you all about it later. I knew he would try to hunt me down because I got him last time. He swears he'll get me back next time. PMKL
 
First I purposely allowed our communications to be 'hacked' saying I was stuck in a snowstorm and my weapons were frozen. Then I 'accidently' left my radio 'on' so I could be tracked. Private Jones was promoted to lieutenant and changed sex. Didn't look right because the breath didn't smoke.

HSG helped me arrange for the dummy to exhale (it breathes) water vapour. Then I waited until a certain Marine found 'me' and demanded my surrender. Then he heard 'click' and my words 'Under the Geneva Convention I am placing you under arrest.'

Then to make it realistic I repeated it in Russian.
 
I am an American. I would like to support the Americans on this. However, and that is a giant however, everyone including GG, warned the American Marines that certain British nurses were ruthless and not to let their guard down at any time. So, given that the American marines were given multiple warnings of the sneakiness of the Brits, and then were beaten by a doll, I find myself caught between laughter and tears. So I have chosen to describe my laughter as hysteria that the marines got bested again and the tears as those that come from the hysterical, manic laughter of defeat.

Now, GG has mentioned that after the wedding she will be moving to the states. I assume that means that she is retiring from the British army, yes? If so, then the marines have a chance at next year's meet. Unless, of course, GG somehow gets involved. I think it would best if she remain neutral next year. ;):D

Now this was just one small part of the event. Just out of curiosity, when it came to the entire event, which side claimed the win according to the higher ups? I mean, once they quit laughing and groaning at finding out the part Private, I mean LT, Jones played.
 
You'll appreciate SF that I cannot give too many details of what happened overall because the exercise was designed to test our defences against an efficient and professional enemy. There were no winners and no losers but there were individual scenarios one of which was the encounter between BigRick and me. We all learned a lot about fighting in sub zero temperature.

This was the last exercise of its kind because from January 1 we come together officially under the umbrella of NRR with three bases, one in the US and the other two in Europe. We will have exercises but it will no longer be on a 'national' level. Instead we'll have multinational teams where we will test each other out. For example HSG and I could be on opposite sides.

As for me leaving the army I'm contracted until November 2029 with an option of a further 5 years. I'll probably return to civilian nursing. But I will be entitled to maternity leave and if BigRick does his duty I will be a wife, a mother, a soldier and a nurse. And I'll be entitled to dual nationality - I'll be your fellow American. And I'll be very proud to be so!
 
As for me leaving the army I'm contracted until November 2029 with an option of a further 5 years. I'll probably return to civilian nursing. But I will be entitled to maternity leave and if BigRick does his duty I will be a wife, a mother, a soldier and a nurse. And I'll be entitled to dual nationality - I'll be your fellow American. And I'll be very proud to be so!

2029? That is a long contract. Before we know it, you will be heading both the US and British Armies at the same time. I figured eventually you would turn to civilian nursing, but if I know you, it will probably be in some VA hospital. Wife, mother, soldier, nurse, that is taking on a lot. And yet, I know you will be great at all of them. Marines may be taken in by cute nurses, but they would never forgo a DUTY. ;)
 
SF & CG it was an amazing experience. MrT assisted BigRick but wasn't involved in the little sideshow. I cannot give details about much of what happened in the main event except to say it was a great test for us and we all learned a lot. We were frozen, but we succeeded in finding our weaknesses. As an engineer I had my work cut out especially with bridges and communication.

Spent most of the day being debriefed and have spoken to the boys. Made a lot of links which will be useful in our NRR roles.

Hope you are all well. I've got to bed down shortly. GG is on the phone to BigRick and its gone very quiet an private lol. No doubt they're discussing my Christmas present lol.
 
Back
Top