Winning the lone wolf lady (Closed)

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Posts
36,474
tumblr_mmrkuoeGsM1soc5m7o1_1280.jpg


She smirked staring into Ford's eyes the knife sealed against his throat as she stood with him in between her and his team no clear shot from any of them in the statue displays at the museum.

Always with a little pack of minions Ford. Hello Sophie...

Daniella...

Sophie nodded.

Let him go... We are all on the same side here... Making this pig of a trafficker pay... We are not the enemy... Let's work together.

Ford just stood there with her not moving to attempt escape in fact he was also gesturing for Eliot and the others to stand down.

So Ford is Sophie calling the shots or are you? Yes Sophie the pig will be ended but... I'm afraid I can't let you all get him arrested... This slime dies.

--------------

Eliot-Spencer-The-Big-Bang-Job-3-15-eliot-spencer-24235090-1280-720.jpg


Weeks later when the assignment was over Ford had a private meeting with Eliot


Eliot I know you have gotten close to her. I can see the change in you both... For the better I might add. All I am asking is help me help an old friend... Convince her to join the team. She is damn good but...

But she is reckless and with the jobs she takes working solo and reckless can be a deadly combination... I know but you know she is not exactly a team player by her very nature but I will see what I can do.

Ford nodded

That's all I ask.

----------------
Ford sat by Sophie and the team talking to the elderly Tibetan couple about getting back at the men who promised to get their granddaughter out of Tibet and safely to them now saying she has to work off the nearly tripled price and immediately Ford recognized the con as a potential human trafficking ring.

We will help your granddaughter and get your money back don't worry.

They thanked him and slowly left.

Sophie.... Why does this reek of Service Grinok and human trafficking?

Ford sat back upstairs in the office as everyone milled around researching.

Well it can't be Service he was killed in Germany two years ago according to this but his entire operation transferred shortly there after to.... Beijing...

Then due to political heat there the main people went mobile... No go entry of origin no real way to try k a home base to attack.

Hardisan chimed in.

Last known member of their command structure being a Chin Zhang.

Elliot perked up at that.

Former Communist Chinese special forces commander. Drummed out for being too violent even for them. Wanted in several countries for assassinations blatent murders and abduction weapons trafficking... A real piece of work.

It says here that there is going to be a celebration at the new Tibetan Buddhist museum tomorrow to celebrate survivors of the occupation and refugees who have become citizens. What better place to catch a human trafficking vermin like these people than a party celebrating those who they exploit.

Well then...

Ford smiled

Let's steal a Gala.
 
"So Ford, how are we going to do this?"

"Leave that to me," Hardisan said smiling. "I have already hacked into the guest registry and Ford you and your lovely date Sophie are cordially invited. Now Sophie to get these guys attentions I am having you be a little on the younger side, not that you can't pull that off any way." Hardisan said the last loosing his smile from Sophie's stare.

"Eliot, you are going as an Archieologist, studying the history of the monks and how well they have been incorporated into society from their isolation. Your mark is the curator of the Gala, and fox name Isabella. She has been studying the same thing and has put a lot of work on knowing the ins and outs of the monks culture. Even says that she was one of the few women to be allowed to stay at a monk just a few years ago."

Eliot turned back to the screen, knowing he was going to be playing another nerd he was going to have to brush up on the tibetan culture.
 
Last edited:
Parker just sat back and laughed.

And let me guess the catering company gained another server?

She glared at Hardisan as he laughed

Girl how could I forget you. And how better to pick wallets and see who all we are up against.

Sophie was still watching him after that younger comment till she saw the mark for Eliot.

If you need me to I can help you win her over. I know the type. More than likely into vintage cars that would be a probable side line. She is a world traveler... Always looking for a noble cause...

She tilted her head as she studied the picture. Sophie could read people better than anyone as she smiled.

You will need to be well educated classy but still an edge to you. Comfortable in 5 star surroundings all the way to roughing it in some jungle helping the natives save their land.

Ford smiled and nodded.

We have two days let's get ready.

With that he walked off with Sophie to do a little shopping.

Parker looked over.

She was almost too easy for Sophie to read.... Must be pretty boring person... Good luck with that Eliot.

With that Parker wandered off leaving Hardisan and Eliot to drool over the blonde on the screen.
 
"So just be my normal face huh," Eliot laughed to himself as everyone left out save Hardison.

"Hey, do you get the feeling this is more than just a normal job? Ford looks like he isn't in his normal mindset, kinda like how he was when we were going after his old company, when it took his old lady to pull him back you know?"

"Dude, you read way too much into stuff. All you gotta do is go and charm the pants off that Museum girl, and if you charm her pants off, all good, am I right?"

Eliot gave his normal smirk he gave to Hardison as he walked off as well, leaving the tech in the command room by himself, looking like he was asking what did he do to deserve that treatment.


Eliot pulled up some history about the Tibetan monks as he went to the gym. Like normal it was empty so Eliot found his audio reader and played it while he started his workout. Ever since he was young it helped for him to hit things while he was learning something else, helped cement it in his mind better, for some reason or another.
 
New-2015-100-Real-Images-Crew-Neck-Black-Formal-font-b-Evening-b-font-Prom-Dresses.jpg


Two days later Daniella was smiling and mingling and translating for the guests before the main ceremony.

Sophie and Ford mingled seeming able to pick out the Armani clad slime and playing up their part well. Hardisan had tapped into cameras and security impressed with the system and company that created it. Rattling on and on about them and Parker asked a few veiled questions to get an idea about how to beat it.

That's just it Parker... If they go into the inner sanctum you ain't gonna be able to follow them this system was created by a NightShadow securities. The federal government can't even afford them... Big money flowing around here.

Ford revealed nothing but he knew the security firm name.

Eliot have you found our stunning hostess yet?
 
"I think I just did, making my way over to her now," Eliot said softly, making his way over to Isabella. She was stunning, and she easily had more people around her than anyone else, and it wasn't just her mind that drew people to her.

Eliot finally made it to her and introduced himself, "Professor Isabella, it is such an honor to meet you. Rarely have I meet someone who has such a fascination with how the peaceful pacifistic monks of Tibet can help to expand and enrich the societies in which they decide to join."

After he said that most of the guys looked at him and shook their heads, some rolled their eyes. When they turned back to Isabella and saw the intent look on her face they decided to walk away.
One in particular went off to an older man and whispered to him while pointing out the two intellectuals.

"My, my. Someone who shares my interests, I wonder if you also have my desire to show the world how much we can learn from these monks. How their discipline, intelligence, and strength can help to reshape this world in which we live." She smiled and stepped closer, leaning to the ear with the wig in it, "And how they can show us all that those traits are the only way to redemption of our sins."

With that she smiled and strutted back to speak with other, looking back making sure Eliot was watching her.

"Um, boss, we might have an issue on this end."
 
I will see what I can do Eliot.

Ford spoke low.

We may all have a problem Sophie just decided to tail someone. I didn't get a look at the woman's face but statuesque blonde in a black dress sheer single sleeve on it. Hardison find her on the guest list quick.

Parker chimed in.

I heard someone call the woman you just described Lady DaVeaga. She looks like she fits into this snooty world but not. Something weird about her want me to follow Sophie?

No keep getting info and IDs to Hardisan Parker. Eliot mingle but keep an eye out for Sophie. Something tells me our hostess is just a hostess.
 
"Will do boss," Eliot said low voice and then looked around and started to smile. Something was off about that encounter but he decided to follow the plan.

He saw Sophie flitting about, somewhere between a fairy and a fly. Beautiful and alluring while taking in all of the information that she could get.

He waited just for a second before heading in the same general direction, but Eliot being Eliot caught the eye of a couple of the female guests who tried to woo him with flirty banter and some not so subtle attempts at seduction. Eliot though kept his eye on Sophie till he saw her dissappear into the back after her mark.

"Guys, Northwest corner, two escapees, one was Sophie I know. Southern platform has some guys chatting and are now heading that way. Will intercept."

Eliot excused himself and made his way to intercept the men. "Hardison, anything on these guys to help me"
 
Parker spoke before Hardisan could.

Shit... Let me guess they left a third long haired Asian looking guy standing on his own?

Hardisan answered yeah why?

Eliot... They are both packing... Glock 22 forty cals at least. They guy they left standing there has to be family of that Zhang guy. His name is Liu.

Sophie's voice chimed in.

On my way back I lost her... Eliot I will see what I can do to follow them they just brushed past me with some rather rude Mandarin but unlucky for them I know what they said.

Care to share Sophie?

Ford chuckled before Hardisan blurted out.

I'm blind.... I repeat I'm blind. No more contact or control over cameras or security.

Sophie sighed.

Damn it is her.

With that her comm went silent
 
Eliot was in the best position to figure out what happened to Sophie so he started to head toward her. He didn't see what happened but he knew that he couldn't talk to anyone, nor could he hear if anyone was trying to reach him.

He eventually found Sophie and checked with her, "Hey, you okay Sophie? Do you know what happened?"

"No, all I know is that I lost her after going through the kitchens. But she could be any where at this point. We should meet up with Ford and figure out what to do from here."

They were heading to where Ford would be if they were him, in front of the southern platform where Zhang was most likely going to be. They did find him there but he was not talking to Zhang, but another man. Eliot was looking for the signal that Ford would give when it was safe for them to meet with him.
 
Ford simply nodded to the man and the team heard him say.

Yes I am a Dr I will go check on Lady DaVeaga. She is in the statue display to the southwest side of the building. Thank you... On one of the guests sent his associates to help her. Well I don't happen to speak Chinese but hopefully that will not be a problem.

Hardisan spoke up.

Southwest corner... Statue room and living spaces for some of the monks and the refugees they brought with them.

Sophie walked over to Ford.

I can translate for you love. Let me get our "drinks" and I will meet you there.

Drinks that means us guys let's go.

Parker replied with a grin.
 
Last edited:
Eliot just smirked in his way as he followed Sophie for a ways, he stopped at the door where she entered to follow after Ford. Eliot just made casual conversation with guests until Parker arrived.

"They went through there, I haven't heard about any turns so it should be just straight through, be careful though, we don't know what is in between here and there." Eliot said to her, telling her things she already knew, but felt needed repeating.

After a few seconds Eliot followed, keeping an eye out just in case there was anyone else who decided to join this foray.

Eliot finally met up with the group sans Hardisan.

"So what is the plan from here boss?"
 
I'm going to go check on our sick guest and you all are going to hang back till I need you.

He looked to Sophie who looked a little worried as Hardisan ran up.

Guys when Sophie lost the blonde is when I got booted out of the whole damn system. What the help is going on.

Ford simply nodded.

That I think is what I am about to find out. Stay close but do not follow me till I need you. Is that clear.

He waited seconds for them to answer before taking off down the hall. Easily finding the statue room upon hearing the sound of the associates of Liu Zhang hitting the floor. Walking through the door he finally spoke.

Its been a long time Danni. You haven't seemed to lose that lethal streak. So no tech back here how...

How did I boot your little tech rat from the system so fast. You clearly forget Ford the creator of NightShadow Securities and this system is my adoptive brother.

Daniella answered a voice which brought an I knew it look to Sophie's face as she looked to the others.

Let's go.

Ford continued to walk around the room only lit by security lights.

So here on business or pleasure Danni. Me I am looking for someone. Maybe you can help me.

Isn't that what your team is for Ford. Expendable little rats to do your dirty work for you... All in the name of helping people.

Ford felt the knife tip touch his throat as he finally made eye contact with Daniella. She stood there looking as radiant and focused as ever. He had always admired that. Between her father and her adoptive family she was his entire team rolled into one beautiful and lethal package.

I see you carry Red's knife now.

Don't even speak his name Ford you don't even deserve to utter it.

Hearing that Sophie was running to get to Ford.
 
Eliot stood still and frozen. He was running the numbers in his head and he knew he had no chance of reaching Ford and the assailant before the knife would be cutting deep within Ford's throat. The only chance that he could figure out for Ford to survive this is for Sophie to do her work on the assailant.

Sophie slowed as she got closer to the two, "Hey Danni, it is a surprise seeing you here? I figured you would be breaking down the jail cells that the prisoners are locked in?" Sophie tried to use this to deflect attention from Ford.

"Hardisan do we know there are victims here?" Eliot asked under his breathe

"I never got the chance to look, so Sophie is either bluffing her fine little ass off or she knows something that I couldn't figure out." Hardisan said looking into the room to see what was going on.
 
Well hello Sophie... Nice try. See Chin's ever obedient little brother Liu brought people to grab the refugees but... As you can see they won't be grabbing anyone. Long hair... You must be the fighter of the crew. Don't worry I won't kill him.

Parker checked the two on the floor plucking darts out of their femoral arteries.

Guys... They are... Dead.

Parker quickly jumped up moving to Sophie. Daniella continued

Tech rat be glad I booted you out. The system would not have been so nice when it found you.

Sophie spoke up again

We are on he same side Daniella. Making this trafficking slime pay... Let's work together... Please.

Daniella shoved Ford back towards them.

You all would only work to get him arrested I however have far more...permanent plans for dealing with him.

Ford finally spoke again.

Two dead bodies we should at least all get out of here and talk at the bar. Will you agree at least to drinks with old friends?

Daniella nodded.

Let's go.
 
Eliot looked at Danni, even though she was stepping away from Ford he didn't let his guard down. he followed after everyone, keeping his eye on her. Something just didn't seem right. Hardisan being Hardisan stepped back and started chatting with Eliot,

"Hey, she is right up your alley aint she? Blonde, lean, mean, and damn hot." Hardisan said smiling and joking while at the same time being serious. He knew Eliot had been burned hard in the past and was hoping that someone who was more like him would help him.

"Something is just off, like Ford and Sophie knew she would be here even before we showed up. Like they were planning this meeting, which I guess isn't new for them but I like knowing if they are going to be threatened you know." Eliot said never taking his eyes off her, or the way she swayed her hips.
 
Waiting for valet Parker and Hardisan went back to the van but not before Daniella's pristine 71 hemi cuda rolled up by valet. Hardisan blinked.

Now I agree I think at least Sophie knew man but we all alive its all good. Why don't you ride with her.

He hinted to Eliot.
 
Eliot smirked and chuckled.

"I will try, doubt she will let me though," Eliot says walking over to the car.

"I will admit you are full of surprises. So did you keep it stock or did you add some new features to make it deadlier?" Eliot asks, both wondering and probing for information into his would be opponent. They walk over to the car and Eliot honestly expects her to brush him off
 
Well the security system is something you have probably never run across. So tech boy wndng a spy to get information on my connection to the creator of NightShadow Security?

She was clearly not worried about him as she let him walk with her to the car.

Guessing long hair wants to ride with me Ford so... Lead the way.
 
"You two play nice, but not too nice" Ford said with a smile as he headed to the van. "And by the way Danni, I don't need your connection, Hardisan has already been breifed on the security system. Eliot is going with you because he likes fast cars." Ford then thought to himself, And fast hard women.

Eliot smiled as he was getting into the car, "Its true, I do love fast hot rods."
 
She laughed.

Oh really... We will just see about that. Eliot is it. Tell the system the name of the bar then and hang on.

Ford you may know the system but you also know my adoptive family won't tell you anything without my approval.

Ford shrugged to Hardisan.

She is right they know our history and won't go against her for me or Sophie. She was actually being nice booting you from the system herself but have no idea how she did it. Let's go or they will be there hours before us.

Sophie sighed she was still not sure if Danni being around was a good thing or not.

Parker sat back focused on the last name DaVeaga. The man who trained her had mentioned that name before but she couldn't remember the context.
 
Eliot put in the name of the bar and when Danni had finished talking they headed off. Eliot tried to make small talk but wasn't that good so he just sat there for the most part watching where they were going, ever cautious for obstacles.

The rest of the crew was in the van was going over what they had in store for the rest of the mission, how they were going to catch the guy in charge of the trafficking ring and whether they were going to let him see judicial justice or let Danni have her justice.
 
Parker shot up like a bolt.

Her last name is really DaVeaga... As in Sir Alister DaVeaga... The antiquities hunter and thief.

Ford nonchalantly nodded.

That was her biological father. After his unfortunate death when she was 15 she was taken in/Adopted by the Roxtons who finished her education. Hardisan has been bragging about the work of her adopted brother the creator of the security company that made the system.

Sophie chimed in.

Her adoptive father taught her weapons and survival. One of her sisters taught her grifting and her other sister taught her hand to hand combat. While her adoptive mother took all those lessons and taught her to think over countless possibilities and know what she will need for each of them.

Hardisan shook his head beginning to share Sophie's unspoken concern about Danni being involved and Eliot being alone with her even in a car. Hardisan finally spoke

Are we really going to let her kill this guy? Can't you or Sophie talk her out of it?

Ford sighed at the question and silently drove to the bar arriving shortly after Danni and Eliot.
 
The ride was fairly quiet, which Eliot didn't mind, so long as Danni was not interested in pushing the silence, which she seemed like such a hard ass that she didn't care about small talk, she was only interested in getting the job done.

Once they got to the bar Eliot got out of the car and somehow before Danni got out of the car he was there opening her door for her.

"I know you are perfectly able to do so but I felt like being a gentleman," Eliot said with a smile as Danni looked up at him.
 
Never let it be said that Ford would employ anything less.

She stepped from the car.

So how long have you been working for him?

Parker was deep in thought when they pulled up to the bar and quickly cut in.

Better question when did you quit working for him and why?

Parker...

Sophie quickly took a scolding tone.

Be nice.

Hardisan trying to diffuse the situation laughed and draped one arm around Eliot and o e arm around Danni as he walked them into the bar.

You gotta tell me how you booted me out of the system without a computer or none of that tech stuff.

Danni just laughed.

I knew its true name.

She laughed and slipped from his arm and walked in with Ford as he ordered two bourbons and the rest of the teams regular drinks.
 
Back
Top