"Monster Under My Bed"

R. Richard

Literotica Guru
What parent hasn't had a child come to them and say, "There's a monster, under my bed?"
WELL???

Teacher found hiding under girl's bed
Married father discovered by teen's mother

(LONDON TELEGRAPH) A woman discovered her daughter was having sex with a teacher after she found him hiding under the teenager’s bed, a court has heard.

Married maths teacher Andrew Welsh, 36, was caught when the girl’s mother returned home unexpectedly one morning last July, Bolton Crown Court heard.

Her daughter had ruffled hair and smudged lipstick and, when the mother went upstairs, she noticed a pair of man’s boots at the side of the bed in the 16-year-old’s room, Geoff Whelan, prosecuting, told the jury.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/teacher-found-hiding-under-girls-bed/#2XlKdvXIlhBWaSf4.99

Ah, isn't the age of consent in England 16?

It is a criminal offence for someone of either sex to take part in sexual activity with someone under the age of 16, unless it is reasonable to believe that that person is 16 or older. Sexual activity includes sexual intercourse and intentional sexual touching. The penalties for an offence of this type are more severe if it is committed by someone who is 18 or over rather than someone who is under 18.

It is. No real crime here. The teacher is despicable, but not a pedophile under England's laws. But...

Welsh told police the girl was 16, the sex was consensual and all sexual activity took place after she had left school. He tried to have the charges dismissed, but the judge ruled at an earlier hearing that the charges should stand as Welsh had been in a position of trust. The defendant then pleaded guilty to the six charges.

I'm not aware of people in positions of trust, usually teachers, being able to duck a sentence in the UK.

Sexual Offences Act 2003

16Abuse of position of trust: sexual activity with a childE+W+N.I.This sectionnoteType=Explanatory Notes has no associated
[F1(1)A person aged 18 or over (A) commits an offence if—
(a)he intentionally touches another person (B),
(b)the touching is sexual,
(c)A is in a position of trust in relation to B, (d)where subsection (2) applies, A knows or could reasonably be expected to know of the circumstances by virtue of which he is in a position of trust in relation to B, and
(e)either—
(i)B is under 18 and A does not reasonably believe that B is 18 or over, or
(ii)B is under 13.

(2)This subsection applies where A—
(a)is in a position of trust in relation to B by virtue of circumstances within section 21(2), (3), (4) or (5), and
(b)is not in such a position of trust by virtue of other circumstances.
(3)Where in proceedings for an offence under this section it is proved that the other person was under 18, the defendant is to be taken not to have reasonably believed that that person was 18 or over unless sufficient evidence is adduced to raise an issue as to whether he reasonably believed it.
(4)Where in proceedings for an offence under this section—
(a)it is proved that the defendant was in a position of trust in relation to the other person by virtue of circumstances within section 21(2), (3), (4) or (5), and
(b)it is not proved that he was in such a position of trust by virtue of other circumstances,
it is to be taken that the defendant knew or could reasonably have been expected to know of the circumstances by virtue of which he was in such a position of trust unless sufficient evidence is adduced to raise an issue as to whether he knew or could reasonably have been expected to know of those circumstances.
(5)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable—
(a)on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or both;
(b)on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years.]

Sexual Offences Act 2003

16Abuse of position of trust: sexual activity with a childE+W+N.I.This sectionnoteType=Explanatory Notes has no associated
[F1(1)A person aged 18 or over (A) commits an offence if—
(a)he intentionally touches another person (B),
(b)the touching is sexual,
(c)A is in a position of trust in relation to B, (d)where subsection (2) applies, A knows or could reasonably be expected to know of the circumstances by virtue of which he is in a position of trust in relation to B, and
(e)either—
(i)B is under 18 and A does not reasonably believe that B is 18 or over, or
(ii)B is under 13.

(2)This subsection applies where A—
(a)is in a position of trust in relation to B by virtue of circumstances within section 21(2), (3), (4) or (5), and
(b)is not in such a position of trust by virtue of other circumstances.
(3)Where in proceedings for an offence under this section it is proved that the other person was under 18, the defendant is to be taken not to have reasonably believed that that person was 18 or over unless sufficient evidence is adduced to raise an issue as to whether he reasonably believed it.
(4)Where in proceedings for an offence under this section—
(a)it is proved that the defendant was in a position of trust in relation to the other person by virtue of circumstances within section 21(2), (3), (4) or (5), and
(b)it is not proved that he was in such a position of trust by virtue of other circumstances,
it is to be taken that the defendant knew or could reasonably have been expected to know of the circumstances by virtue of which he was in such a position of trust unless sufficient evidence is adduced to raise an issue as to whether he knew or could reasonably have been expected to know of those circumstances.
(5)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable—
(a)on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or both;
(b)on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years.]

I guess it does, since 2003 at least.

Seems like I read somewhere that some US states have the 'position of trust' (or words to that effect) wording in their age of consent rules as well. I know they one in my state has. I believe Teachers are specifically mentioned.

I wonder if the old saying is still true about how child molesters in prison get a real hard time from other prisoners.

Back