Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the '70s, HP Sauce used to be known as Wilson's Gravy. Prime Minister Harold Wilson was reputed to have splashed it on everything. :)

Back in the 70s, ketchup was occasionally called Nixon Sauce; he was liberal with the condiment, even adding it to macaroni and cheese.

And then, of course, there was that end-of-term luncheon hosted by the Dean when we ate in a 5-star French restaurant to celebrate a particularly successful year. Needless to say, one of the departmental chairman, a UK immigrant, requested HP Sauce for his well-done filet mignon. Also needless to say, nous avec les filets bleu suitably mocked the poor misguided gentleman.

Back in the 70s, ketchup was occasionally called Nixon Sauce; he was liberal with the condiment, even adding it to macaroni and cheese.

And then, of course, there was that end-of-term luncheon hosted by the Dean when we ate in a 5-star French restaurant to celebrate a particularly successful year. Needless to say, one of the departmental chairman, a UK immigrant, requested HP Sauce for his well-done filet mignon. Also needless to say, nous avec les filets bleu suitably mocked the poor misguided gentleman.

I've been in restaurants where if you asked for a well-done filet mignon, you would be asked to leave the premises. :caning:

He was quite right

I've been in restaurants where if you asked for a well-done filet mignon, you would be asked to leave the premises. :caning:

I've been in some when in the south of France.

On an interesting note, though, I once found myself at a Golden Corral for a family gathering. As I looked at the steaks, I opined that I'd prefer mine blue. The cook smiled and opened a heating drawer beneath the grill. I was then served a sirloin seared perfectly on the outside and perfectly raw in the middle. Who would of thought that at Golden Corral!

I've been in some when in the south of France.

On an interesting note, though, I once found myself at a Golden Corral for a family gathering. As I looked at the steaks, I opined that I'd prefer mine blue. The cook smiled and opened a heating drawer beneath the grill. I was then served a sirloin seared perfectly on the outside and perfectly raw in the middle. Who would of thought that at Golden Corral!

Ah, yes. The perfect steak. :)

Not quite dead but unconscious enough that you don't have to chase it around the plate. :D

I was consumed with rum one time and I had a dream. A crazy little dream about sea monsters, fairies, lions and zebras. It was really wild. Then I looked at the bottle of rum and it said lysergic acid diethylamide, lab grade and I decided I should give up rum. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back