The China Pearl Inn part 7

G G sounds like the four of you had a great day out and about.

Well S F lizard would be welcome to devour the odd mosquito or two. But with that long flexible tongue he might make the guys jealous and become a hit with the ladies. :rolleyes:

what a good idea. The world needs more pet lizards.

You two nearly made me piss my knickers laughing! 😂

Well enjoying another day off (back to the air ambulance tomorrow). The 4 Of us are at the Tower Of London (we get free entry). I’ve always liked Anne Boleyn, a very powerful woman who’s daughter (Elizabeth I) gave England its ‘Golden Age’ and moulded an ‘Island Of Invaders’ into the great nation we are today. I stood at the place where she was beheaded and then at her grave. Honest, I had a moment! She was my heroine when I was a schoolgirl and today I stood just 6ft away from her mortal remains. Very moving, Rick had to support me.

We’ve had lunch and now we’re off the ‘Bloody Tower’.

Good Day Everyone!

It is comments, like GG's, that remind me of how young my country is. After twenty years, something is considered an antique. We tend to measure time in decades, not centuries. I am not saying this is a bad thing, mind you, but it does go a ways in explaining why Americans think the way that they do.

Good Day Everyone!

It is comments, like GG's, that remind me of how young my country is. After twenty years, something is considered an antique. We tend to measure time in decades, not centuries. I am not saying this is a bad thing, mind you, but it does go a ways in explaining why Americans think the way that they do.

Yes LovingFingers the USA is a young nation compared to the UK, a nation of immigrants where the UK is a nation of Invaders. But I have joint nationality and through my marriage to Rick I’m proud to be both British and American. And our children will be citizens of not one but TWO great nations.

You two nearly made me piss my knickers laughing! 😂

Well enjoying another day off (back to the air ambulance tomorrow). The 4 Of us are at the Tower Of London (we get free entry). I’ve always liked Anne Boleyn, a very powerful woman who’s daughter (Elizabeth I) gave England its ‘Golden Age’ and moulded an ‘Island Of Invaders’ into the great nation we are today. I stood at the place where she was beheaded and then at her grave. Honest, I had a moment! She was my heroine when I was a schoolgirl and today I stood just 6ft away from her mortal remains. Very moving, Rick had to support me.

We’ve had lunch and now we’re off the ‘Bloody Tower’.

I am glad I could bring a smile to your face G G. As you know I do favor the "Randy" side of life here at the inn. :devil:ish :D

Overcast and gloomy here today. I feel like I am in London with the four tourists.

Tudor Flower Bed and his eyes lit up

We train our marines to utilize what is available to achieve their goals. :rolleyes:

Morning Shiva.

A hug and a soft kiss on her cheek.

Yes one more day till the weekend. So any plans for the weekend? Can I get you a coffee, tea, or perhaps something stronger Miss?

It's a wave of nostalgia as she walks the familiar path back to the China Pearl. How long has it been...
She pauses at the threshold before finally crossing it. Remembering the peaceful quietness of the morning.

Morning young lady it has been a very long time sense you have visited us. I trust all is well with you.

A soft kiss brushes her cheek.

I have Missed you more than I can say. Can I get you anything?

"Aye. It has been very long. But all is well. I've missed you."
She offers him a warm hug.
"A cup of tea if you could?"

I savor the hug of an old and dear friend.

Awe such kind words young lady you will make me blush……and there goes my reputation as a randy old sailor.

I set a pot of tea before her with just a touch of a roughish Smile.

So all is well with work, and still challenging?

She flips over a cup and pours a cup of tea. Offering it to him before pouring herself a cup as well.
"I'm sure you can recover your reputation my dear CG. No will know the softy you hide. It'll be our little secret."

She sighs as she takes that first sip, savoring the taste. "Work has its moments. Usually challenging. I keep busy. How have you been? Where has the sailor been adventuring across the seven seas?"

Deal Miss, it will be our little secret.

I tease as I accept the offered cup of tea, a smile bowing my lips as I take the first few sips.

Well I am glad that work still holds some pleasant challenges for you. As for me I have been wandering about, the odd adventure here and there, you know just to keep my hand in, and ,y devil make care and roughish standing in good shape.

Hi VampiricTouch, great to meet you.

I wave at LS before turning to CG. Chief, I've got one day left before renewing my registration for the next 3 years. Back to army life next week and I have to deal with that disciplinary. Lots to think about.

Meanwhile back home to my husband who wants the book thrown at these guys.

Well one day and then a weekends rest in your husband and lover arms before facing a thorny problem.

We expect and demand the best of our men and women in uniform. Oh we can say it is because they represent our country, and that is true. Yet there is an operational component as well and it revolves around respect. Respect that your superiors, be they men or women, are capable and their orders are to be followed not seconded guessed or doubted because of the individual’s gender. Well at least that is the way I see it.

Hi VampiricTouch :)

Yet there is an operational component as well and it revolves around respect. Respect that your superiors, be they men or women, are capable and their orders are to be followed not seconded guessed or doubted because of the individual’s gender. Well at least that is the way I see it.

I can understand the importance of operational respect for superiors. But, if I had my way, people wouldn't be doing this stuff to anyone. I don't want to hear it from males or females. This topic is a hot one in the US at the moment. I hope the book is really heavy when you throw it, GG.

Morning Shiva.

A hug and a soft kiss on her cheek.

Yes one more day till the weekend. So any plans for the weekend? Can I get you a coffee, tea, or perhaps something stronger Miss?
*smiles and blushes* I could always use something a little harder *looks him up and down and smirks*

We’re going south to visit the inlaws this weekend. Should be... interesting *winks*

It's a wave of nostalgia as she walks the familiar path back to the China Pearl. How long has it been...
She pauses at the threshold before finally crossing it. Remembering the peaceful quietness of the morning.
Hello, nice to meet you! Itself always nice to have a comfortable place to return to, after traveling a while.

Hi VampiricTouch, great to meet you.

I wave at LS before turning to CG. Chief, I've got one day left before renewing my registration for the next 3 years. Back to army life next week and I have to deal with that disciplinary. Lots to think about.

Meanwhile back home to my husband who wants the book thrown at these guys.
*waves back to her* it’s just my opinion, but I think you should throw the book at them! Make an example, so the behavior isn’t repeated!!

*waves to SF* how are ya!?

stumbles in, then eyes an old familiar face with a grin. Strolling over to VT with a soft chuckle. Not wanting to disturb her conversation too much he gives her a brief hug

"Hey there stranger. Good to see you "

with that he waves to Ls

"Good to see you too darlin."

flashes GG a grin

"Since you are still on rotation and you did offer to nurse me back to health I might take you up on that. You gonna wear the uni?"

laughs and winks at her.

"Sorry I have not been around all. Things have not been going that well. You have all been in my thoughts however."

"Sorry I have not been around all. Things have not been going that well. You have all been in my thoughts however."

Sorry, FD, hopefully things will look up soon. hugs

Hi LS, nothing happening around here. Been overcast, which makes me sleepy. Having a hard time keeping my eyes open. :)

*smiles and blushes* I could always use something a little harder *looks him up and down and smirks*

We’re going south to visit the inlaws this weekend. Should be... interesting *winks*

Such a tease you are young Lady.;)

By the way have you seen my etchings up in my loft Shiva? :devil:ish :D

enjoy your visit with the in-laws miss?

F D it is always good to see old friends especially when they are as charming as V T. :D

Sorry to here that things are not going well for you at the moment.

Good morning everyone!

Could I trouble you for some tea CG?

SF's commented that this is a hot topic in the US right now. It is only the tip of the iceberg though. The nation, and the western world for that matter, has pretty much been run by rich, white men. (Yes, there have been exceptions, but they prove the rule.) And that rule is engrained culturally and institutionally in myriad ways. White men on top, everything and everyone else, chattle.

So in the last century, accelerating in the last decades, the radical notions come about that women have souls, that black lives matter, that everyone is a human being and deserves respect, and so forth.

The old guard digs in its heels. The rest of humanity begins to talk and come to find out that the 'good ole days' weren't so good. One in three women in the US have been sexually abused in one way or another. But boys will be boys, and that was the way it was.

So, ironically, GG, I say all this to remind you that the boys who harassed you were doing what their culture has condoned for a long time. THAT IS NO EXCUSE, mind you, but it goes beyond the issues of subordination and representing the military. It is a world problem, and they must be part of the solution.

Certainly L F, pas Problem.

I steep a pot of tea for him and then slide it and a cup over to LF

The way that “The Good Old Boys” succeed is by a simple tactic, Divide and Conquer. We need to become a civil society again and instead of drawing into our own little Democrat, Republican, Woman, Man, or Black and White camps and worlds we need to come together and concentrate on our shared values. I know it is much easier said than done but if we do not try the “The Good Old Boys” continue to win.

Good morning everyone!

Could I trouble you for some tea CG?

SF's commented that this is a hot topic in the US right now. It is only the tip of the iceberg though. The nation, and the western world for that matter, has pretty much been run by rich, white men. (Yes, there have been exceptions, but they prove the rule.) And that rule is engrained culturally and institutionally in myriad ways. White men on top, everything and everyone else, chattle.

So in the last century, accelerating in the last decades, the radical notions come about that women have souls, that black lives matter, that everyone is a human being and deserves respect, and so forth.

The old guard digs in its heels. The rest of humanity begins to talk and come to find out that the 'good ole days' weren't so good. One in three women in the US have been sexually abused in one way or another. But boys will be boys, and that was the way it was.

So, ironically, GG, I say all this to remind you that the boys who harassed you were doing what their culture has condoned for a long time. THAT IS NO EXCUSE, mind you, but it goes beyond the issues of subordination and representing the military. It is a world problem, and they must be part of the solution.

I agree with what you say here, but I think we need to keep in mind that this is not a white male issue. I have been, and know of many people that have been, the target of male harassment by males of several races, ages, socio-economic levels, etc. But I think we have to also acknowledge that many males have also been treated to this kind of harassment. I find a group of guys making catcalls and whistling no different than a group of girls doing the same thing. What we need is to learn to respect each other as people. I find nothing wrong in thinking or saying to a friend, "Gee, that guy is cute." But I would never shout it publicly. And there is nothing cute about anyone that says things that embarrass someone else. Those females that encourage that behavior are just as bad as the guys that start it. If people don't demand respect, they sure aren't going to get it. Our society doesn't give respect just because someone exists and that is the main problem, I think.

The ‘Good Old Day’s were a myth, my dad could tell you some of the fights they had in Texas and my grandpa marched with Luther King. I’m not ahamed to be American, I’m proud to serving this great country. But sometimes the people make me blush. GG knows I used to date a black girl from Kansas, I was new to the Marines and I was unprepared for the racism. We fought back but then HER family told her she should have a black boyfriend and to remember what the whites did to her ancestors. My family stood by me but it was too much for Alice and we split. But every cloud has a silver lining and look who I married!

Oppression of women, gays, lesbians, Jews is always wrong and i’ll Fight until the day I die. Which is why I want GG to throw the book at those guys. I’ve seen the CCTV footage and I could see how close they came to touching her. I also know if they had she would have broken every bone in their bodies. She’s tuff my wife!

For me it’s a matter of honor because I have to serve in the SRR which supports all the cohorts of NRR so I might have to give intelligence to these guys. I want to know that they’ve learnt there lesson and it will never happen again. She says she can deal with it but I still think Major S (the CO) should know.

Back