What's your favorite quote?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former...Albert Einstein

Dennis Wholey

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian."

And the youth, mistook by me,
Pleading for a lover's fee.
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be!
~William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act III, scene II

Things do not happen for a reason... Things happen and than we react to them, learn from them and than we try to give it meaning for why it happened in the first place.....

"For every minute you remain angry, you give up 60 seconds of peace of mind." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The worst defect of pride is that it prevents us from improving ourselves. If you think. 'I know it all, I am a truly good person', you won't learn anything and that is one of the worst things that can happen to you." Dalai Lama

Catalina:rose:

Last edited:
Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"There’s no need to miss someone from your past. There’s a reason they didn’t make it to your future."
~ Unknown

K was flipping through the channels and stopped briefly at some Jean Claude Van Damme movie, and I heard a line that made me laugh, but it's a great quote, too.

"Parents lie to their children to prepare them for how the government will treat them."

Do not disturb...
I'm disturbed enough already.

ETA:
And this one too:

"You are no one's slave, dog, slut, or sub until you give them that right. Only you can give it. No one can take or assume it without your permission." --Jack Rinella

Last edited:
Shirley MacLaine

"The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused."

"Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm...As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands: One for helping yourself, the other for helping others." - Audrey Hepburn

Simon & Garfunkel

When I think back on all the crap
I learned in high school,
It's a wonder I can think at all.

"Kodachrome" (RIP)

“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
-Ambrose Bierce

“Consult: To seek approval for a course of action already decided upon”
-Ambrose Bierce

“RECONSIDER, v. To seek a justification for a decision already made.”
-Ambrose Bierce

“Deliberation, n.: The act of examining one's bread to determine which side it is buttered on.”
-Ambrose Bierce

Will Durant

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

Bertrand Russell

So far as I can tell there is not a single word in the Gospel in praise of intelligence.

Back