What's your favorite quote?

“When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers I kind of wanted to be a vampire.” -Angelina Jolie

“When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers I kind of wanted to be a vampire.” -Angelina Jolie

No wonder I like her so much.

When other kids had invisible friends who were like fairies and shit, my invisible friends were a monster and a witch. The witch was the mommy, and her son was the monster, but she didn't want him so she let me have him.

Can't see any of my abandonment issues in there, can you. lol

I actually have two favorite quotes:

The best index to a person's character is a) how he treats people who can't do him any good and b) how he treats people who can't fight back. ~ Abigail Van Buren ~

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within. ~ Elizabeth Kübler-Ross ~

Chuck Reid

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is."

Friedrich Nietzsche

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

“The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted” -Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Yeah, it's one of those days.

Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."

Mark Twain

Here was heroism at its last and loftiest possibility, its utmost summit; this was challenging death in the open field unarmed, with all the odds against the challenger, no reward set upon the contest, and no admiring world in silks and cloth of gold to gaze and applaud

Here was heroism at its last and loftiest possibility, its utmost summit; this was challenging death in the open field unarmed, with all the odds against the challenger, no reward set upon the contest, and no admiring world in silks and cloth of gold to gaze and applaud

Interesting, Felix, but what was the context of what Twain was talking about?

Mark Twain

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

"Do what you gotta do, know what you gotta know, hang on until you can't anymore and just learn to let go."

No wonder I like her so much.

When other kids had invisible friends who were like fairies and shit, my invisible friends were a monster and a witch. The witch was the mommy, and her son was the monster, but she didn't want him so she let me have him.

Can't see any of my abandonment issues in there, can you. lol

That sounds alot like the storyline to Son of Witch, the second book in the Wicked series.

Evan Esar

"America believes in education: the average professor earns more money in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week."

only

The only thing worse then being talked about is not being talked about. Oscer Wilde?

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

-Albert Einstein

Robert Benchley

"A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down."

unknown

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you an automobile."

Back