The morning after the night before ...

“Why don’t I take you ... It will be faster for me to ride my bike down and back ... we can go get your stuff and then you can come back I’ll cook us a late lunch and then we can just… relax for the rest of the day I’ll give you a ride to work”

He suggested, though somehow he seemed ... distracted having made the offer.

“It’s your choice ... what do you want to do?”

She looked at him curiously, but didn't ask what he had been thinking about.

"Actually I will need to go back to my place tomorrow before I go to work.
I have to turn up 'in character' and will need to make up and dress up in time for the car to collect me at 10 am."


She explained.

"And I guess we can't carry too much around if I'm on the back of your bike?"

She queried.

"So ... either you run me back to my place to grab my script or ... if you have a computer I could borrow with a printer, or a tablet for me to read my script from, I have my script saved electronically so could download it and or print it out to work on from here .... or ... of course ... we can just head out and fetch it ... ?"

Either way she would need to be back at her place by 9 am to be able to get ready for work...
 
“If you need to bring your costume and make up over you can” Alex said shrugging “I’ll just get us a taxi instead” he said leaning against the wall and watching her.

“It’s your choice really I have a computer if you want to borrow it” He said nodding to his desk “or I can get us a taxi and we can go around to your apartment and get your stuff either way I am fine I have more than enough money to pay for the trip and I don’t mind if you want to spend the night instead of getting up earlier I just want you to do whatever you want to”
 
She listened to him offer to get a taxi and noted that he did say that she could use his computer.

"Tomorrow is a work day for me, Alex."

She told him simply.

"I have to be back by 9 am and have to get ready at home.
I can't just cancel the car, that's all part of the job ... "


She blushed.

"Besides, I have to get into character and it will be impossible to do that after having just tumbled out of your bed half an hour before ... "

He had a computer she could use, but perhaps it would be best after all to make sure that business and pleasure did not overlap.

"I think it might be easiest if we just spend the day together then I'll head home for the evening which will give me time enough to check out my lines and get ready."

She relaxed back on the bed.

"Let's face it, I had far too much to drink last night and I look like crap.
If I don't get some decent sleep I'll get sacked and I love doing these kind of jobs, so I can't risk that."


She had made up her mind. She was going to be sensible and enjoy the day with him, but get home at a decent hour so that she could be ready for work tomorrow.

"Besides ... didn't you say that you have to work too? What kind of day do you have planned tomorrow?"
 
“It’s your choice” Alex said realizing she was going to be the sensible one in the relationship. A part of him wanted to convince her to spend the night but he quickly cast the thought aside and instead let it go. He really was getting to clingy for his own good and some thing told her it would just turn her off any ways.

“Okay” he said shrugging “you can if you want spend the night I mean but if you would rather just spend the day together that’s fine as well” He said pushing himself off of the doorframe and leaning in to give her a deep gentle kiss.

“So do you want me to go make you lunch?” Alex asked raising an eye brow “or bring my computer over so you can get your lines? My work doesn’t start until eleven so either way I am good” He explained before giving her another deep kiss.
 
He seemed to accept her choice, though made it clear that he could easily run her around if she needed a lift anywhere. She accepted his kiss and smiled relaxing now that they had finally sorted out their day.

“So do you want me to go make you lunch? or bring my computer over so you can get your lines? My work doesn’t start until eleven so either way I am good”

His kiss distracted her.

"11 am tomorrow?"

She queried.

"I'm supposed to be dead by 2 pm."

She smiled pleased that she had a short day.

"I'll sort my lines out at home. Lunch would be great, Alex,"
 
“It’s only for a meeting” Alex explained starting to walk back through the bed room and into the kitchen “I just go in for an hour or two then I am free for the day” he explained as he began to reach into his cabinet and pulled out the things he needed for lunch.

“If you want to hang out or have lunch together after” Alex said as he began to cook chicken “I would love to”
 
“It’s only for a meeting ... I just go in for an hour or two then I am free for the day”

Shanna slipped off his bed and followed him into his kitchen watching as he began to prepare the food.

“If you want to hang out or have lunch together after ... I would love to”

She blinked in surprise.

"You want to see me again!? ... tomorrow?"

She watched him working deftly and was impressed at his culinary skills.

"I'll be having lunch at work ... well ... I think I make it through lunch... I won't get away until around half two ... and even then I'll probably have to change... "
 
“Uh yes?” Alex asked cooking the chicken and working on some sides “Is that to soon?” He asked worriedly afraid he was going to be clingy again. He carefully began chopping up vegetables as he peeked over at her trying to gauge her mood.

“We don’t have to see each other tomorrow if you don’t want to” he called out finishing the chicken and putting it on a plate “its your choice”
 
“Uh yes? ... Is that to soon? We don’t have to see each other tomorrow if you don’t want to its your choice”

She laughed.

"My choice again, Alex?"

She joked.

"What do you want to do ...?"

She threw the query back at him.
 
“Just trying to be the gentleman” Alex called putting the plates together and putting the plate on the counter “I would love to see you tomorrow maybe take you out for lunch” he explained coming over and scooping her up in his arms. He kissed her deeply spinning her around in his small apartment for a second before putting her down in the chair.

“Is my position clear?” Alex asked sitting down opposite of her and raising an eyebrow. He didn’t bother touching his food yet remembering his mom’s lessons about being a gentleman. He always waited for the girl to start eating first out of politeness and respect.
 
“Just trying to be the gentleman ... I would love to see you tomorrow maybe take you out for lunch”

His arms were around her and his kiss deep. He moved her easily and eased her into a chair as he moved to serve up the food.

“Is my position clear?”

She nodded.

"But like I said ... I can't do lunch ... I;ll still be working ... "

She took a mouthful and murmured appreciatively.

"This tastes wonderful."
 
“Come over after lunch then” Alex says eating his own food right after she does. He makes certain not to shovel the food into his face and instead eat slowly watching her as she ate herself.

“I’ll pick you up if you want” he said shrugging his shoulders “and thank you very much I enjoy cooking as a hobby for others”
 
“Come over after lunch then ... I’ll pick you up if you want”

Shanna smiled at his offer.

"Sounds good, I have the rest of the weekend free ... I'm not on until the late shift on Monday."

She told him.

“and thank you very much I enjoy cooking as a hobby for others”

The food was definitely fantastic.

"How can you not have been snapped up already?"

She asked him.

"What woman could resist a man who is expert in the bedroom AND the kitchen?"

She asked, only half teasing.
 
Honestly?” Alex asked raisin an eye brow and finishing his food. He leaned back in his chair studying her with a mischievous smile. He carefully stretched out and regarded her blushing a little.

“Your only my second girl friend” Alex admitted clearing his throat “I had issues in high school so I never dated after wards I only dated one other girl” he explained shrugging.
 
"Honestly?”

Shanna had not intended to pry into his past love life, but there was something in the way he asked her that made her nod and watch him curiously as he blushed slightly.

“Your only my second girl friend”

She wasn't able to hide her surprise and carefully put her cutlery on her now empty place having almost dropped it.

“I had issues in high school so I never dated after wards I only dated one other girl”

She really couldn't imagine how girls could not have flocked around him. To her he had it all. High School could be hell of course, but even so ... only one other girlfriend.

"I didn't expect that, Alex."

She told him softly.

"Seems I got luckier than I realised."

She told him genuinely.

"I think I've had the other problem,"

She began deciding to be as honest with him as he had with her.

"I've dated enough guys ... casual dates usually ... nothing long term and only occasionally ... intimate ... "

She explained carefully trying to make it clear that she didn't just sleep around for fun.

"... I can't say I've ever been seriously involved with anyone ... never found anyone special ... "

She almost added ... until now ... , but surely it was too soon for her to be even thinking that way? And falling for someone just wasn't in her nature ... usually ... but then everything about her and Alex had been so different to her 'usual' way of being that Shanna knew she could rule nothing out.

" ... are you sure having waited so long for the right girl that it's me you want for a girlfriend?"

She asked sure that his first must have been very special indeed...
 
Last edited:
“Who says you’re not the right girl?” Alex asked raising one slender eyebrow. His nimble fingers tapped against his silverware as he regarded her a small smile playing across his handsome face. His plate sat empty in front of him having been picked clean by him moments before the conversation even started. His belly felt full and he was content with her some thing he hadn’t felt in a very long time.

“I think you are some thing special” Alex said simply leaning forward and putting his silverware down “You’re sweet warm wonderful we have a connection together and yes your even wonderful in bed” Alex said trying to resist the urge to blush as looked into her eyes “my experiences may have been limited but I still know some thing special when I see it a great catch even so I don’t think it’s a question of wanting you as my girl friend more like…. Needing you as my girlfriend”

His eyes were light like summer storms flickering with electricity as he regarded her happily. He wondered once again how he could have gotten so lucky to find himself with her. He didn’t let it on but he had been….. Pretty drunk himself last night not as drunk as her but still drunk enough that he could have ended up with some one else in his bed as well. When he woke up he remembered sitting their half way between nervous and scared who was going to greet him? Would she be nice?

Would she even like him?

He leaned in and gave her another deep kiss before leaning back and taking his plate to wash it.
 
“Who says you’re not the right girl?”

She shrugged. She might be, but it was just as likely that she was not.

“I think you are some thing special”

She blushed at the intensity of his words.

“You’re sweet warm wonderful we have a connection together and yes your even wonderful in bed...”

Shanna laughed, blushing at his words even though the modesty was misplaced.

“...my experiences may have been limited but I still know some thing special when I see it a great catch even so I don’t think it’s a question of wanting you as my girl friend more like…. Needing you as my girlfriend”

His lack of experience definitely didn't show, but then again she wasn't 'super-slut', despite appearances. But it was his talk of needing her that was the most shocking. Alex seemed to have become very serious, very quickly, but for some reason, she wasn't freaked and found herself excited by his intensity.

She met his lips as he pressed them against hers, matching his kiss with equal enthusiasm. With a smile she followed him to the kitchen carrying her plate and watched him washing up.

"I'm not used to being needed,"

She told him.

".. you can even cook and wash up independently ... besides the bedroom, what would you need me for...?"

She asked.
 
“Oh I think I need you more than you might think” Alex said shaking his head and going to wash the dishes “your selling your self short babe I maybe able to cook and clean and look after my self but that doesn’t mean my life doesn’t need a female touch” he said smiling big as he got the dishes cleaned off and put in the dishwasher.

“What about me?” Alex asked deciding to play her game and raising an eyebrow “your smart intelligent capable and some thing tells me when you put your mind to some thing you do it so what could you possibly need me for?” Alex asked rooting in his refrigerator for some thing.

He found the tub and pulled it out coming over to her and grabbing two spoons. He plopped back down in his chair and put the tub of Neapolitan ice cream down before pushing it in the middle and handing her a spoon.
 
“Oh I think I need you more than you might think ... your selling your self short babe I maybe able to cook and clean and look after my self but that doesn’t mean my life doesn’t need a female touch”

She nodded acknowledging that he could be right, but didn't point out that any woman could offer a 'female touch' of sorts.

“What about me? ... your smart intelligent capable and some thing tells me when you put your mind to some thing you do it so what could you possibly need me for?”

She watched him foraging in the refrigerator and laughed as he emerged with a the tub.

"Aside from icecream and sex?"

She quipped, taking the spoon off him, but holding it in the air as she seemed to consider. She hadn't actually said that she needed him. She had prided herself on not needing anyone, but then again ... perhaps times were changing.

"Well ... I needed you to get me out of trouble and keep me safe ... "

She began as she dipped her spoon in the icecream.

" ... that's a first for me, actually. I'm usually independent to the point of being a pain in the ass."

She found herself confessing openly, her gaze going to Alex as she considered more seriously.

"I think I need someone just to be there for me ... to care about me ... to actually give a damn about my thoughts, my feelings ... and of course someone I can be totally honest with and who will be as open and honest with me... "

She smiled.

"I've never trusted anyone else to be that to me before. And I think that perhaps you could be that person."

She told him.
 
Alex smiled and waited for her spoon to come out of the ice cream before he gently dipped into the vanilla side. He got the sense that she had just shared some thing fairly intimate and he smiled secretly pleased she was opening up to him. It was nice to think that they were moving forward in their “relationship” especially since there almost wasn’t a relationship. Yet here they were talking and sitting and being together just like a normal couple and Alex couldn’t be any happier.

“Nothing would make me happier” Alex said eating his ice cream and reaching over to take her spare hand “I can tell your independent and I like it I certainly wouldn’t expect you to be any thing else” he explained as he played with her fingers. He meant every word of it to and he was open and honest with her as he spoke.

“Trust me I give more than just a damn about your thoughts and feelings” Alex joked his smile growing on his face “nothing would make me happier than to be there for you and show you just how much I care about you and of course be honest with you to the point of being annoying”
 
“Nothing would make me happier”

She smiled as he took her hand, entwining their fingers as he spoke.

“I can tell your independent and I like it I certainly wouldn’t expect you to be any thing else”

She nodded reassured that he did not want to change her.

“Trust me I give more than just a damn about your thoughts and feelings ... nothing would make me happier than to be there for you and show you just how much I care about you and of course be honest with you to the point of being annoying”

She took another spoon of icecream as if considering his words.

"I think I'd like to see just how annoying you could be... in that way at least ... "

She joked before coming serious again.

"You do know this is all new to me?"

She asked him.

"... I guess I don't usually let people get close... especially men ... "

She waved her spoon at him in mock accusation.

" ... somehow you got through before I realised... "

She confessed.
 
“Well maybe it was just fate” Alex said laughing at her spoon waggling and popping his own into his mouth “Or maybe I’m just sneaky like a….” he paused trying to think of a good animal to say.

“Like a cat” he finally said dropping the spoon back into his hands and grabbing some more ice cream “I mean I am pretty nimble, sleek, shiny, I like to curl up and cuddle” he said jabbing the ice cream gently with each point he made.

“In any case” Alex said finishing his ice cream and putting the spoon down on the table “I am glad I managed to get in before you realized this is all new to me to but today has been the best day I have had in a long time” he admitted smiling softly and getting up. He walked over to her side of the table and got behind her gently rubbing her shoulders before leaning down and kissing the top of her hair.
 

“Well maybe it was just fate ... maybe I’m just sneaky like a….Like a cat”

Shanna laughed and shook her head at his comparison.

“I mean I am pretty nimble, sleek, shiny, I like to curl up and cuddle”

She laughed thinking that perhaps he did in fact have things in common with felines afterall.

“In any case ... I am glad I managed to get in before you realized this is all new to me to but today has been the best day I have had in a long time”

His hand went to her shoulders as she continued to help herself to icecream.

"Despite last night's ... circumstances, I definitely think fate was determined to get us together ... "

She licked her spoon and put it down satisfied that she had taken as much icecream as she could at that one sitting.

" ... even despite my ... objections ... concerns...?"

She confessed recalling the tricky conversations they had had earlier.

"We would probably never have run into each other if we hadn't have met as we did ... "
 
“Well that’s the thing about fate” Alex said running his hands up and down her shoulder blades and watching as she finished the ice cream “If it really was meant to be then one day we would have ran into each other again” Alex said before leaning down and placing a gentle kiss on the top of her head. He gave her shoulders a gentle squeeze before he went and put the ice cream away.

“Time to go?” He asked coming back and raising an eyebrow. He didn’t want her to go (he actually REALLY REALLY didn’t want her to go) but he bit his tongue and instead took her hand giving it a soft kiss as he regarded her.
 
"Well that’s the thing about fate ... If it really was meant to be then one day we would have ran into each other again”

She wasn't convinced.

"Do you really think that?"

She asked watching him put the icecream away.

“Time to go?”

She laughed as he kissed her hand.

"Wooed and chucked out all at the same time... "

She commented though it was clear she wasn't upset.

"I can stay until 5 if you want me to. That should give me time to prepare for tomorrow ... "

She smiled.

"Though as we're meeting up tomorrow, it's fine if I head home now and we catch up again after we've both done what we have to do ...?"

Shanna offered.
 
Back
Top