The morning after the night before ...

“What do you mean?”

Shanna grinned, but did not elaborate further.

“Come on ... tell me what you meant?”

She giggled as he kissed her and nestled closer as he stroked her back.

"What ... and risk you being turned off me forever...?"

She asked melodramatically.

"Ok .. well ... you know I said that I took on other work ... in the tourist industry...?"

She looked up with him blushing.

"Well ... I'm a history nerd ... I take part in re-enactments ... women through history, that's me ... "

She had no idea what he would think of her confession.

" ... camp follower, tavern wench ... concubine ... "

She smiled suggestively.

" ... being a sensible receptionist gives me a regular wage, but I do enjoy the more ... creative ... side of the tourist industry ... "

He seemed to be taking it well, so she dared to add.

"... so if you ever feel like being kid-like with me ... I'd be happy to introduce you to the finer points of historical re-enactment?"

She offered.

“Women of history huh?” Alex said smiling at her confession and his curiosity piqued.

“That sounds really cool actually” he said smiling at her and continuing to stroke and massage her back “I am a bit of a history not my self I enjoy learning about history as much as I can I have never done any thing that your talking about but I cant say I am not intrigued”

“Though” he said tentatively “when you say concubine? You don’t have to uh actually be a concubine right? I cant lie and say the thought isn’t hot but if we were to date I don’t know how I would feel about you uh having customers” he said wincing at how lame he sounded.

“Women of history huh? That sounds really cool actually”

Shanna returned his smile, amazed that he wasn't making fun of her interest.

“I am a bit of a history not my self I enjoy learning about history as much as I can I have never done any thing that your talking about but I cant say I am not intrigued”

It was so much more than she could have hoped for. She relaxed contentedly in his bed, loving the feel of his touch, the sound of his voice, the fact that she didn't have to hide her 'nerdy' activites from him.

“Though ... when you say concubine? You don’t have to uh actually be a concubine right?"

Giggling, she could see where he was going with this.

"I cant lie and say the thought isn’t hot but if we were to date I don’t know how I would feel about you uh having customers”

She laughed at his expression before responding playfully.

"See ... I knew the idea would turn you off me ... already looking for an excuse to dump me, even before we date ... and for something as petty as having customers ... "

She kissed him, intending it to be fleeting and light, but finding it deepening until she finally pulled away breathlessly.

"The concubine thing was more a pseudo-harem mock up ... not historically accurate, but after a phase of being 'camp follower' I sold out for the chance of having a role which was a bit more glamorous than camping out and cooking over an open fire ..."

She smiled.

"... and though I pride myself on authenticity ... no ... there are limits ... "

“Have you ever wanted to…. Go over those limits?”

The minute the question left his lips Alex frowned wondering where it came from. Ever since he had imagined the concubine thing a strange….. Feeling went through him. He imagined her wandering through a historical reenactment dressed as a scantily clad concubine. There was some thing about it that turned him on some thing about him that interested him more than he cared to admit

“I don’t know why I am asking” Alex said a blush almost forming on his cheeks “I just the thought is… interesting”

“Have you ever wanted to…. Go over those limits?”

She had no idea what he meant. What limits did he expect her to want to cross?

“I don’t know why I am asking ... I just the thought is… interesting”

She sat up and pulled away from him slightly.

"What's interesting? The idea of me selling myself out?"

What was it he thought of her. She had been teasing for sure, but she hadn't thought that he'd think that of her ...

"I know we ended up together last night, but no. There are limits to what I'd do to earn money. You seem to have entirely the wrong idea about me."

She accused, upset at the assumptions he seemed to have jumped to.

“Hey” Alex said frowning slightly and crossing his arms “I don’t have the wrong idea about you even though we did end up together last night I never would assume you slept around” he stated before relaxing slightly.

“I wasn’t asking you… that” He said closing his eyes “I was asking you if you ever wanted to or if you were ever interested in role playing in that way in a sexual manner with a boy friend or some thing pretending to be a concubine in that time period” he explained trying not to wince at how lame he sounded.

“I wasn’t calling you a whore” He explained gently “I was merely asking what your thoughts were on role playing I guess”

“Hey ... I don’t have the wrong idea about you even though we did end up together last night I never would assume you slept around”

Shanna wasn't entirely convinced.

“I wasn’t asking you… that ... I was asking you if you ever wanted to or if you were ever interested in role playing in that way in a sexual manner with a boy friend or some thing pretending to be a concubine in that time period”

That wasn't what he'd said and nothing like what it had sounded.

“I wasn’t calling you a whore. I was merely asking what your thoughts were on role playing I guess."

She flinched at his words.

"I've not got a boyfriend. It's been a while since I was in any kind of 'relationship' and no ... I've never found anyone interested in my re-enactment interests, much less ... intimate ... role play."

Clearly this wasn’t going well

“If you had a boy friend who was interested in it what would you think” Alex said very very aware he was walking on thin ice “if they had an… Interest in it as well?”

He shifted clearly trying to give her some space and worried she was getting angry at him. Alex wished not for the first time in his life that he had a time machine or some thing that stopped his mouth from blurting things out. He was always speaking before thinking or acting like a fool.

And more often then not it got him into a situation just like this

“If you had a boy friend who was interested in it what would you think ... if they had an… Interest in it as well?”

He was persistent, she would give him that. She lay down beside him again, this time on her side as she propped herself on her elbow.

"Well ... if he thought I was a whore, then I'd probably just slap him."

She told him her mock solemn tone failing as she grinned.

" ... but ... if he probably had some deeply buried sexual kinks which he was wanting to explore ... "

She held his gaze as she seemed to consider.

" ... I would definitely ... encourage him ... "

Her smile ruined her mock-serious tone.

“I wouldn’t say they are deeply buried” Alex said pleased she was smiling and feeling himself relax more

“I was just wondering if you had the same….. Interest as I think I might have” He said leaning in and gently kissing her lips before leaning back to study her.

“Even though I said it the wrong way” He said smiling a little

“I wouldn’t say they are deeply buried ... I was just wondering if you had the same….. Interest as I think I might have”

Shanna smiled as he kissed her.

“Even though I said it the wrong way”

She nodded.

"You definitely did."

She confirmed.

"... I'm not really sure what interest you think you might have, but ... I love dressing up ... acting ... re-enacting ... and I guess with the right boyfriend ... I'd be willing to explore many things ... "

She paused figuring she could ask him equally probing questions.

"So ... are you usually ... experimental ... with your girlfriends?"

She wondered how recently he had dated and how it happened that he had ended up with her last night ...

“Uh” Alex said smiling a little as he contemplated her question. He thought about some of his other girl friends in the past and resisted the urge to tell her his “girlfriends” were actually just one back a few years ago. Alex wondered if he should tell her that he used to have…. Issues when it came to interacting with people and said issues made it all but impossible for him to talk to any one in high school let alone a girl.

“Most of my girl friends haven’t had such a interesting thing to be experimental with” Alex finally said smiling a little “or at least not one that has piqued my interest so much I don’t know why I’m also a big historical nut and role playing in a erotic sense sounds interesting” He admitted giving a soft shrug of his shoulders.

“Uh ... Most of my girl friends haven’t had such a interesting thing to be experimental with, or at least not one that has piqued my interest so much I don’t know why I’m also a big historical nut and role playing in a erotic sense sounds interesting”

Shanna hadn't missed the fact that he had not referred to any of his past girlfriends, though his discretion was something that she found far from disappointing.

"Well, if you want to mingle with fellow historical nuts, then I can definitely introduce you to the finer aspects of historical enactment."

She offered.

"... but if you should find yourself an historically minded girlfriend... "

She began snuggling closer to him.

"Then ... I'm sure you could explore ... privately ... with her ... "

She suggested.

"Assuming you ask her nicely of course... "

She suggested...

“I would love to with the right girl friend” Alex said snuggling back and deciding to play along with her. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a gentle peck on her forehead before leaning back and closing his eyes.

“Of course said girl friend would have to be” Alex paused for effect and because he was enjoying himself “Interested in this as well if only I could find a historically minded girl who was interested in studying it privately with me”

He leaned in and gave her a quick peck on the lips before leaning back into his relaxed position.

“I would love to with the right girl friend”

She grinned as he snuggled closely, his casual kiss and the way he relaxed back amusing her.

“Of course said girl friend would have to be ... Interested in this as well if only I could find a historically minded girl who was interested in studying it privately with me”

She nodded in agreement.

" ... she would ... "

She giggled as he kissed her briefly.

"Well, good luck with that, Alex. Where to find such a girl ... that's the question ... there aren't that many about I would imagine... "

She seemed to consider briefly.

"I might be able to introduce you to a suitable girl... if you tell me what you'd look for in a prospective girlfriend that is ... ?"

“Oh that’s easy” Alex said refusing to budge from the game “her name should be Shanna she has blonde hair tan skin she is so pretty it is awe defining she has a historical fix already and she even role plays it some times” He said pretending to be nonchalant even as his eyes burned into hers with an intensity.

“She should also be sweet, kind, and loving” He said making sure to tick off every thing he already liked and even loved about her “she should have this amazing breath taking smile that’s like the sun and more importantly she should like me and want to explore it with me as well as be my girl friend”

He leaned in and gave her another kiss this time deeper and heart felt. He broke away after a few minutes and looked into her eyes. His electric green eyes were stormy and humorous but had an intensity that clearly said.

I want you

“Oh that’s easy...”

Alex began playfully.

“her name should be Shanna ... "

She laughed already realising where this was going ...

" ... she has blonde hair tan skin she is so pretty it is awe defining ... "

She blushed at his description, but he was far from done.

" ... she has a historical fix already and she even role plays it some times”

His eyes captured hers, the casual tone suddenly changing gear as he continued.

“She should also be sweet, kind, and loving ... she should have this amazing breath taking smile that’s like the sun and more importantly she should like me and want to explore it with me as well as be my girl friend”

His kiss mirrored the intensity of his words. Shana was surprised by how their banter had suddenly become so serious.

"... this could be your lucky day ... "

She murmured in response.

" ... I do like you ... very much, Alex ... and as to being your girlfriend ... would explorations be 'obligatory'? I'd need to know just what I'd be signing up to ... "

She really liked him ... found him sexy and interesting and the fact that he was interested in her and in her interests definitely added to his appeal.

“Not if you don’t want to do it with me” Alex said leaning back and softly stroking her cheek “I thought you might be interested in exploring it but if your not it doesn’t change that I would like to be your boy friend” he stated calmly.

“If you want to do it we can if you don’t we don’t have to” He explained giving a soft shrug of his shoulders “it doesn’t change how I feel about you” he said leaning and giving her another kiss.

“I really like you to and I would love to date you if you want to” Alex said smiling sheepishly.

“Not if you don’t want to do it with me”

His touch on her cheek was tender. It was clear that he wasn't going to push her.

“I thought you might be interested in exploring it but if your not it doesn’t change that I would like to be your boy friend. If you want to do it we can if you don’t we don’t have to ... it doesn’t change how I feel about you”

Shanna was touched by his sincerity.
All playfulness and banter dropped as he told her just how he felt about her.

“I really like you to and I would love to date you if you want to”

She nodded, blushing.

"It feels like this is happening all the wrong way around, but ... "

She hesitated.

"It still feels ... right ... somehow....?"

She was sure he felt the same.

"We can take this a date at a time .... but ... yes... I would really like to spend more time with you ... date you ... have you as a boyfriend ... "

She told him honestly.

" ... and I'm sure that as part of that .... it might be interesting to ... explore .... "

“Really?” Alex asked curiosity building inside of him as he looked her in the eyes “I would love to have you as my girl friend I know we just met but I feel a big connection to you” he said reaching over and holding her hand.

“So if you’re interested in exploring…” Alex trailed off trying to resist the urge to be shy about it “does that mean you have thought about it before? Or is there a particular fantasy you have always been interested in?” He asked unable to hide his curiosity.

“Really? I would love to have you as my girl friend I know we just met but I feel a big connection to you”

She was pleased that they had come to an understanding.

]he said reaching over and holding her hand.

“So if you’re interested in exploring…does that mean you have thought about it before? Or is there a particular fantasy you have always been interested in?”

She shook her head.

"No ... I've never thought about it."

She told him honestly.

"My role play is all tourist related and I usually manage to earn a wage doing it ... it's not something that I've wanted to explore in my personal life...."

“Ohhhh” Alex said frowning as sudden realization dawned on him

“I thought it was some thing you liked to do in your personal life” Alex explained blushing a little as he realized he had gotten it wrong “I mean I know you said you did it for money but I also thought you enjoyed it as a hobby or personal thing”

“If I had realized you didn’t uh do it personal life wise I wouldn’t have asked you” He explained rubbing the back of his neck “Just forget I said any thing about it” He said sheepishly.

“Ohhhh ... I thought it was some thing you liked to do in your personal life ... I mean I know you said you did it for money but I also thought you enjoyed it as a hobby or personal thing ... If I had realized you didn’t uh do it personal life wise I wouldn’t have asked you. Just forget I said any thing about it”

She shook her head.

"I never said anything about it being a personal thing. I told you I worked for several tourist companies who run historical re-enactments and pick and choose the work I do. It's creative, fun and it pays a wage."

She told him as clearly as she could manage.

"I never ever said it was something I was interested in ... sexually ... that was all you ... "

She sighed, somewhat frustrated at his constant returning to the same subject.
She didn't understand where that had come from and it was clear it was something he seemed fixated on. Not that it wasn't something she might explore if she were in a relationship where they were both interested in trying something creative ... but ... she hardly knew him and it wasn't what she was looking for. She only wished she hadn't made the concubine comment which he obviously took literally despite his protestations to the contrary.

" ... actually ... maybe I should head back home after all ... I have lines to work through before tomorrow ... "

She eased away from him.

"Will my clothes be wearable yet?"

She asked.

Crap

Alex could tell the conversation clearly was going badly. His constant going back to this was pissing her off and he could tell it just by the look in her face. A part of him wanted to go back in time and clear this conversation from history. He was interested in it but he was more interested in her than any thing else.

“Your clothes should be done” Alex said instead wondering if he should apologize or not “hang on” he said softly trying not to let on how upset he was. He got off the bed and went for her clothes taking them out and folding them before coming over and starring at her.

“Look” Alex said putting a hand on the back of his neck and cursing at the nervous habit “I clearly upset you with this I am sorry I didn’t mean to assume any thing or even make a big deal about it I really like you but that has nothing to do with it any ways I am sorry” he said before handing her back her clothes.

“Your clothes should be done ... hang on”

She bit back a sigh as he went to get her clothes. They were far from appropriate 'day wear' but they would do until she got home again.

“Look ... I clearly upset you with this I am sorry I didn’t mean to assume any thing or even make a big deal about it I really like you but that has nothing to do with it any ways I am sorry”

She shrugged.

"I've had guys who I've actually dared tell about my historical interest find me a bore and a nerd, but I've never had someone jump to the kind of assumptions you were making about me ... though I guess that my ending up on your bed like this does kinda suggest I'm that type ... "

She told him reasonably as she slid out from under his covers and hastily began to pull on her garments.

"I really liked you Alex ... so much, but ..."

She shrugged.

"I guess we should both sleep on it ... get some perspective... "

She suggested.

Back