The Test of a Really Good Movie

The Princess Bride. Saw this wonderful tale again last night. For me it is timeless, funny and charming.
 
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - a near perfect movie that improves with multiple viewings. Costner at his best; a beautiful and feisty heroine; a model, loyal and sarcastic sidekick in Morgan Freeman; an impeccably evil villain; and noble themes. I may watch it again tomorrow.
 
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - a near perfect movie that improves with multiple viewings. Costner at his best; a beautiful and feisty heroine; a model, loyal and sarcastic sidekick in Morgan Freeman; an impeccably evil villain; and noble themes. I may watch it again tomorrow.

Just don't expect to get to Nottingham from Dover via had Hadrians wall by nightfall on foot if you visit the UK...;)
 
Just don't expect to get to Nottingham from Dover via had Hadrians wall by nightfall on foot if you visit the UK...;)

Ahhh, the magic of movies! Or, in olden days they were much sturdier stock, and faster walking. Or, is it that the distances were smaller way back then? ;)
 
North Dallas Forty
Any Given Sunday

Both are good at the start of the football season to get in the right frame of mind.
 
Blade Runner
Star Wars (Original Trilogy)
Lord of the Rings
Ed Wood
The Lion in Winter
Dark City
Chaplin
Phantom of the Paradise

...just to name a few. I could go on for sometime.
 
Recent movies that warrant re-watching:

The Arrival
La La Land
The Big Sick
The Nice Guys
Hell or High Water
 
Most re-watched films, off the top of my head:

Empire Strikes Back
Se7en
12 Angry Men
Withnail & I
The Big Lebowski
Ghostbusters
This is Spinal Tap
Seven Samurai
Yojimbo
La Haine
Old Boy (original)
Jungle Book (original)
Jaws
The Thing
Life is Beautiful
Cinema Paradiso
Heat
 
Sneakers Watch it again and again - seamless acting, humor, plot, message.
 
Blade Runner
Star Wars (Original Trilogy)
Lord of the Rings
Ed Wood
The Lion in Winter
Dark City
Chaplin
Phantom of the Paradise

...just to name a few. I could go on for sometime.

The bald guy was my high school football coach..

hqdefault.jpg
 
Once Upon A Time In The West

The Martian

Emerald Forest

I've seen the Martian lots of times, a good movie to see over and over. Out of newer ones anyways. I've seen the remake of Vacation quite a bit, Why Him?, The Mission Impossible movies, Both Deadpools, But the movie I've seen the most? Despicable Me!! :)
 
The test of a really good movie is not letting anyone interrupt or fuck with the remote while watching!
 
Mel Brooks, never gets tiresome

Young Frankenstein
History of the World, pt 1
Blazing Saddles
High Anxiety
Silent Movie
Spaceballs
 
These I'll turn on every time I see that they're on:

LA Confidential
The Great Escape
Chinatown
 
Back
Top