Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent version, HP. Thank you. :)

Gotta love the sunny side. I 'toast' the prowess of Dizzy and Sonny...
two-eggs-sunny-side-up-260nw-373513816.jpg

I grew up in the 1960s and '70s which wasn't exactly the time of jazz popularity. On the other hand, I think I was the only person in my high school with a Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass eight track in my car. :cool:

I was more keen on Kenny Ball. . .

Do tell. . . . .

I was playing in the house band at a well-known club. Kenny Ball and his band were the special guests one Saturday night. We played the first set, and then they played a set. And then the crowd wanted more. Kenny came out to the band room where we were waiting to go back on and said 'Hey, why don't we do a big band?' (Or words to that effect.) And so we did. I think there were six or seven of them. And five of us. No rehearsal, of course. But we played a couple of standards. And the crowd wanted more. :) In the end, we played for about an hour. Great fun.

I was playing in the house band at a well-known club. Kenny Ball and his band were the special guests one Saturday night. We played the first set, and then they played a set. And then the crowd wanted more. Kenny came out to the band room where we were waiting to go back on and said 'Hey, why don't we do a big band?' (Or words to that effect.) And so we did. I think there were six or seven of them. And five of us. No rehearsal, of course. But we played a couple of standards. And the crowd wanted more. :) In the end, we played for about an hour. Great fun.

There was a new 'place' in Leeds, called "the Hoffbrauhaus"; all very Germanic and lots of Oompah etc.. But the Beer wasn't bad.
So one night we got Kenny Ball & his Jazzmen.
It was great. Chimes Blues, by request!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back