Pet

shygurl570

Experienced
I was talking to a male regarding being a sub. After talking, he said you are pet...and he was saying a pet is rare.

???

Any info would be great this is still new to me.

There are multiple connotations to the word pet, I think in this case he means a kept submissive, or could be branching Kitten, Puppy, Pony, type play.

After stumbling into a relationship with my current girlfriend/sub/kitten I heavily began to research the BDSM community because she has fantasies of submission and roleplay in that nature. Although some may try and give a definitive definition to the term "pet" it seems to carry so many different connotations depending on the crowd.

As for me and my Kitten, we've come to the realization that she is a Kitten/pet in terms that she needs the cute and cuddly as much as she needs the rough and tumbly. So, as for now, and as for us we use pet to define her as someome who wants rough play time, and some submission but without moving to some of the darker aspects that apply to some play in the world of BDSM.

I was talking to a male regarding being a sub. After talking, he said you are pet...and he was saying a pet is rare.

???

As far as I know, pets (all kinds) are not rare.

Ask him what he means by pet. It's different for the individual. Also, don't let a dude on the internet tell you what you are. Do some research, find out what it is you want and figure it out for yourself. There are stickies at the top of BDSM Talk. Use the library to see old threads on topics you're interested in. Also, browse the current discussions and don't be afraid to ask more questions.

Remember, info you may get in PM will probably be self serving. That means a person will likely try to tell you their preferences and phrase it in a manner that sounds like everyone does it. Everyone doesn't. :)

Feel free to contact civilwhore2 regrading being a "pet" and submissive.

She is smart and funny and genuinely likes crawling around with a tail plug and kitten ears on.

Also she is mine...so!

???

Do your own homework, and find yourself. Don't allow someone else to label you; especially if it is some random anon found on the playground. :rolleyes:

Here is an amusing quiz that may/may not help get yah started.

Do your own homework, and find yourself. Don't allow someone else to label you; especially if it is some random anon found on the playground. :rolleyes:

Here is an amusing quiz that may/may not help get yah started.

There is no science behind those quizzes, and are biased towards the quiz creator's personal definition of the terms. Also, there are a lot of incorrect assumptions I've heard from others, like if you enjoy pain you're a sub. Not really reliable.

"amusing" quiz that "may/may not" help get yah started...

the idea was for the op to just start somewhere, anywhere, to do their own research and become comfortable with the idea of defining themselves. Quizzes are fun ice breakers.

"amusing" quiz that "may/may not" help get yah started...

the idea was for the op to just start somewhere, anywhere, to do their own research and become comfortable with the idea of defining themselves. Quizzes are fun ice breakers.

I'm not objecting to you posting it, I just think those things need to be pointed out about such quizzes so they aren't taken too seriously.

???

So, my experience with this was fairly recent and more of a proposal than an actual agreed upon situation. A close friend/FWB at the time brought up the idea of being a pet as a third party in a poly relationship between my official significant other (we are currently in an open relationship) - basically she wouldn't be paying anything for room and board; in exchange she would help take care of the house and our needs, whatever they happen to be. Given some of the physical ailments both I and my primary partner have experienced (sciatica, neuropathy, mild high functioning autism, either bipolar or some schizoform disorder, chronic fatigue and crippling dental pain for me; fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathy and major depression for her, anxiety for both of us), this seemed like a reasonable deal. I don't know if my woman will go for it and it doesn't really matter until I find a more permanent place to live and know I can provide most of the income for all 3 of us.

That may not satisfy everyone's definition of pet, but that definition worked for both my prospective pet and myself.

Back