Votes: 70 25.1%
  • 6 - 10

Votes: 39 14.0%
  • > 10

Votes: 59 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose high school wasn't a mess? Well, except mine, I was the jock, the valedictorian, the cool kid, I was all that and more. LOL

I have often times heard Lit compared to high school. I can see that when drama unfolds, but I think there's other comparisons that can be made. What's yours, what do you think Lit most favorably compares to?

Whose high school wasn't a mess? Well, except mine, I was the jock, the valedictorian, the cool kid, I was all that and more. LOL

I have often times heard Lit compared to high school. I can see that when drama unfolds, but I think there's other comparisons that can be made. What's yours, what do you think Lit most favorably compares to?

I've described it as high school on many occasions. The two-faced, he said/she said borders fucktarded levels of twatwafflery.

We used to have a "mean girls" thread, as I recall. We all sat at the same lunch table and compared notes on 'slinger. :p

I went to an all-guy Catholic HS. Any drama was solved through fisticuffs. :D

Why is this not surprising? ;)

I'd say Lit can be a little high schoolish at times. Cliques, petty jealousies, secret (or not so secret) crushes, popular kids, assholes, clowns - they're all here. But how different is that from real adult life?

So do we act like our high school selves here, then? My high school persona was relatively quiet, shy, overachiever, occasional vocal bursts of genius (lol). Here on Lit, I suppose it's basically the same, with a slightly larger sprinkling of self confidence. I was also a virgin in high school, and, according to chainy's little poll at the top here, I'm clearly some kind of Lit slut. :eek:

Oh, and I flash my tits here on a regular basis. Not so much in HS. :p

Last edited:

I think it compares more to my early 20's not HS. HS I was a little shy, hung with just a few kids, big thick glasses, geky straight A, smoked pot and ...
My 20's I was more of a rebelwild child. Explored fantasies, wore the knees out in many jeans :D, wet t contests, skinny dipping, rode a harley topless Houston to Austin :cool:.

I was the wallflower or loner in school, so probably similar except now I don't care.

You guys must have gone to some seriously fucked up schools. :D

When I was a kid, there was a programme in which the titles ended with the phrase "It's not real life - it's high school!".

Can't for the life of me remember what it was, but that's where my mind took it. :D

We don't have high-schools where I'm from. We all went to secondary school, or the local comp.
Irrespective of the school, there's a fairly universal term for what I was : Band. Geek. :D

Anyhoo.....I think The Playground is fairly accurately named. *shrug*

I think Lit has a couple of different "styles".

Some of it is like high school. The cliques and all that. Which, I don't necessarily think it's the awful thing that people think. I mean, cliques suck when they are mean and exclude people. But, some people obviously get on well with others and the opposite is also true. There are certain people here that I enjoy reading their posts and we would probably get on well in real life. On the other hand, there are some people who to which I'd prefer a gorilla raping. Kind of like high school.

I was a real smart ass in high school. Smart ass. Smartass. Whatever. I got along with some people. Others I mostly just ignored. I wasn't a wallflower. I wasn't a jock. I wasn't a nerd. I got along with a lot of different types of people.

I also think that Lit is like an insane asylum. There are some fucking crazy people here. Like, boil bunnies and horse head in the bed crazy. Holy shit some of these people need to be locked up with electrodes to them and shocked until they aren't insane.

What drives me crazy:
- When you see the same old people professing their love for a new Litster every other week (or day).
- Bingo Ladies.

What do I love:
- The HTers and the friendships formed there. The meaningful impacts those friendships have had one each other's real lives.
- How Lit can expose you to other lifestyles and people that you may not cross paths with in your every day life.
- Wasting my time in the PG games and silliness when I'm bored.
- Pmann.
- Putting faces to names.

That part made me giggle.

But seriously, just a super busy work day. Up essentially and didn't make the time to get my ass in here. That's on me, no doubt.

There are times when we choose to step away and times when life dictates that we can't be here. Which would you prefer, not here by choice or not here because RL demands pull you away?

I like to take a significantly long break away from anything in my life I think might be habit forming (Lit, alcohol, fast food, television, shopping, etc) just to break up the pattern and fill that void with something else.

If nothing more than to show myself that I can.

But seriously, just a super busy work day. Up essentially and didn't make the time to get my ass in here. That's on me, no doubt.

There are times when we choose to step away and times when life dictates that we can't be here. Which would you prefer, not here by choice or not here because RL demands pull you away?

:confused: real life is a choice.. a really great one actually

Waltzes in. Just buzzing the tower for now, wanting to make sure the place was handling my neglect well. Seems to be in fine hands. Carry on! :)

*carries on* But what?

I have no questions 'burning under my nails' as a dutch saying says, and don't ask me why questions burn under peoples nails ... It might relate to habits the inquisitioners had. If they put a little piece of wood under your nail and lighted it, the question they wanted an answer to would burn under your nails?

I like to take a significantly long break away from anything in my life I think might be habit forming (Lit, alcohol, fast food, television, shopping, etc) just to break up the pattern and fill that void with something else.

If nothing more than to show myself that I can.

You're better at self discipline than I am! :)

Real life often pulls me off line for an extended period of time and then sometimes I just simply don't come online because I'm doing something else, even if that something else is nothing. If I had to choose between the two I like the times when I am doing something else out of choice.

(And to answer a previous one - I see lit as a neighborhood bar in a big city. Partly full of locals who are always there, and then filled with that strange mix of socialites, hipsters, huggers, hookers, drunks, and tourists. It can be strange and entertaining - which why I'm hear in the first place.)

........ I see lit as a neighborhood bar in a big city. Partly full of locals who are always there, and then filled with that strange mix of socialites, hipsters, huggers, hookers, drunks, and tourists. It can be strange and entertaining - which why I'm hear in the first place.)

Well done, Paul. I can see the neighbour bar analogy quite clearly. I would include among the locals the same ones hanging around the bar eyeing off the fresh meat, either trying to pick up or be picked up, and those who like to watch them in their mating rituals, some of whom will roll their eyes as the predictable flirtatious behaviour plays out.

As for whether I'd prefer to choose a break from Lit or be forced because of real life pressures, real life dictates and limits my availability anyway. Not only in terms of having to prioritise looking after my family and meeting my commitments, but because many of the more lively interactions are occurring at times not very compatible with living in my time zone, and sometimes I need to sleep, but I do manage to keep up whenever I can.

I have no idea what you just said. :D

*grins* It seemed perfectly logic to me!
Sometimes I just can't help myself and wonder about a word or a saying. My logical mind wants to know why un-logical words or sayings exist, where they originate. Poor people around me when I am in such a mood!

*grins* It seemed perfectly logic to me!
Sometimes I just can't help myself and wonder about a word or a saying. My logical mind wants to know why un-logical words or sayings exist, where they originate. Poor people around me when I am in such a mood!

I think the explanation you've given for that one is totally logical ... and sent a sinister shiver down my spine

Alright, time to get off my ass and get back to my duties as the OP of these parts. My apologies for my lack of attendance, I'll get a note from ChainedUp's mom to excuse myself.

Lies. Non of us are perfect. We've told little lies and big lies during our time at Lit. Some tell them to get into something, others to get out of something but whatever the case, lies are told. Be they little white or big & bold. Assuming telling a lie to get something is universally bad, does Litiquette-ville think telling a lie to spare someone's feelings is okay. Or should it be the honest, brutal truth all the time, feelings be damned?

Alright, time to get off my ass and get back to my duties as the OP of these parts. My apologies for my lack of attendance, I'll get a note from ChainedUp's mom to excuse myself.

Lies. Non of us are perfect. We've told little lies and big lies during our time at Lit. Some tell them to get into something, others to get out of something but whatever the case, lies are told. Be they little white or big & bold. Assuming telling a lie to get something is universally bad, does Litiquette-ville think telling a lie to spare someone's feelings is okay. Or should it be the honest, brutal truth all the time, feelings be damned?

it goes both ways. don't ask a question if you're not prepared for the truth.

it goes both ways. don't ask a question if you're not prepared for the truth.

What about when you discover someone isn't as good of a match as you had hoped, or you discover an annoyance that you'd hope would go away but never has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back