The China Pearl Inn part 7

I brush the snow from my shoulders my skis once more tucked beneath th3e eves of the Inn. Slip my rucksack from my shoulders and pour a mug of hot coffee. Glad to be back after my wanderings.

Robyn, Sal, thank you for taking care of the Inn in my absence. I hug and kiss for both stunning young ladies.

Uggg, Glad, S F, and Raven I trust all is well with you.

It was a long trip to the West Coast and I was quite busy enjoyed it, but very glad to be back.

Welcome back CG. :eek:
 
I'm doing a little better today, not quite as much pain. So less medication means a bit more clear headed, which helps. If I feel up to it I should start next Monday, but since I am unsure of pain levels I won't know until later this week. I'd be ok working if I was still on pain meds at night but would never go to work on them if at all possible especially starting a new job. Anti inflamatories like Advil would be fine but not narcotics

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Totally agree on the meds. I hate having to to be on any kind. :eek:
 
I feel like chittering and chattering with you friendly folks but I don't find myself with much to say.

I must be some kind of dull person today.

:rose:Uggg
 
CG, chief, I salute So glad to see you back, we've missed you so much.

Luv2bfkd, Supergirl was saying how much help you have been to her, thank you.

The other person missing in action is SharingFantasies, does anyone know how she is? Looking for her reptile? Glad, get well soon, Raven Timothy my heart goes to you and Uggg
 
Well Done Sal you and Robyn keep up the good work.;)

Uggg not to worry we just chatter away with our little daily occurrences. :D
 
Thanks luv2bfkd. So busy Holiday season coming up for you and yours?


Thanks Glad hope all is well my friend.

It’s be Christmas at my aunt and uncle’s house here. Last count, there’s going to be 15 of us. We had most of our shopping done by Thanksgiving and spent a lot of time that weekend doing gift wrapping. Still a couple of those ‘No idea what to get them’ to do yet. :eek:
 
Oh I do know that feeling luv2bfkd :D


I was a bit behind this year it was a week after Thanksgiving before I had my shopping pretty much done. Just one more to go and I am still clueless as what to get him.
 
I am ok CG, recovering from abdominal surgery so I hurt, but I'll make it. Glad your trip went well.
We have some of our shopping done but still some more to finish.
 
I feel like chittering and chattering with you friendly folks but I don't find myself with much to say.

I must be some kind of dull person today.

:rose:Uggg

Uggg sometimes I slip in and clean when the inn is empty. That's kind of my way of bumping the thread and keeping ambiance warm.(I have a wife that can spell ambiance)
But when everyone is here and I can't think of anything to say I just stalk the thread till something comes to mind.

I watched for a few days before I jumped back in. I was worried about how much the inn may have changed.
But all credit to CG it's the same ol inn with great company and warm atmosphere.
 
Glad I am pleased to hear your on the mend. I hope your up to snuff in no time.;)

Raven that is kind of you to say but the Inn and what it is, is also a reflection of you guys as well. :D
 
You are certainly one of the driving forces that helps to keep the spirit of this place alive cg. Always welcoming the inn has evolved over time but yet, it's still relatively unchanged, if that makes sense. There is less in character here than their used to be, and I do miss that and do try to put some into my posts at time, but the companionship is of course still present and something I am glad has not changed.
 
Not much under my Christmas tree this year a new series of expenses on the same old income. Didn't even put the tree up because of the nine months old needs her space.
But I cant top this present anyway.
So I will have a very Merry Christmas just without the expenditures.
Spending the day with adopted family. Still have to figure out a dish or two.
 

Attachments

  • 20171212_200836.jpg
    20171212_200836.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 0
Don't feel bad, my tree is up but not decorated its needs one more strand of lights in my wife's opinion. Hoping my income will go up once I start this new job have been living off my wife's income for a year which hasn't been easy.
 
You are certainly one of the driving forces that helps to keep the spirit of this place alive cg. Always welcoming the inn has evolved over time but yet, it's still relatively unchanged, if that makes sense. There is less in character here than their used to be, and I do miss that and do try to put some into my posts at time, but the companionship is of course still present and something I am glad has not changed.

That makes perfect sense Glad. About evolving and staying the same. Part of that is the company of people. And part of that is how some of the people have changed. But at the same time the welcome adat8is carried by all of the patrons. Something CG is mainly responsible for.
 
Raven she is as cute as a button.

To me Christmas is not about gifts but people and after all the best gift we can give is love. ;)
 
Don't feel bad, my tree is up but not decorated its needs one more strand of lights in my wife's opinion. Hoping my income will go up once I start this new job have been living off my wife's income for a year which hasn't been easy.

Been there feel your pain living of of the spouses income was almost enough to send me over the edge. To much pride and old "manly" values to get my head right with her "taking care of" me. But truth be told she may wined up helping take care of me before it's all over. My knees will only last so much longer before they need replacement.
 
Raven she is as cute as a button.

To me Christmas is not about gifts but people and after all the best gift we can give is love. ;)

I totally agree with most of that. I've always been that one guy who finds the right gift, most of the time with little effort. Like it just jumped off the shelf and into my cart. And while it was never the car of their dreams it was always the one thing that was just right. This year that has to be my company. I'm not great company most of the time. Heck sometimes I don't want to spend time with me.
 
Yes it it the people not so much the gifts that make the holidays for me.

Yes it is tough having her support us for the reasons you mentioned but I have made peace with the fact that even with 2 degrees she will make more money than me, I went into a helping profession I don't do it for money. But its just been tough to go without the things we took for granted for years. It will be nicer to buy more healthy foods when I can budget more money for groceries, a lot of the preserved foods have so many chemicals in them in my opinion.
 
Yes it it the people not so much the gifts that make the holidays for me.

Yes it is tough having her support us for the reasons you mentioned but I have made peace with the fact that even with 2 degrees she will make more money than me, I went into a helping profession I don't do it for money. But its just been tough to go without the things we took for granted for years. It will be nicer to buy more healthy foods when I can budget more money for groceries, a lot of the preserved foods have so many chemicals in them in my opinion.

No sir, that's not an opinion. It's a fact. At work I live on Ramen and sardines because it's close to health for the price. And I make sure my wife and the baby have fresh fruit and vegetables as often as I can afford to. The baby is starting to taste whole foods. And because my wife breastfeeding whatever she eats the baby eats. With that in mind I enjoy my lunch knowing they have it just a little better. I also do most of the cooking because I know she is tired from chasing the baby all day, and she tries to work from home, and soldiers as a reservist. All I do is work all the hours I can at a warehouse and the reserves.

Part of my advanced military training deals with the effects of chemicals on the human body. I try hard to avoid most modern preservatives.
 
Slips in to the inn looks around. Turns off all of the overhead lights. Turns on a lamp in the corner with a 40w bulb, Lights a few storm candles, stokes the fireplace and adds a few logs. Then ever so carefully places a blanket on each of the sleeping patrons who for whatever reasons they had chose her instead of their own beds for the night. Uggg gets a mink blanket because that about as Asian as I have seen in all of my travles. A beautiful Queen size one with a classic depicting of a Samurai in combat. The kind you see in old Japanese art where the samurai has dozens of arrows sticking out of helping armor but he still fights on.
For any of the lovelt brits something simple Big Ben of Knights on horseback. I could probably find one with the USS Enterprise but we'll save that for a special occasion. Heck it wouldn't be impossible to find one of the women of DC comics either... again another time perhaps. CG can have his favorite quilt and a pillow. That should about do it. Now to slip back into the shadows for the night. 10:22 and all is well.
 
I wake at 0515 hours to find a kind soul has covered me in a blanket. My eyes adjust to the light and I quietly wake Storm. We creep outside and make our way back to the real world and our early morning run. Before leaving I scribble a note and place it on the bar. It reads

‘Hi Friends. Sorry I was so morose last night, it’s just a very difficult time of year for me. I’m expected to be strong and not feel like this but here I feel among friends. Thanks for being here for me.’
 
Back
Top